Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

No offense taken. Plant number limits are imho not the best way to achieve the kind of limits the rules are supposed to address. What if you had 6 monster plants and 20 x 1,000 watt lamps for them? I don't think these rules were well thought out. It would make much more sense to me to limit the wattage if your dealing with indoor growing anyway.

So far the veg time for these grows has only been a few days, though if I was limiting the numbers I would grow the veg longer and spread the growth out. Maybe someone will try that. 6 plants would pushing the low side for sure but it would be an interesting experiment.

Cheers,
Maxx

Shit, six would be a waste of time in that thing... and our law is 3 in veg and 3 in flower and for the icing on the cake, only 2 z's of usable meds.... I am going to dream about that wheel of meds you have going there... :peace:

i'm already 100% past my limit on ladiez and yieldz. 60 vs my current is the same plus it looks like the funnest way to grow ever. i wonder if you speed it up will the centrifugal force make the buds denser. V8 maybe! my closet will get a precise measuring when ladiez get up. does it stay spinning 24/7 and the lights run 12/12, if so custom tent option maybe? whats something like that costin these days?

:nicethread: i'm in with binoculars on!!! cool grow +rep

i'm already 100% past my limit on ladiez and yieldz. 60 vs my current is the same plus it looks like the funnest way to grow ever. i wonder if you speed it up will the centrifugal force make the buds denser. V8 maybe! my closet will get a precise measuring when ladiez get up. does it stay spinning 24/7 and the lights run 12/12, if so custom tent option maybe? whats something like that costin these days?

:nicethread: i'm in with binoculars on!!! cool grow +rep

Howdy nbk380,

If you have the right strain in it the slow rotation makes the buds denser, as I described earlier.
"However - the same strain in the volksgarden - perfect. It went from fluffy hazy in the DWC to OG Kush like density in the wheel. same exact plant. Hard nugs that were exactly what I wanted. Let's put it this way the collective I took it to (and it is the best collective in LA, ie the world) took one look at it and put it on it's top shelf because it was so frosty."

I have no idea what a faster rotation would do.

Yes it never stops rotating, and it takes about 45 minutes to make a full turn.

Cost 2K and you add the light. I am running with a 600 watt.

It is in a grow tent. It's called the Darkroom. I got the 5x5 for 330$. It works great. The volks fits in there very easily with some room to spare. The rest of the equipment is an extractor fan with a carbon filter and the ducting connected to the volksgarden light is to keep it cool. The grow tent works well because it is very easy to set up and take down and all the ventilation holes are already cut into it. I cant think of any other styles of growing that can fit into a 5x5 that can yield 1-3 pounds using a 600hps. That's what makes the volks so awesome.

Cheers,
Maxx

Shit, six would be a waste of time in that thing... and our law is 3 in veg and 3 in flower and for the icing on the cake, only 2 z's of usable meds.... I am going to dream about that wheel of meds you have going there... :peace:

Wow that is very restrictive regs. 2 oz's....that sucks

OK here we go for round #3

I am running 54 hogsbreath (Hindu Kush x Afghani landrace), 8 Mazar
(Afghani x Skunk #1) and two Blackberry. These clones are taken
from mothers that were made from clones purchased at the local
dispenseries. (Isn't Cali grrrrreat?!)

The blackberry and Mazar are for my personal headstash and I am
running the Mazar next. I like to have a preview of what I am
going to be dealing with. for example in my last blackberry run I
put one Hogsbreath in to see the growth pattern etc. I learned how
fast and tall it grows. So I estimated that 6 days veg would be
just right and so far it looks like I was correct. I also learned
that it was more nute sensitive than the Blackberry Kush.

For the first 6 days I used CNS 17 veg formula and I ran CO2 on for
one hour and off for one hour for 24 hours. (I am a firm believer
in 24 hour veg light, why waste time?) I am using a 25 gallon res
and I fill it with 20 gallons of tap water. I used 330 mls of CNS
for veg.

On day one of flower I switched the lights to 12/12 and changed the
nutrient solution to CNS 17 bloom. I used 380 mls. I have a ppm
and ph meter but I prefer to fly blind, after a week or two it's
easy to estimate how much food they need. Just look at the plants,
they'll tell you what they want.

I also added one packet of Bud Blood. This speeds up the finish
time by about 5 to 7 days.

After 7 days of bloom I turn on the 400 watt that I have also
placed in the cool tube. Now there are 1000 watts of light going
in there. I waited for the first week because I didn't want to
encourage too much stretching. But just as the first signs of
flowers appear - I boost the light.

(btw in order to run that much light in a tent I have to have the
ac directly ducted in almost all the time (except when the CO2 is
on. duh.))

As I enter the second week I can see that the Hogsbreath grows a
little faster than the Mazar. I can veg the mazar for 7 days on
the next run. The hogsbreath is very tall now, I think it will
stop growing just short of the burn zone. I am glad I switched to
12/12 when I did, though at the time I thought it was a little
premature.

