Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

oic,

well hps has a better spectrum for flowering, so i would guess it would be a bit better, but the mix hps/mh is probably nice for the guys in the middle.
as far as 600 vs 400, i think you will still see a fairly big difference in yeild, but i have never used a volks with a 400 so i don't really know.

600 is nice but i suspect it can handle more. a bunch more.

I am for the "Goldy Locks" principle on this topic. The 400 it "too cold", the 1000 is "too hot", but the 600 is "just right", but i could be a little piggy and go for 2 bowls of "just right" as in 2 x 600s ;).

Cheers,
Maxx

i was thinking of getting that 460 upgraded custom volks on e-bay its 20 away from the light. how far is the light to the base of the plant where the light will first hit the plant.

I see low riders and other dwarf plants are auto flowering is there anyway to keep them in veg to get clones or how does it work with clones from them (means can u get a mother plant) if no any ideas on fastest way to get 460 female plants lol?

i was thinking of getting that 460 upgraded custom volks on e-bay its 20 away from the light. how far is the light to the base of the plant where the light will first hit the plant.

I see low riders and other dwarf plants are auto flowering is there anyway to keep them in veg to get clones or how does it work with clones from them (means can u get a mother plant) if no any ideas on fastest way to get 460 female plants lol?

you got a link to the ebay unit?

What's up fellas,

I've been out of touch, but I'm impressed with all the progress on this forum. Maxximus and WOF have all but convinced me to purchase a volksgarden. $2000.00 is a lot of dough-re-mi, but it looks like the most efficient way to get at least a pound of frosty rock-hard bud to ease my migraines and send me into the stratosphere. All this with one 600 watt bulb and a 25 gallon reservoir? Holy Shit, indeed.

As soon as WOF is finished and I can inspect his crop first-hand, I'll be placing my order.

I do have 2 600 watt ballasts, though. I might have to use both of them. Why bake my meds with just one? I've got a six-inch 450CFM vortex fan. Should be enough to cool 1200 watts...

BPod2...

bpod2.jpg

MH-Mini-Cool-Cab_small.jpg
HPS_Mini-Cool-Cab_small.jpg

24 plant trays (designed to hold standard size: 4” x 4” media blocks )
* nutrient reservoir
* 2 drip trays
* watering reservoir
* vertically and horizontally adjustable light posts
* tempered glass bulb protector
* pump and associated hardware
* motor with gear driven assembly
* plugs into standard 110 volts outlet
* two year warranty
* time to complete a full rotation, 1 hour

or just type 360 garden pod and search for it. i been looking so how did u get 80 low riders there auto flower aint they?

so how does your alls gardens compare to each others? and what kinda yeild diff?

mine im thinking about 2 600 hps added blue spec, and probly a bunch of low riders or clones not sure which would yeild more and would would be better quality, the auto flowers should get about 15-50g each plant i have no clue how much reg plants would get because they would be so lil it would be like a auto flower but dont think they would produce as much. i mean i could just use autos fill them up get out the males then fill them back up ect.. i dono how well that would work though

inferno.
you said 460 before. . . i know the bpod. from france right?

have you ever grown before? hydro can be very unforgiving to beginners. . .
I would suggest learning to walk before you learn to run.

i doubt that you can get 50g out of any plant in a bpod or a volks because the root sapce is too limited. if you got it dialed in spot on and got 15g/plant (doubtful) x 360 plants that would be well over 10 pounds. these types of numbers MIGHT be possible but youd have to be a damn good gardener, with perfect nute regimen, tons of light, co2 enrichment, perfect strain.

watch my journal i have 7 lowryders in there. read as much as you can. . . and id try to grow a couple plants in dirt to get your feet wet with testing ph and nutes etc. etc. if you haven't done so before. dirt is easy as hell, if you cant do that you're not ready for hydro.

no offense, just trying to help, i tell my own friends always start with dirt (or soiless mix that acts like dirt) to start the learning process. some people learn faster than others. It took me many many cycles to learn hydro. im still learning. my friend father baker grew fat fucking buds his very first lucky time. . . he had a good source of advice in me, and was naturally good at it. . . and its soiless mix. promix i think. its way more forgiving if you make small mistakes.

gl.

from what i know, i am the first person to ever put a lowryder in a wheel system. so data is on the way. . . i also doubled the root space of one of the lowryders to see if it makes a big difference.

the only problem is that i only have them under 12/12 with my other strains, so i wont get a full test of what they can do untill next round when i go full auto.

if i was going to buy a big one, id get the rotogro before i got a bpod. it comes with 2 600w hps, and the ballast and the timers are all built into the frame. I dont see anywhere on the omega site a price for the 1001, but im sure its primo quality. the guy on ebay just wants to sell bpods, i doubt their superiority. equivalent, maybe, but if it was my money, id go rotogro or omega not bpod. more for the money.

i dono how much space does the omgea have till the plants touch the light case? yes i have grew in some home made bubblers. just was saying 15 -50 because some strains are 15-40 that i was looking at like the ak47 af, and the 20-50 was the bub ak47 af hybrid. myself i was thinking of fem the seeds also but would have to research that i have cloned before but never tryied the acid stuff.
i dono i got about a month before i can get anything so ill be researching ect but the b-pod is nice i like 4x4x4 blocks should hold more roots/water

I also had some luck with a ebb flow , was wondering about instead of rock wool u think hydroton would work instead? wouldnt have to worry about buying more rock wool i never messed with it usaly use pucks and clay pebs, or in my first try was rocks lol it worked good too just had a alg problem

and pluss i may have a new name on here and stuff but when i get it if i do ill be makin a doc of it from start to finish so if something does come up maybe u all can help and then you will know if its better or not but i like how the b-pod is a lil farther from the light i think its about 20" where the rogro is like 14"?

