LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

Hmm I don’t think hydrogen peroxide would be any safer that lemon juice
I recently harvested several plants and left a few colas to hang dry - no wash no fridge. Just to see the difference. Those buds are now completely dry and in jars (they smell pretty good!). The washed and fridge dried buds are still in the fridge for another few days. I'll post if I see a noticeable difference in aroma / taste quality.

I recently harvested several plants and left a few colas to hang dry - no wash no fridge. Just to see the difference. Those buds are now completely dry and in jars (they smell pretty good!). The washed and fridge dried buds are still in the fridge for another few days. I'll post if I see a noticeable difference in aroma / taste quality.
Same!! I cut one with plain water rise and they smell so good..

Well today’s the day for this little plant it’s got a lot of purple on it and I waited as long as I could it finally stop drinking I only found a few coolers with bud rot so far but I’ll continue to check as I go through my wet trim

553222F6-7D15-4345-AA7C-9396806D47D7.jpeg

469E30B7-AACD-4FFD-A99E-836803D8C93F.jpeg

331302D9-CDF1-4C91-865D-73716B942528.jpeg

Well today’s the day for this little plant it’s got a lot of purple on it and I waited as long as I could it finally stop drinking I only found a few coolers with bud rot so far but I’ll continue to check as I go through my wet trim

553222F6-7D15-4345-AA7C-9396806D47D7.jpeg

469E30B7-AACD-4FFD-A99E-836803D8C93F.jpeg

331302D9-CDF1-4C91-865D-73716B942528.jpeg
Beautiful. :thumb:
Love purple strains. ;)
Good luck with the trim.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Question for my early harvested plant that had 10% THC How can I get the most out of it?
Is it worth making butter?
Should I use ethanol to make FECO?

If you can get your hands on ethanol, QWET would be the way to maximize the THC. Anything else will make it even weaker.

Great thread on QWET:

If you can get your hands on ethanol, QWET would be the way to maximize the THC. Anything else will make it even weaker.

Great thread on QWET:

Great thread on QWET:
I've been making feco for a while, I was taught that it will be stronger if you decarb the weed first and let the weed sit in a dark closet with the Ethanol for a few weeks. * Is this True?**
I tried Qwet once before and I didn't think it was as strong as letting it sit in the closet.
I understand about the choloryphyl issue, but since I grew my own and washed it I can't see why I would need to eliminate the chlorophyl out. Grandpa isn't decrying?

Jeff Ditchfeild (author of the Medical Cannibis guide) has a You tube vid on making medical cannibis oil and he's says to decarb it.
I also use a water distiller and magnetic hotplate stirrer instead of the hot plate method as its safe also.

Nothing wrong with chlorphyll (washed or not doesn't matter) except the flavor.

Decarbing can be done before or after (for making FECO or edibles...dabbing will decarb it with the flame), but decarbing before will leave you with a toasted weed flavor where decarbing the rosin won't because there's no plant material.

Completely personal preference.

I've been making feco for a while, I was taught that it will be stronger if you decarb the weed first and let the weed sit in a dark closet with the Ethanol for a few weeks. * Is this True?**
I tried Qwet once before and I didn't think it was as strong as letting it sit in the closet.
I understand about the choloryphyl issue, but since I grew my own and washed it I can't see why I would need to eliminate the chlorophyl out. Grandpa isn't decrying?

Jeff Ditchfeild (author of the Medical Cannibis guide) has a You tube vid on making medical cannibis oil and he's says to decarb it.
I also use a water distiller and magnetic hotplate stirrer instead of the hot plate method as its safe also.
Nothing wrong with chlorphyll (washed or not doesn't matter) except the flavor.

Decarbing can be done before or after for making FECO or edibles (dabbing will decarb it with the flame), but decarbing before will leave you with a toasted weed flavor where decarbing the rosin won't because there's no plant material.

Completely personal preference.
Q... If let the weed sit in a dark closet with the Ethanol for a few weeks. with it be stronger?
Q... concerned that it could be getting over heated if you Decarb first as My distiller heats the alcohol up over 212F. and then heated a 3rd time with magnetic hotplate. and Agin when making gummies. Could I be burning out the THC if I decarb first then heat twice more with these methods then again with the gummies?
Q Does weed and ethanol really need to be frozen first if I let it still in the closet ? I'm very curious about letting it sit in the closet if you could please elaborate on the pros and cons of this?

If let the weed sit in a dark closet with the Ethanol for a few weeks. with it be stronger?
No, once the trichomes are dissolved into the ethanol, that's it. However long that takes, adding more time has no effect.
concerned that it could be getting over heated if you Decarb first
Decarb is done at 240ºF so anything below that won't make a difference, before or after.
My distiller heats the alcohol up over 212F
You should be setting the thermostat for 170ºF to reclaim ethanol. If you do it at 212º you will also get the water as well as the ethanol. That's probably okay unless you want to purify the ethanol further.
Does weed and ethanol really need to be frozen first if I let it still in the closet ? I'm very curious about letting it sit in the closet if you could please elaborate on the pros and cons of this?
Freezing everything first is an additional step to keep the plant matter and chlorophyll out. If you're going to leave it in a closet for a week it's completely unnecessary.

No, once the trichomes are dissolved into the ethanol, that's it. However long that takes, adding more time has no effect.

Decarb is done at 240ºF so anything below that won't make a difference, before or after.

You should be setting the thermostat for 170ºF to reclaim ethanol. If you do it at 212º you will also get the water as well as the ethanol. That's probably okay unless you want to purify the ethanol further.

Freezing evertyhing first is an additional step to keep the plant matter and chlorophyll out. If you're going to leave it in a closet for a week it's completely unnecessary.
Most water distillers do no have a temp setting, the temp keeps increasing until the water evaporates

Great thread on QWET:
Making infused coconut oil with oil would make it weaker?

You said making it with any thing else would make it weaker? Any thing other than making Feco? Not good enough for butter?

Back
Top Bottom