LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

LKV

Hi Weed lovers!
I came to this forum in 2021 to get mentoring. I was very blessed by 420's @InTheShed (who was extremely kind and patient with me) I completed my first grow and and enjoying last years harvest so much, I'm doing it again, but this time i'm growing all ladies!

So, for this year I have sprouted seeds using the paper towel method. (Had 2 seeds that didn't make it).
Now I have 3 plants that have spouted and been growing nicely for a few weeks, and one more about to sprout YIPPIE!

3 plants from Royal Queen Seeds (feminized) **planted April 17th:
-1 hulk berry THC 28% - CBD 0 to 1% genetics: OG Kush (Ghost OG phenotype) x Strawberry Diesel *** mostly SATIVA
-2 fat banana THC 25% -CBD 0 to 1%genetics: OG Kush x Chiquita Banana ****Indica / Sativa

late start ...1 auto flower Feminized from FAST BUDZ CBD
-1 Mimosa Cake auto (still waiting for seed to sprout this week if all goes well) THC 24% CBD-1% and flowering time 9 weeks YAY!!!!!!!

I'm using Forest ocean soil (FOX FARM)
Flora nova and Flora bloom for nutrients like i did last year I'm not sure about Floralicious plus want to look into it??
Photos below are 1 Hulkberry and 2 Fat banana's and one photo of the poor little sprout who's cotyledons never grew poor baby!

first pic never grew her leaves, I picked the shell off too soon but her sisters are looking great!

tempImagev062OV.png

tempImageSdAGOl.png

first pic never grew her leaves, I picked the shell off too soon but her sisters are looking great!

tempImagev062OV.png

tempImageSdAGOl.png
Hey :ciao: found it.:cheer:

Stay safe
Bill

Please do! Delighted to have ya along my journey! Yeah outdoors here in Northern California is the best for home grows! What ya growing?
Southern California here! North La country/south kern. Actually on the kern side.

And sweet! Nice to be apart of your circle!!! I’ll be creating my outdoor journal later today. I have 7 outside right now, and that’s just a piece of the pie lol.

I got all my seed from coffee shop seeds also for this years grow
They sponsored a piece of my grow!! My 2x2 and 3 plots outside. They’re awesome people over there!!!! Great choice as well. Internationally sent me my beans and got to me in 2 weeks. No problems. So they have they’re shit in order. I’ll be running their genetics outdoor along with the others. Their blue dream will be a center piece for my mom. And their Girl Scout cookies for my wife.

They sponsored a piece of my grow!! My 2x2 and 3 plots outside. They’re awesome people over there!!!! Great choice as well. Internationally sent me my beans and got to me in 2 weeks. No problems. So they have they’re shit in order. I’ll be running their genetics outdoor along with the others. Their blue dream will be a center piece for my mom. And their Girl Scout cookies for my wife.
Wow that’s so cool that they’re sponsoring your grow do you have a journal going I could follow?

Howdy LKV and welcome back! I'll follow along here to watch you grow big plants like last summer. :thumb:
Shed, Can you advise on my transplanting this year? Last year went from the shallow little potting trays
Howdy LKV and welcome back! I'll follow along here to watch you grow big plants like last summer. :thumb:
@InTheShed Last year I went from the seedling containers to what i think are 1 gall pots then to the big ones so 3 transplants. I want to make sure i'm getting the most out of my grow this year and my plants get what they need. Now that the second set of leaves are up I'll start adding the Flora nova nutes as you suggested. Can you give me some advice on transplanting protocols? I was going to do same thing as last year (minus the ceramic pot fiasco.) but remember someone saying i should just transfer to a huge put to start out with an i would get a better grow? see pots in 1st photo

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.44.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.44.51 AM.png

I would not recommend going from the starter trays to your final pots, and I might even suggest another size between the 1 gallon pots and the final!

Definitely go to the 1 gallon next but don't soak the soil after transplant. Water the original soil and another inch around the outside. It will take a while for the roots to grow into the new size and you don't want to have a waterlogged pot in the meantime.

I would not recommend going from the starter trays to your final pots, and I might even suggest another size between the 1 gallon pots and the final!

Definitely go to the 1 gallon next but don't soak the soil after transplant. Water the original soil and another inch around the outside. It will take a while for the roots to grow into the new size and you don't want to have a waterlogged pot in the meantime.
Thanks! Will do! when Should I do the first transfer?

Since i lost a seedling..I decided to try to sprout an auto flower this time. Got her in the soil and she's with her big sisters now❤️ I figured that it wont take as long to grow so a late start will be ok. Hope i got it deep enough!
Is that the seed in the center? Bury it under ½" of soil and don't add any more water. Seems wet enough for now.
Thanks! Will do! when Should I do the first transfer?
I transplant when the sprouts need water every other day or so.

Thought my ladies should move to their next 1 gallon homes today so 2 of them are now replanted. Roots look good! I moistened the soil in the new pot first then added the dry plant to the little hole i prepared. Also added some more soil to the seedling thats still growing :) I would really appreciate advise on careful watering so these ladies grow big and strong. I feel like I stunted growth last year for my seedlings by not transplanting them soon enough and some over watering. I hope I got this right and i didn't transplant too soon. As I now understand, best to water from the outside edge of the pot to the boundary of where the end of the leaves are and not too close to the root for new plantings, as that will help the roots reach out to the moist soil looking for moisture. Seems watering and handling them properly at this critical time of their growth is so important to get right, RIGHT? Gee they look tiny in these pots!

tempImage6HMi7K.png

tempImageEVMYdw.png

Back
Top Bottom