First Outdoor Grow

Hi Capt ,yeah mate having a real long summer here .There's a binding referendum next year and at this point some polls are running at 82% for !! and even now there are growing facilities being built so it's all go !! I've also heard that the cops are taking a real lean approach to busting small growers by letting them have 2 plants e.g if you have 10 plants they will take 8. Where in OZ are you ??we are heading over next month to Byron Bay for the Blues fest can't wait :D
Cheers Kev
Hi mate. Im way out west where an ounce can get you serious jail time. Big meth issues here, if only the idiots in govt. could understand legalising ganja will minimise meth use. Might have to migrate to NZ, trouble with the accent though, lol.

Hi mate. Im way out west where an ounce can get you serious jail time. Big meth issues here, if only the idiots in govt. could understand legalising ganja will minimise meth use. Might have to migrate to NZ, trouble with the accent though, lol.
Yeah that meth is bad every where here to mate and we had 50 deaths from that synthetic cannabis that was legal for awhile waste of time and lives.

Well ,the girls have been on a flush for the last 9 days and the leaves are really turning yellow,buds are solid , the tricomes are cloudy so tomorrow 21st March is the harvest moon:goof: looking forward to the next phase of this journey.
It's going to be fun trimming ,drying and curing .The buds will be dried before I go on holiday for 14days but I won't be able to put them in curing jars so whats the best way to store them until I get home ???
Cheers Kev

Attachments

• 16march2019 001.JPG
    16march2019 001.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 16march2019 002.JPG
    16march2019 002.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 45
If it were me,I'd stick them in the freezer.
If you vacuum pack them,it's going to compress them and they'll look "funny".
For only 14 days,they should be fine in just a freezer bag-just suck most
of the air out before you seal them up .
Be sure you use a freezer rated food storage bag,not just a regular plastic bag.Cheap bags will let air and moisture in.

If it were me,I'd stick them in the freezer.
If you vacuum pack them,it's going to compress them and they'll look "funny".
For only 14 days,they should be fine in just a freezer bag-just suck most
of the air out before you seal them up .
Be sure you use a freezer rated food storage bag,not just a regular plastic bag.Cheap bags will let air and moisture in.
Sweet mate I have a vacuum packer ! So dry ,vacuum pack ,freeze then cure in jars when I get back ?? or is there no need to cure ??
Cheers

No,you'll still need to cure them...no real shortcuts to a good cure

And about the vacuum packing-I was saying that if you do vacuum
pack,it'll mash and compress the buds,and you'll have a "brick" of buds.(which is ok if you don't mind that)
What I meant by sucking most of the air out was just use your mouth,and suck most of the air out before you seal the bag (like a zip-lok bag)-don't suck it out till it mashes the buds,just enough so the bag's not "puffy"anymore.
For long term storage,yes,vacuum pack it-but for only 2 weeks,leaving a little air in there won't hurt.

No,you'll still need to cure them...no real shortcuts to a good cure

And about the vacuum packing-I was saying that if you do vacuum
pack,it'll mash and compress the buds,and you'll have a "brick" of buds.(which is ok if you don't mind that)
What I meant by sucking most of the air out was just use your mouth,and suck most of the air out before you seal the bag (like a zip-lok bag)-don't suck it out till it mashes the buds,just enough so the bag's not "puffy"anymore.
For long term storage,yes,vacuum pack it-but for only 2 weeks,leaving a little air in there won't hurt.
Sweet mate ,I have a soft setting on my packer so I will try that :D

You're gonna have some sticky fingers...have fun!

Well that was fun :D all buds trimmed and now on the drying rack .So I'm really happy with my first proper grow I ended up with 714 grams of bud and 105 grams of popcorn buds ,after consulting Mr Google I should end up with 10oz's
One happy chap here .
Thanks for all your input and advice.:snowboating:
now I'm going to try what I scraped off the scissors.

Attachments

• harvest 21march 001.JPG
    harvest 21march 001.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 51
  • happy day 001.JPG
    happy day 001.JPG
    681.3 KB · Views: 47
Cool!
:goodjob: I like the self portrait on the drying rack!

Back
Top Bottom