Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

I dunno much about the EZclone, i just use rockwool, but soon ill be starting from seed (i hope). if you are gonna go to oaksterdam like you plan, they will teach you all of your options im sure. first rule of growing plants: patience.

i was thinking about a journal, but im not sure. . . a little wary of posting pics as i do not have the fortune of living in a medical mary jane state. we'll see what Obama does. . .hopefully fed laws will go away sometime. i know im dreaming but till then ill just enjoy the hugely inflated prices thanks to uncle sam.

actually thinking about uncle sam, umm. . . my grow room is all in my head, yeah, its just a thought experiment. and anything i talk about from here on out is just made up for fun.

eh- WTF, you only live once.
2009-03-25-153042.jpg

2009-03-25-152946.jpg

2009-03-25-153004.jpg

i was thinking about a journal, but im not sure. . . a little wary of posting pics as i do not have the fortune of living in a medical mary jane state. we'll see what Obama does. . .hopefully fed laws will go away sometime. i know im dreaming but till then ill just enjoy the hugely inflated prices thanks to uncle sam.

actually thinking about uncle sam, umm. . . my grow room is all in my head, yeah, its just a thought experiment. and anything i talk about from here on out is just made up for fun.

I hear you brotha. But I think there are proxies you can use so uncle sam cant trace your IP address, location and identity. I plan on looking into that before I post pics once I start growing too. I'm sure there's something about it in this forum somewhere. If I stumble across that I'll let you know, please do the same if you get it figured out too. I also thought about just doing all my posts from an internet cafe or coffee shop in the city.

oh well there ya go, your girls are looking gorgeous! Will you post some pics every week or so so we can see them progress? I'm particularly interested in yield and quality, of course.

Maximus & Short Round, do either of you guys use a cloning machine like the EZCloner or a something like it? I need to figure out this cloning/vegging/timing thing. Yeah I could probably find out at Oaksterdam, but I like a variety of opinions and I'm not sure I'll meet any rotary growers at the seminar. Theory and real life experience are two entirely different things too. Thanks in advance!

growing in a wheel uses all the same basic principals as any other method. cloning is cloning is cloning, in a wheel or not, you know what i mean? besides there is nothing that replaces experience. . . Oaksterdam will teach you everything you need to know to grow any type of system.

Yeah it's all the same art/skill and I'll get a great basic knowledge of all systems. But I keep hearing how unforgiving rotary growing is so I want to make sure I have a good start by timing the cloning, transplanting to rockwool, vegging and then putting them into the VG the best possible way so I dont over grow or under grow vertically. Of course I want to maximize the buds too!

Also, does anyone have opinions on how to best introduce CO2 to a VG or rotary system? Thats a subject I know nothing about.

Why not just ask them in the public forums so others can benefit too?

Wow, lots happening in here.

Yes I would like to keep all this rotary garden Q&A/sharing in the public eye.

Welcome WheeloFortune, nice to see another VG in here. No problem with you posting pics in this thread, feel free.:smokin::popcorn:

Hard to say if there is any change with the extra 400 watt without a control garden to compare.

I dont see any need for a cloning unit really, just the propagation mats with a humidome, heating pad, and shop lite with daylight bulbs, and you are good to go.

I like to get the little ones in the wheel as early as possible, so when I see good roots at the bottom of the cube then I turn em loose on VG. The usually have better structure if they get to veg in the wheel.

Cheers Maxx

I agree w Max. I go the simple route. Just snip, dip in rooting hormone stick them in rockwool cubes that have been soaking for 24 hours in ro water. Then make sure the cubes stay moist and you will have roots in two to three weeks. The good things about this method is that it is cheap. Also if heat is an issue where you are the EZ cloner promotes root rot. Not so w the rockwool.

Thanks again guys! I would be very happy to go the cheap route after buying a VG, an 8x8 darkroom, fans, filters and everything else I will need! OK let me ask you a stupid question since I've never worked with rockwool, what size of rockwool do you put the clippings in for 2-3 weeks before putting into the VG? 3 inch cubes? Or do you do something like a 1 inch cube, then 3 inch, then VB?

yes 1 inch, till you see roots (2-3 weeks), then into the 3 inch and into the wheel right away.

Maxx, how dry do your cubes get before the next water cycle? mine don't get dry dry, should i try feeding them every other day instead of every day?

How wet can the rockwool stay inbetween waterings? if it doesn't mostly dry out am i risking root rot? I'm not used to the rockwool yet as i have never grown in this medium. I have grown DWC, ebb n flow with hydroton, and dirt in the past.

yes 1 inch, till you see roots (2-3 weeks), then into the 3 inch and into the wheel right away.

Maxx, how dry do your cubes get before the next water cycle? mine don't get dry dry, should i try feeding them every other day instead of every day?

How wet can the rockwool stay inbetween waterings? if it doesn't mostly dry out am i risking root rot? I'm not used to the rockwool yet as i have never grown in this medium. I have grown DWC, ebb n flow with hydroton, and dirt in the past.

When they are quite small in the beginning you can go a couple of days, just make sure you feel the weight of the cube. Just loosen one cube enough to know the weight. A 3 inch cube full of water weighs about 6 ounces and a dry one weighs almost nothing so its easy to tell.

Only water deep enough to cover 1.4 inch or so or the cube and let the capillary action of the rockwool take up the water that it will and is all you need.

When your plants get about double or so the size they are now you may want to put them on a daily watering.

Cheers,
Maxx

Can a clone machine like the EZClone reduce the 2-3 week root/veg time needed before loading them in the VG?

jeff, my suggestion is to find a member that has used one in another journal and ask him. if you can get them to root faster, you can get them in faster, but i don't think anyone of the VG growers here uses one. I have a friend that used one before. he didn't like it. i think the motor made the res too hot. it was a small one. but someone here might know better than me.

Thanks, I'll take your advice, why fuck around if I can have excellent results keeping it cheap and simple, at least at first anyway. I'm just a little concerned about plant count getting over 100 and putting my freedom at risk. I know you put 65-70 in the VG, but I would prefer to have the babies ready to go a day or so after harvests, that would give me an extra run or two a year and put me at much higher risk for 2-3 weeks each cycle. I'll be probing the legal people at Oaksterdam about this for sure!

Wish I had the balls to put 3 or 4 of these in a bedroom...

Back
Top Bottom