I am running the mazar next time out because all the reports I have
read claim it is a very big yielder. While Hogsbreath is supposed
to be big too, I don't believe it is as big and as dense. I am
going for weight here.

first_day_012.jpg

first_day_006.jpg

first_day_009.jpg

first_day_013.jpg

first_day_015.jpg

first_day_024.jpg

first_day_026.jpg

first_day_035.jpg

first_day_0371.jpg

first_day_0391.jpg

Cheers,
Maxx

Thats cool.:cool:

It kind of like a ebb&flow with a 45 min cycle.:popcorn:

Pan4

Hi Pan4,

That is correct though you don't constantly water, but just for 1 or 2 cycles per day and only to a depth of 1/4 in up the rooting medium, and you would separate the watering cycles if you indeed needed 2 cycles.

Cheers,
Maxx

beautiful....i am intrigued with this grow...found a guy on craigslist with one new in a box for 1200... i am definatly going to get one when i can utilize it properly. i dont have a dedicated spot to put one....yet. you say its in a 5x5 hut, how much room do you have to work with and what are the temps like.....

I can't wait to see how this grow goes... I stumbled across this website while trying to find more info on rotational gardens, NuPonics, the world most compact, efficient, Ebbon Flow Hydroponics system. Does anyone know anything about these rotating gardens? I want to grow with a rotation device in an apartment or condo, so finding something small is essential, anyone have advice?

Hello maxxiums,

thanks for the info of this VG machine as the details you gave out.

I am saving money for one of this machine.
I have a few questions to ask you.
---
For your 2nd round with 60 plants

do you put seeds or clones into the VG or you have to seed or clone first then you put them into the VG for vegetation?

1. how high is the plants when you put them in to the VG?
2. how tall are the plants when you put them into the VG?
3. how long do you veg the plants?
4. what happen to the roots of each plants? I can not figure where the root are at ???
5. how long for flowering or bud?

-thanks

If you have to worry about plant counts then this system may not be the way to go. You really are growing branches and not large plants, and you could say that all you grow in this system are buds, as there is very little waste.

The gram per watt ratio is pretty good so far, but I am really just getting my 'rotary legs' so to speak. I was looking for better last time out, and finding the right plant for the system is part of the process. 1st grow at .5 lb, 2nd at 1 lb, so at this rate of increase.......;)

IMO this machine is genius! I grew the first strain right before I got the wheel in a regular DWC garden. The final product was okay. And in time it looked better. However - the same strain in the volksgarden - perfect. It went from fluffy hazy in the DWC to OG Kush like density in the wheel. same exact plant. Hard nugs that were exactly what I wanted. Let's put it this way the collective I took it to (and it is the best collective in LA, ie the world) took one look at it and put it on it's top shelf because it was so frosty.
Completely covered in trichomes. It looked like velvet. That means that this wheel turned out some of the best medicine in the world. Patients even went online on the weedtracker forums to talk about how awesome it was.

Once I have the height, the nutes and the genetics just right - this will be a beast of production. I will be satisfied with two pounds but I will be pushing for three. Oh what a fun game this is. It is a nice feeling to walk into a dispensary and have the owners treat you like a rockstar because of the obvious and hard to find quality that you are bringing them.

Cheers,
Maxx

Here are the pics from the first day of week 3 of flower.

I am still giving them CNS 17 bloom formula, though I am upping the
dossage now to around 420 mls. I am not adding anything else yet.
As you can see the plants have gotten very tall very quickly. This
is from 6 days of veg. Next time I will do 5. if some of them get
too tall and touch the tube I will bend them with fishing line. I
have already tested to see if I could be done and it is easy. You
just tie the string around the plant and then anchor it to one of
the empty spaces on the wheel.

The Mazar is budding faster than the hogsbreath. But both of these
strains are sooo much better than the last one i ran. As you can
see from the pics the canopy is finally filling out the way I had
hoped it would. Harvest should be much bigger than the last. I
see bud sites everywhere. Now the real test will be bud density
and frostiness.

1stdayweek3_1.jpg

1stdayweek3_2.jpg

1stdayweek3_3.jpg

1stdayweek3_4.jpg

1stdayweek3_5.jpg

1stdayweek3_7.jpg

aircon_unit.jpg

This last pic is the air-con unit that is keeping the room between 75 and 85F

Cheers,
Maxx

beautiful....i am intrigued with this grow...found a guy on craigslist with one new in a box for 1200... i am definatly going to get one when i can utilize it properly. i dont have a dedicated spot to put one....yet. you say its in a 5x5 hut, how much room do you have to work with and what are the temps like.....

Dims for the VG are 4 foot and 31 inches so i have 6 inch clearance of either end, and I have 2 foot plus on the open side of the VG so its ideal. temps from 75 to 85F with the air-con.

Cheers,
Maxx

Back
Top Bottom