Opinions wanted on deficiency?

TheStickyEst

Hi guys and gal's I've got a question about this plant. I'm growing in soil just hit the four week mark of flower and one of my babes has developed some problem. I believe it's a P deficiency but I'm inexperienced and colorblind so I'd welcome any opinions. I'm feeding GH nutes plus some terpinator added in as well and I always ph water to 6.2-6.3 thanks in advance!

20211118_170130.jpg

If your feeding nutes I very much doubt it's a Phosphorus deficiency. Are you giving them cal-mag? LED lights are hard on magnesium. The only other thing I can think of is a nutrient lockout, to correct that you'll have to flush them. You didn't mention what the grow media is, so I'll assume soil. Before trying a flush, I'd give them some extra cal-mag and see if that doesn't clear it up. The leaves do have a waxy look, which often means too much N, but that could be the lighting in the photo.

I had what looked like the same issue on my plants, and found out it was a magnesium deficiency. Added .5g/L Epsom salts, and it is improving. I am not saying yours is the same issue, but something to look into.

Happy Growing.

Hi guys and gal's I've got a question about this plant. I'm growing in soil just hit the four week mark of flower and one of my babes has developed some problem. I believe it's a P deficiency but I'm inexperienced and colorblind so I'd welcome any opinions. I'm feeding GH nutes plus some terpinator added in as well and I always ph water to 6.2-6.3 thanks in advance!

20211118_170130.jpg
Hello @TheStickyEst hope you are well today.
Are your putting the calmag into your feed water first and letting it sit a couple minutes before adding the rest? Then setting your ph. Very important.
Are you following the recommended dose of you nutrients?
Following the schedule?
Are you feeding to run off, those nutrients will cause a buildup of salts around your roots.
You said you flushed that pot with more than 3x pot already right?
Are you alternating your feeds-- feed/water/feed/water with a good 2-4- day dry period in between. Very important.

Are you following these parameters my friend. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Hi! First, I agree that it looks like calcium, one of the major macronutrients that is lacking. To confirm this, you should see this damage only in the upper part of the plant, and the lower leaves will not have this type of damage on them.

Then we need to figure out how you got here. The timing on this tells me that MOST LIKELY you have a salt buildup from veg that needs to be cleared so that the needed bloom nutes can get up into this now flowering plant. Giving extra water with each watering is not going to cut it and that should never be considered to be flushing; you need a full 3x the container sized flush of clean water in one setting to wash all of that salt out of there.

Lastly, I want to examine your pH adjusting process. The way you said it makes me wonder if you are first adjusting the pH of your water, and then adding nutes. You should check and adjust your pH of your plain water if that is what the plant is getting on that round, and also check the pH of the nutrient mix immediately before applying it to the soil... it will be quite a bit lower than the pH of the water alone. Typically you need pH down to adjust the plain water down to 6.3 and you need pH up to adjust the nute water back up to 6.3pH. If you are not doing it this way, you are doing it wrong.

If you had misunderstood pH until reading this, this is probably most of the problem. Get the Ph right and your problem should go away all by itself. If you are doing the pH correctly, the make sure you are giving the full recommended nutes to your plants. They are in bloom now, and any recommendations to give half or quarter strength nutes should have been thrown out the window a few weeks ago... these are hungry plants. If this is all in line, then you truly have some extraordinarily hungry plants, and they probably could use a calmag supplement.

Back
Top Bottom