OlderStoner's First Legal Outdoor Grow

OlderStoner

With my medical marijuana card in hand I am enthusiastically carrying out my first "legal" outdoor grow. It's in my backyard and with my MM card I am licensed to grow up to six (6) plants for personal use. Of course, the federal law still trumps me but I'm hoping any LE who takes interest will understand that I'm just a hard working stiff and it's only six plants.

This journal was started late, about day 130 in this grow so no early stages in this one. I credit that to the great advice I've gotten over time from this forum for getting me this far with what looks like very healthy plants for outdoors and getting only direct sun for about 4-5 hours each day. That said I'd like to ask opinions on these babies. For all of these plants I used seeds I generated from previous grows. I know the strains they came from but these plants are different than the parents plants they came from.

Untitled01.jpg

PLANT #1
This one is from a mother plant which came from a cross between Cotton Candy and White Widow X. I'm not big on genetics so I can't speak to anything with it. This baby is real healthy showing no signs of distress. They've all had more water than they need due to heavy rains but there's also heat, 92° average highs this time of year. I know cannabis doesn't like this kind of heat but so far these appear to be holding their own. The buds have only been on this for about 1 month and she went through a reveg stage when I transplanted from the pot to the earth. Two others which I think are from seeds that were sisters to this one reveged too. I've never seen one do that and I have to tell you it was quite a site. The plants really bushed out which I attribute to the high N content of the potting soil they are repotted with. This one is one of the smaller ones in this grow and she is showing promise.

Untitled02.jpg

PLANT #2
This one I'm pretty sure is a sister to #1, I can't bet on it but I'm pretty sure I got the seeds for these two from the same collection. It looks similar and like #1, it went through about 1 month of reveg and really bushed out. However, she is showing some signs of distress (ie, see the discolored leaves) I don't know if this one had too much water or not. I do know I gave the FF nutes to it about 3 times during it's growth. I used only about 1/2 the recommended dosage because I've always found that FF tends to be a little hot and I've wrecked some previous grows using too much of it. I mixed in a little of the Open Sesame and Cha-Ching, but never together. This stuff is what seems to make the FF regime too hot.

Untitled04.jpg

PLANT #3
This one is kind of amazing. I think it came from a skunk haze mother. With it's narrow leaves it looks more sativa to me but again, I'm still in my learning curve on strains. This one also was one which I did not pinch or trim back. I just let it grow. It's now over 9 feet tall and I'm nervous it will be discovered, but what the heck, I'm legal so I'm going to let it go. The trouble this one seems to be exhibiting is the purple (red) stems and the fading colors in the leaves. I thought this was a Mag deficiency so I gave it some in a small doses over it's a few waterings, but mainly the heavy rains take care of it's water requirements. I don't think this one will hold up if the buds get bigger. It's rather spindly but it's main stalk is really think as the windy conditions this season have worked and strengthened all of these plants.

PEACE OUT!

Back
Top Bottom