Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

What about getting enough fresh air? would you need to seal the window with a board and cut a whole to attach an air intake? and where would you pipe the used (coal filtered) air out, just into the apartment?

You're an absolute rockstar for sharing you're time and knowledge, I know everyone here appreciates it!

If you are knocking the smell down with a can filter then you don`t have to worry about what you do with the air imo. A grow tent should have venting for air exchange in the tent, plus venting for air-cooling your lighting, and if you are lucky one more for an air-con unit. Depending on your local you can have your windows open so exchange and humidity are not an issue, or you may need to run a dehumidifier. If you are lucky you may have a handy way to exhaust your heat/room, if not you may to get creative. It`s not a problem for me to have my window open so I am lucky.

Cheers,
Maxx

Maxximus, what do you do for water? Tap? Filtered? How much water does a system like this use?

Also, how many mothers do you need to feed the VG 60 plants at the same time? Do you know how long it takes for a clone to grow into a mother plant that can produce that much? Just trying to get an idea of how big of an area you need for mothers and clones to run 1 or 2 of these and how many mothers it takes to feed one.

How much cut in yield do you think there would be if you ran around 48 plants?

Thanks again!

Goodmorning Max.

i would like to ask you a few questions which I can not obtain from the dealer in Orange county for the Volksgarden.

1. how many row of cub slots are there in side the cylinder?
2. how many cubes per row can be fited?
3. for a 3'' cube, how far it is from the top of the cube to the "light housingglasstube?
4. when cylinder rotate, i believe clockwise, how long does the bottom row which contact with the "water/nutrition" tray stay there so it can soak the "water & nutrien"?
5. when it rotate again, where does the water which drip from the previous cubes go to???
6. back to question #3 -- is that mean the plans can not be taller or bigger than they are when they are touching the "light glass tube"?
Or plants can be tie or bend dwon or wrap aound to get "taller & bigger" such as horizontal growing?
7. as you said less amount of plans or cubes per row will give more room and bigger plant?
8. how long does the flower stage last?
9. is that possible for you to give me nutrition formula and brand name and the amount to feed and mix this nutriens for Veg and flower stages?

thank you so much, regarless if you can or can not advise.

If there is a shipping terminal in Bakersfield and there ought to be with its size, Omega Garden can ship it there and you can pick it up and pay no tx. you can pick it up from the shipping companies terminal same as how I got mine. you don't have to go to a hydro store if you dont want to.

Omega is on the west coast I believe.

Cheers,
Maxx

Maxximus, what do you do for water? Tap? Filtered? How much water does a system like this use?

Also, how many mothers do you need to feed the VG 60 plants at the same time? Do you know how long it takes for a clone to grow into a mother plant that can produce that much? Just trying to get an idea of how big of an area you need for mothers and clones to run 1 or 2 of these and how many mothers it takes to feed one.

How much cut in yield do you think there would be if you ran around 48 plants?

Thanks again!

I use tap water because it is free and easy to get to.

I have a 25 gallon resevoir that I fill with 20 gallons of water.

As far as mother plants go - two plants are enough to fill the
system. Give them 2 months of veg time. Two moms will fit in a
closet or a cheap rubber made cabinet at home depot. Get sum t5
flourescent lights. They are cheaper to run and aren't very hot.

As for taking clones - I usually do two runs. 4 weeks from harvest
I take about 35 clones. 10 days later I take 30 more. you want to
put at least 60 plants in there.

Cheers,
Maxx

Goodmorning Max.

i would like to ask you a few questions which I can not obtain from the dealer in Orange county for the Volksgarden.

kinda lame that they dont know some of this stuff if they are selling them

1. how many row of cub slots are there in side the cylinder?

16 slots
2. how many cubes per row can be fited?

