First Outdoor Grow

panel350

Hi All, this is my first grow journal I thought about it when I started but didn't so here goes .
I'm down here in NewZealand and it's coming on to the end of summer,Day temps are around 26-30C so I was given a collection of seeds ,some Thai,Shiva and Hash .I germed 2 of each that popped up on the 19th of December .I ended up with 4 seed turning to male so have 1 Thai and a Shiva flowering now .I tried the DWC method last winter which was a failure :(.So I'm now using Canna Pro in 8 liter pots and using Nutrifield products for feeding .With the wealth of information at 420 I think I am heading in the right direction !!
I've had no major issues so far but for not really knowing about Cal-mag which has mad a heap of difference over the past week . Here are a few Piks of my grow . Cant wait for harvest:bongrip:
Cheers

Attachments

• nugrow 002.JPG
    nugrow 002.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 22days from sprout 002.JPG
    22days from sprout 002.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 48
  • 30days 001.JPG
    30days 001.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 9feb 004.JPG
    9feb 004.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 19Feb2019 001.JPG
    19Feb2019 001.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 47
So it's March 5 and we are having an extended summer although the days are getting shorter so I move the girls around so they get full sun at 8am untill 8pm ,the weather here is fine with temps in the late 20's to early 30's C . So I have made a post about thinning the shade leaves and had great advise thanks all !! .I read about adding molasses to my feeding which I started today. Flowers are starting to really thicken up with some of the pistils starting to change color (a good sign :D) So 4 weeks into flower and I think I'm on the right track .
Cheers to all that have helped
Kev

Attachments

• 5march flower 001.JPG
    5march flower 001.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 54
  • 5march flower 002.JPG
    5march flower 002.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 55
Cheers mate ,funny you are in Maine !! I have a Mainecoon cat ! awesome pet . anyway I'm getting really excited that it won't be long before I can smoke my buds ,shit they are looking and smelling good LOL. Question is at this stage of flower ( 4 weeks) I have been told not to feed with Nutes as there will be enough in the soil ,so I have been feeding them every 3rd day with Ph'ed water and Molasses because iv'e been told adding sugar is good at this stage of flower .I water when I feel that the containers feel really light in weight then add 2.5 liters until it has drained through then add the drain off usually about 100ml . Should I be adding any other Nutes ??
Cheers Kev

Should I be adding any other Nutes ??
She looks really healthy so I would say no....I only give my plants a boost when I see an obvious deficiency, like excessively yellowing fan leaves (a few is normal at this point). Otherwise my advice is let. her. grow. I can see your are chomping at the bit to smoke her down, but the last few weeks are crucial to maximizing your harvest. I made that mistake for a long time...wait, and then wait a little more. The buds will double in the last 2-3 weeks. If you don't already have a way to check the trichomes, buy a $10 loupe...it is really the only definitive way to know if she is done.

:goodluck:

Hi mate, you must be up in the north island with those sort of temps. Looks like you guys will be legalising next year, Australia as usual is way behind. Good luck with your grow, looks great. Think about your poor cousins in Oz when you smoke it up large. cheers

She looks really healthy so I would say no....I only give my plants a boost when I see an obvious deficiency, like excessively yellowing fan leaves (a few is normal at this point). Otherwise my advice is let. her. grow. I can see your are chomping at the bit to smoke her down, but the last few weeks are crucial to maximizing your harvest. I made that mistake for a long time...wait, and then wait a little more. The buds will double in the last 2-3 weeks. If you don't already have a way to check the trichomes, buy a $10 loupe...it is really the only definitive way to know if she is done.

:goodluck:
Cheers ,I have a loupe arriving tomorrow ,they are getting quite frosty!!!

Attachments

• frosty 006.JPG
    frosty 006.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 50
Nice looking plant,panel350...

Your growspace resembles mine-lots of "indigenous" vegetation to keep your plants company:)

Hi mate, you must be up in the north island with those sort of temps. Looks like you guys will be legalising next year, Australia as usual is way behind. Good luck with your grow, looks great. Think about your poor cousins in Oz when you smoke it up large. cheers
Hi Capt ,yeah mate having a real long summer here .There's a binding referendum next year and at this point some polls are running at 82% for !! and even now there are growing facilities being built so it's all go !! I've also heard that the cops are taking a real lean approach to busting small growers by letting them have 2 plants e.g if you have 10 plants they will take 8. Where in OZ are you ??we are heading over next month to Byron Bay for the Blues fest can't wait :D
Cheers Kev

Nice looking plant,panel350...

Your growspace resembles mine-lots of "indigenous" vegetation to keep your plants company:)
LOL yeah ,Cheers they are coming along ,I move them around to take advantage of the sun that's their morning spot after 10am they are off to the afternoon spot then back to the morning spot for night time .

Got it-I keep my grows on wheels so I can "follow the sun":thumb:

Got it-I keep my grows on wheels so I can "follow the sun":thumb:
Yeah man ,I tried a indoor hydro grow last winter what a disaster LOL I have never paid for smoke but that one cost me heaps !!like an extra $300 a month for power so its outdoors for me now :bongrip:

Hydro grows some huge,high yielding plants,but it's just more work than I want to do...

(and more $ than I can afford to spend)

One of my sons was deep into Hydro about 10 years ago-in fact went to jail for 9 months for it.
He was an entreprenuer of sorts-the hydro wasn't as "frowned upon" as much as the entreprenuer part.

Yes I agree mate to much work !! I got root rot from lack of air-ration.I learnt a lot about Ph temps ect ,I used the DWC method but not again.If I do an indoor grow this winter I will be using an Auto pot .I guess you are in the U.S and if it's legal in your state I hope your sons conviction is wiped off his record .

Thanks -he made a deal,and serving the time kept it off his record,so it's all good now.

Hey guys just wondering if I should remove some of the small popcorn flowers that are not doing much on the lower branches ??

Well that was a bit of a cockup earlier I said the girls were into their 4th week of flower! well I wondered when flowering starts and after reading some articles it appears the girls are in their 8th week of flower :D that means I'm closer than I thought !! My loupe arrives tomorrow so I will be having a look at the trichomes .It's all a learning curve and I can't believe how much information is out there !! just small things that can lead to better things like how the color of the trichomes , if they are cloudy , more of a head lift and if they are amber more pain relief ,so I will be looking for 50/50 ,sounds good to me :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom