LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

Been looking though many posting harvest pics. How do you think mine are looking? They are all still drinking only water about every 3 days or so now. Bud rot keeps popping up trimmed 5 off day various plants

tempImage1mgM1N.png

tempImageCkv1mG.png

They are all still drinking only water
Any reason you're not feeding them?
Bud rot keeps popping up trimmed 5 off day various plants
When to harvest is a compromise between the rot and the ripening. If you are losing a lot to rot every day then you would harvest early. If you are just taking a few spots that won't really be missed in the end then I would let them go.

Any reason you're not feeding them?

When to harvest is a compromise between the rot and the ripening. If you are losing a lot to rot every day then you would harvest early. If you are just taking a few spots that won't really be missed in the end then I would let them go.
Ran out ...first bloom, now I'm out of Grow too, figure they won't miss it this late. The Lab is picking up my sample for testing tomorrow. They told me that if I test my weed before its dried it will test lower. After its Dried it will test higher. I never knew that before.

Ran out ...first bloom, now I'm out of Grow too, figure they won't miss it this late.
Oh gotcha.
The Lab is picking up my sample for testing tomorrow.
From what you've already harvested?
They told me that if I test my weed before its dried it will test lower. After its Dried it will test higher. I never knew that before.
That's absurd. They are supposed to dry it to an RH consistent with their testing methods, not whatever it comes in the door at. Of course it tests lower at higher humidity because it's measured against weight.

Oh gotcha.

From what you've already harvested?
Not the plant from Oct 1st. I'll give them a 5 gram cutting from a fresh plant, not yet harvested so I can see where I'm at. I figure the plant I chopped a few days ago won't be better than a fresh (unharvested ) sample anyways.

That's absurd. They are supposed to dry it to an RH consistent with their testing methods, not whatever it comes in the door at. Of course it tests lower at higher humidity because it's measured against weight.
Yes, I thought that didn't sound right? This Lab always throws in "free moisture testing" (when I told her it was not dried, she said would test hight after dried). So now I'm calling bak to make sure they are drying it to proper RH before testing. Will report back after.

Thank you, this is the information I needed.. let them go until there's a risk of loosing to bud rot, etc. If they don't get rot or other issues, then just ride the it out till they stop drinking Does that sum it all up?

It does! Taking off a little rot every day is worth waiting for them to finish. Losing entire tops is not.
Finally got through to someone who knew what they were talking about sometimes they have new people. Test answers come direct from the lab know here’s what they said. Heya Leslie! You are correct, we report your cannabinoids using the dry weight, and it is corrected for decarboxylation. It is true higher moisture can show lower THC but we correct for all of that, and you would get the same THC report no matter how moist it is when we receive your sample. 5 grams of flower is our preference to get the most accurate cannabinoid results for you. Looping in your account manager Alex Samudio on this reply, though I don't think I missed anything!

question… is there any significance to leaves Turning purple just before harvest time?

FFE5D7DA-41BE-4B09-962E-0D6AE6D1103E.jpeg
It's chlorophyll breaking down in the leaves.
Common when you get a 10 c or more drop at night.
It is perfectly alright. :thumb:
She looks lovely.
Nice work.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Yes lost a large cola there!
I know the feeling all too well - I was devastated when I lost an entire massive cola this grow. There could be more so I’d thin out leaves to get more air flow in areas that are dense. Hang in there!

I wet trimmed last last year. My harvest smelled like hay after hanging for about week in the dry room. I was told the smell would come back after several months of curing in jars. That was 12 months ago and it still smells like hay. I never got the nice skunk smell back. I would like to know why. Did it dry too fast? Th plant I cut on Oct 1st is drying now for 6 7 days. it also smells like hay. What am I doing wrong? is it the bud wash that's doing this?

Back
Top Bottom