5 max
3. for a 3'' cube, how far it is from the top of the cube to the "light housingglasstube?
18 inches
4. when cylinder rotate, i believe clockwise, how long does the bottom row which contact with the "water/nutrition" tray stay there so it can soak the "water & nutrien"?
Depends which side you are looking at it as to clockwise or counter. short time like 2 or 3 mins and only water .25 inches deep in the cube and let the RWs capillary action do the rest
5. when it rotate again, where does the water which drip from the previous cubes go to???
if you only water to .25 inch deep it will not drip past about 80 degrees on the back side of the up swing.
6. back to question #3 -- is that mean the plans can not be taller or bigger than they are when they are touching the "light glass tube"?
Or plants can be tie or bend dwon or wrap aound to get "taller & bigger" such as horizontal growing?
you can tie the plants back and train them but ideally i believe that the best yield will be to grow 60 center colas that stop about 8 inches or so from the glass, without topping or much else.
7. as you said less amount of plans or cubes per row will give more room and bigger plant?
Depends on how your plant grows as to the best way to grow it in the garden. so far im on the third grow with the third strain and all 3 are somewhat different.
8. how long does the flower stage last?
This also depends on your strain but i have been working with 7 weeks flowering strains and they are maturing a bit faster in the VG then usual.
9. is that possible for you to give me nutrition formula and brand name and the amount to feed and mix this nutriens for Veg and flower stages?
If you look back through this post I think I have done that already.

Cheers,
Maxx

Maxximus,

I understand they sell clones in cali for about $20. Do you know if they sell mother plants in cali? If so, how much are they? Someone told me today that you can't take a clone and grow it into a mother plant because the genetics start to go bad after a generation, do you know if that's true? How's the seed selection in cali?

Maxximus,

I understand they sell clones in cali for about $20. Do you know if they sell mother plants in cali? If so, how much are they? Someone told me today that you can't take a clone and grow it into a mother plant because the genetics start to go bad after a generation, do you know if that's true? How's the seed selection in cali?

You can turn clones into mother plants. The genetics start to weaken a little after about two years if you keep taking clones from the same mom. They do sell mothers here but they are clones grown out, same thing you can do for cheaper. There are some places that have seeds. Most places don't carry them because clones are much faster and are verified females. Some seeds are good but most seeds that you can get through the mail are nothing compared to the genetics we have here in immediate clone form. All of those dutch strains are northern lights, skunk, hybrids. They try to achieve the genetics we have here but they usually fail. For example - take "the hog" in seed form it is half hogsbreath and half something else since
hogsbreath is clone only. Here we have the actual hogsbreath. They have the diluted version - we have the real deal - it originated in San Diego anyway.

Cheers,
Maxx

you can have a mother plant from a clone in a month and a half. A seed will take about 3 months. Theoretically, seeds are supposed to make more vigerous moms, however it will be hard to tell the difference btwn 60 clones from one or 60 from another.

Also I would take an SFV OG mom from clone over any seed of any kind from any company anywhere. There are a bunch of clone strains in So Cal that are superior to any seed. Why do you think they call them ELITE?

Thanks again guys! I'll be in the bay area, can I assume I will have access to these so called "elite" clones there too? What strain would be best for the VG that I can get in the bay area? Also, does the market price vary much by strain? Where can I find information regarding the prices dispensaries and brokers are paying growers? $3000/lb?

Also, also, how much is a mother plant anyway? And what kind of hydro system and medium do you use for your mothers?

Sorry for so many questions!!!

Hello

Thank so much for the info and coaching me. I would not buying this machine if you are not here to help. It is priceless to me for what you have been teaching and giving out info in details.

I visited the shop in Orange county california the only retail in souther california have the Volksgarden on DEMO and In-stock.

I got to make a deal with them they offer me $1890.00 including cal tax in orange county 8%.

so i kock out almost $350.00 and can pick up the system at the store, so I put a $100.00 deposit on it and will pick up the VG sometime next week.

I also fastinate about the water-cooler with the chiller to cool down a 1000wat HPS which i can touch the glass with out feeling the heat from the 100 watts light. this also help to increase the yeild for better buds as plats top can be so close to the light source with out burning the plants.

the whole system called water-cooler about 800 for a 1/10 hps or $1600.00 for a 1/4 hPs.

I will save money after a few havest so i can buy the water-cooler

thank again Max. for sharing this.

thanks
16 slots

5 max

18 inches

Depends which side you are looking at it as to clockwise or counter. short time like 2 or 3 mins and only water .25 inches deep in the cube and let the RWs capillary action do the rest

if you only water to .25 inch deep it will not drip past about 80 degrees on the back side of the up swing.

you can tie the plants back and train them but ideally i believe that the best yield will be to grow 60 center colas that stop about 8 inches or so from the glass, without topping or much else.

Depends on how your plant grows as to the best way to grow it in the garden. so far im on the third grow with the third strain and all 3 are somewhat different.