What's up fellas,

I've been out of touch, but I'm impressed with all the progress on this forum. Maxximus and WOF have all but convinced me to purchase a volksgarden. $2000.00 is a lot of dough-re-mi, but it looks like the most efficient way to get at least a pound of frosty rock-hard bud to ease my migraines and send me into the stratosphere. All this with one 600 watt bulb and a 25 gallon reservoir? Holy Shit, indeed.

As soon as WOF is finished and I can inspect his crop first-hand, I'll be placing my order.

I do have 2 600 watt ballasts, though. I might have to use both of them. Why bake my meds with just one? I've got a six-inch 450CFM vortex fan. Should be enough to cool 1200 watts...

Very nice position to be in for you FB to be able to witness WOFs run in the flesh before getting into the game yourself.

Cheers,
Maxx

maxx,
he wants to get one right now, lol, but i wont let him till this turn is done. . . as long as you can, might as well learn from a whole cycle before you invest so much. . . . ya know?

Inferno,
im sure we would all love to see a journal of a bpod. i saw them before i bought my volks.

a volksgaerden is by far the smallest rotational, and even it is 19" to the light housing. the distance from wheel to light is pretty much standard through all the different models out there, its how deep the wheel is that makes up the different plant counts, all of the wheels use 4"media except volks which is 3".

fyi, tha bpod is just as expensive as the top models (rotogro and omega) and id be surprised if it was any better. you def paying some profit on shipping from france, where the other two are from canada. you can go cheaper with same results with a bonsai. the one with the light mover is interesting and they will save you a couple thousand.

gl, hope to see a journal.

BPod2...

bpod2.jpg

MH-Mini-Cool-Cab_small.jpg
HPS_Mini-Cool-Cab_small.jpg

24 plant trays (designed to hold standard size: 4" x 4" media blocks )
* nutrient reservoir
* 2 drip trays
* watering reservoir
* vertically and horizontally adjustable light posts
* tempered glass bulb protector
* pump and associated hardware
* motor with gear driven assembly
* plugs into standard 110 volts outlet
* two year warranty
* time to complete a full rotation, 1 hour

or just type 360 garden pod and search for it. i been looking so how did u get 80 low riders there auto flower aint they?

I have seen this unit up close at a hydro show, and though it has an interesting look to it, I would take a pass on it for the following reasons.

1. I don't see a need for 4" RW cubes, 3" are plenty large enough, in fact I would like to see a smaller cube option like I see on the Omega Garden website for their commercial unit, in which they are using 1.5" propagation cubes. 4" just seems like a total waste, and a lot more weight which brings me to my next issue.

2. This units cylinder looks very much like an earlier unit called the Bonsai, and in an article from Cannabis Culture a line describes the problem with this design.

"because after two years of continual use, the wheel has gone from being perfectly round to slightly elliptical. As a result, about six rows can get too much immersion in nutrient solution, and other rows too little. Charas explained, "If the cubes dip in too much they absorb excessive amounts of water, which isn't good for the plants. If the dip is too shallow, the cubes dry out and die."

ouch.

3. Drainage: The holes in the c-channels for this unit that allow water in and out of the c-channels are far to small IMO not for letting water in, but for letting it out easily. If the water is not allowed to flow freely out of the channels when they are just rising out of the watering tray at the bottom, then the water is going to come out of the c-channel when it is upside down at the top, and that is not where I want that happening.

4. Adjustable lighting??????? WTF Is this just me, or does anyone else think that this is the most useless idea in a wheel? If you move the light closer to one side of the wheel, are you not just moving it away from the other side of the wheel, and since the wheel is constantly turning......need I really say more about that.:loopy: I mean who are they fooling? What can that possibly do for you?:hmmmm:

5. Just to big and cumbersome IMO. You couldn't pay me to deal with one of these units.

6. Dis-functional marketing. Now I may be wrong here, but if the "360" is about the number of plants this unit holds and not '360 degrees', then IMO they do a dis service to anyone that thinks they are going to be able to grow 360 plants in that unit and bring them all to finish. That is just way too many plants for them all to get the light, and the space that each one needs to grow properly and yield an end product that you are going to be happy with.

I'm sure I could come up with more once I got working with one, and had to clean it and deal with the res, etc.

Having said all that I would love to see a grow with one, and see how it stacks up, but it aint going to be me.

Cheers,
Maxx

I have done the research. Go w the v garden. Here's why - the construction is super solid, the wheel is one big pice of tough ass industrial plastic. it won't wont warp the way metal will, over time. Check out the Cannabis Culture #66 May/June 2007 - they have an article on a grower who used a Bonsai wheel and while he said he loved rotational growing he said he wished he had gone w the omega because of how well built it is vs the cheaper system, which warped into an oval shape over time.

Also the Vgarden has a small foot print.

No matter what I think we can all agree on one thing - the ecosystem sucks!! hahahaha No really. It doesn't work. I've seen it in "action". (if you consider an entire crop dying from deficient pumps "action") hahahahaha :roorrip:

WOF

When I asked about what else you had in the res with the pump, I was wondering what you had in there that you were using to cool your res. A friend of mind made the mistake of using a coil that was not stainless in his res, and was on the fast track to killing all of his plants. It was happening fast and he told me that he didn't change anything, but I kept on him that he must have done something, and he finally clicked to that fact that this was "all he had changed" and bingo.

OOPS wrong thread... DOH!!!

Cheers,
Maxx

Back
Top Bottom