LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

1666471507808.gif

When you smoke the stuff you actually grew and it’s good!!!

Yep that’s right !! I’m thrilled to say that I finally smoked some of my plants I cut around 11 October. I was terrified after getting the bad test result on the first plant that I had to cut early in September but these plants that I waited on were very sticky and came out really good and got me very high so what more is there to say! IDID it! I actually grew weed a strong enough to smoke and I don’t have to just cook with it yeah!

1666471507808.gif

When you smoke the stuff you actually grew and it’s good!!!

Yep that’s right !! I’m thrilled to say that I finally smoked some of my plants I cut around 11 October. I was terrified after getting the bad test result on the first plant that I had to cut early in September but these plants that I waited on were very sticky and came out really good and got me very high so what more is there to say! IDID it! I actually grew weed a strong enough to smoke and I don’t have to just cook with it yeah!
I'm with ya!

I just smoked a bud that I pulled off a week before harvest (September 28th). Dried in fridge in about 7 days and has been in a jar for about two weeks. Not quite "tasty" yet but not bad flavor. Totally digging the high.
The best part? I grew it.

@InTheShed .
Hey there I still have FIVE 64 oz mason jars of bud left from last years grow. Still holding at 62RH, They are officially one year old. How long before they loose their THC?

*****BONUS Saw This posted on another site though it was cool so I'm sharing.
(Almost as as cool as your cardboard box for drying) He made his own dry closet chest! ....:lot-o-toke::cool::hookah:BRUH!!!

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 7.55.33 AM.png

It must be nice to have free space for that drying cabinet! I'm running out of room just for jars. :)
Hey there I still have FIVE 64 oz mason jars of bud left from last years grow. Still holding at 62RH, They are officially one year old. How long before they loose their THC?
They've been losing their THC a little bit every day since you jarred them, as time will degrade the THC to CBN (the couchlock cannabinoid), as will heat and light.

If you want to know if they're still good, light up a bowl or a joint and see what you think. I've got jars that are 3 years old and no one complains.

If you have high standards and those flowers no longer are good enough, you can make dry ice hash from them and just end up with the trichomes. That will be stronger as it's pretty close to straight cannabinoids (whatever they are at that point). You can add the hash to joints or top off the bowl with them for extra kick to whatever you're smoking, or add it to edibles to make them stronger.

It must be nice to have free space for that drying cabinet! I'm running out of room just for jars. :)

They've been losing their THC a little bit every day since you jarred them, as time will degrade the THC to CBN (the couchlock cannabinoid), as will heat and light.

If you want to know if they're still good, light up a bowl or a joint and see what you think. I've got jars that are 3 years old and no one complains.

If you have high standards and those flowers no longer are good enough, you can make dry ice hash from them and just end up with the trichomes. That will be stronger as it's pretty close to straight cannabinoids (whatever they are at that point). You can add the hash to joints or top off the bowl with them for extra kick to whatever you're smoking, or add it to edibles to make them stronger.
how hard is it to make dry hash? Is that like rubbing the buds on a a screen?

Less degradation at freezing temps I'd say. If you're finding yourself falling behind you could grow fewer plants next year once you have an idea of your annual consumption!
Indeed! So I watched the vid and it looks pretty easy! Do you bother with the second and 3rd screening? Whoo hoo this should be fun. Have you tried this Shed. how much ice to weed would you recommend?

I did a quick run but ran out of time to do more than jar. I got my bags off Amazon (they're called bubble bags because folks use them for bubble ice hash, which I found way too complicated), and you can get a cheaper brand since you won't be pounding them with a mixer in ice water.

I think the least dry ice I could buy was 10lbs. I'm not sure how many jars that would be but it's not pricey so you could buy extra and just let it evaporate ()or make ice cream) if you don't need it.

In terms of 2nd or 3rd passes, give it a go the first time, but keep the runs separate so you can sample the difference and see if you want to do that every time.

Remember that once it gets green you're getting flower rather than trichomes.

I did a quick run but ran out of time to do more than jar. I got my bags off Amazon (they're called bubble bags because folks use them for bubble ice hash, which I found way too complicated), and you can get a cheaper brand since you won't be pounding them with a mixer in ice water.

I think the least dry ice I could buy was 10lbs. I'm not sure how many jars that would be but it's not pricey so you could buy extra and just let it evaporate ()or make ice cream) if you don't need it.

In terms of 2nd or 3rd passes, give it a go the first time, but keep the runs separate so you can sample the difference and see if you want to do that every time.

Remember that once it gets green you're getting flower rather than trichomes.
"Remember that once it gets green you're getting flower rather than trichomes.--you mean the hash should be gold not green yes? any idea on the ratio of weed to ice?

For the record, here's the info on slurry testing, and it requires distilled water to work, and this is how to do it:

• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)

• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.

• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. After an hour put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.
Like feeding the mother for sourdough bread. I'm at it today. Soil ph that is.

Back
Top Bottom