This also depends on your strain but i have been working with 7 weeks flowering strains and they are maturing a bit faster in the VG then usual.

If you look back through this post I think I have done that already.

Cheers,
Maxx

I have experimented with water-cooled lighting, and it is the ultimate way to deal with heat, but it also is much more complicated then air-cooled and as you are posting is as costly as the VG system that you are looking buying. For me and just operating one system I don't think I would be going there. I will be fascinated to see someone doing a grow with that coupling of technologies.

Cheers,
Maxx

round_3week2_4.jpg

So I talked to a breeder and it turns out there is a reason the
plants have been getting too tall. Instead of Hogsbreath I was
given sour hog. Which is hogsbreath times sour diesel. While SD
is a high yielder it also gets tall. So I had to tie down some
more of the plants and I had to give them bushmaster. Bushmaster
freezes vertical growth for about two weeks. Bt it weakens the
leaves so some of them have turned yellow on the plants closest to
the bulb. Hopefully there will be no more growth and the buds will
just get fatter.

I am obviously switching strains for the next run. I have already
taken 30 clones of the afghani skunk.

Cheers,
Maxx

round_3week2_2.jpg

round_3week2.jpg

first_day_114-1.jpg

InxsO_t.jpg

It's looking good Maxximus! So were my questions to personal or controversial?

Thanks again guys! I'll be in the bay area, can I assume I will have access to these so called "elite" clones there too? What strain would be best for the VG that I can get in the bay area? Also, does the market price vary much by strain? Where can I find information regarding the prices dispensaries and brokers are paying growers? $3000/lb?

Also, also, how much is a mother plant anyway? And what kind of hydro system and medium do you use for your mothers?

Sorry for so many questions!!!

At this point you are asking me questions that I am trying to answer for myself like what are the best strain to run in a Volksagarden.

I am not an expert on prices by area/strain

Cheers,
Maxx

Sorry Maxximus, I thought that how you manage the mother plant piece of the puzzle for feeding such a high number of clones into the VG was very relevant to the VG. Finding the right clone strain is also very important to any success with a VG. Isn't that why we're all here, to learn and share about using the VG?

As for prices... I was just looking for some general information and hopefully a nudge in the right direction, certainly wasn't expecting you to be a regional expert or anything. And I swear I heard you claim, that the VG grows better buds because they are grown upside down and that you sold some of your first round to a top LA dispensary and it went up on the "top shelf"?

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate you sharing your grow with us and taking the time to answer our questions about it. When I get back from my trip to the Bay to go to the Oaksterdam class and complete my extensive research about rotary growing (including market info and laws), I'll be sharing that info with you and anyone else that wants to learn. But I'm just cool like that;)

Peace

As a vg grower let me help you out.

Strains - La Confidential, LA Woman, Purple Kush, Strawberry Cough(though it has haze genetics so veg it shorter), G - 13, Hash Plant, Afghani. You are looking for a short indica that takes 8 weeks. Go buy a Cannabible, by Jason King and start getting to know your strains.

The price of meds is higher in LA. Start going to your local Oakland clubs, get to know the people working there, show up consistently for a few weeks and buy some meds. Mention that you have a crop going. Tell them the strain, usually they will ask you how much of it will you have and what are you going to do with it. Take it from there.

For most places the order of price is - OG, Elites(Chem dawg, Head Band, Sour D, G-13, etc), kushes, Hazes, purples. They tend to look at the meds more than actually smoking it. They look for - Frostiness, density, color, smell.

Good luck. Buy some books and do some research. It is fun. The best book you can buy is Jorge Cervantes Medical Growers Bible.

Oh yes, as to your Mother and clone question - Soil is just fine. Use some flourescents (T5) and keep a couple of mothers in soil in 3 - 5 gallon pots. You can use coco if you want but soil is pretty simple. I use Fox Farm soil, the ocean forest blend.

Max is obviously busy. But I have a lot of free time. I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for my next harvest. I sit here making money doing nothing, yawn...

Thank you Short Round! Very helpful, I'm sure I'll refer (or reefer;) back to it several times in the future!

Do you have a grow journal for your VG? Do you know of any other good journals or web resources for VG or rotary growing? I'm curious to know how the VG preforms with 48 plants. I would like to eventually have two VGs going and stay under the federal 100 plant mandatory time law.

I'm sure could pick your brain for days!!!

Back
Top Bottom