Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

hey tn,
the plants look great. dont be worried bout the yellowing as you will have things like that when you transplant. they look nice and healthy.
for topping. i top when the plant reaches around 18 inches tall. than it gets 2 weeks to recover before flowering.(back to 18 inches)
id say the Buddha is a good candidate after a little more time. if u wanted to top now id do the deisel as you have your 4 nodes at the bottom already existing and they will help to sustain the plant.... good rule of thumb is never take more than a third of the plant.
also check out Kelp for your transplanting phase

hey tn,
the plants look great. dont be worried bout the yellowing as you will have things like that when you transplant. they look nice and healthy.
for topping. i top when the plant reaches around 18 inches tall. than it gets 2 weeks to recover before flowering.(back to 18 inches)
id say the Buddha is a good candidate after a little more time. if u wanted to top now id do the deisel as you have your 4 nodes at the bottom already existing and they will help to sustain the plant.... good rule of thumb is never take more than a third of the plant.
also check out Kelp for your transplanting phase

Thanks Shaggie thats some good info! I know i have to stop worrying I never fully got that out of my system on my first grow. Its good tot here they are healthy though now lets just hope they are all truly female!

Also when is a good time to start flowering. My last grow I started my lemon skunk after it had been in veg for 2 months the the Ak-47 started 12/12 at only 20 days old. So what is the best time to start? I do want to LST and top so I know I need recovery time for that and Id like to get the LST the whole way around the pot as well.

Ok so here are the pictures I know you've been waiting for! Its been a few days since the last picture update and they have grown a good bit during that time.

Cali Orange:
cali214.jpg

cali18.jpg

Diesel:
diesel34.jpg

diesel211.jpg

Big Buddha (aka Biggie Smalls):
buddha18.jpg

buddha27.jpg

Group Shot:
group74.jpg

you can generaly start flowering anytime from 3 weeks from seed to ... well when you decide....
just remember... the longer you veg the bigger the pot you need.. your roots will more than double in flowering so you want room to grow. at our work we flower at 3 weeks old sometimes four depending on our room.
a plants cellular structure will be sexualy mature after about 3 weeks check out my no mercy grow... they showed me their sex less than 21 days from seed
as for giving them time to deal with the stress... we top all of our plants at my work... after a 2 week catch up they go in to flower... whith LST your not puting the plant through as much stress... hence why the next day after being bent over they are streching towards the light again and happy. there are other ways to make them bush out naturaly such as pinching top leaves (dont seem to be many that do it but i have seen fantastic results, its how we make our moms)

the pics look great nice and green keep up the good work

I agree with Shaggie, the only thing I'll add is that you're lookin at a good 10n or 12 week veg if you try to go around the pot with 'em....Mine are at 8 weeks now and they only made it about half way around the 3 gal pots, if not less....I'm gunna flip 12s soon though and Im done tying.....

Hey guys so took your advice on everything gave the plants some time to recover and grow some new roots. I will be trying to FIM the buddha tomorrow and depending on room might have to LST her but I'm hoping ill have enough room to avoid that. Still hoping to make the Cali a mother plant also if she branches out enough.

Cali:
cali215.jpg

cali19.jpg

Diesel:
diesel212.jpg

diesel35.jpg

Buddha (she finally starting to get bigger):
buddha28.jpg

buddha19.jpg

lets see if i can explain this right.......
this is how i make my mothers..... it is very low stress and encourages MASSIVE branching..... its based of of the defoliation method but you only take off a few specific leaves.

looking at the plant canopy you pick the highest branch and go to the third fan leave down from the top node and pinch it off. this wont damage the cola leaving it intact. what it does do is make the plant concentrate on "fixing" and strengthening below where you pinched.... this will start to push out those branches in the way you want.

i hope i explained that so you can understand....i need to get a pic of our moms... i had NEVER seen as healthy as moms until i saw this method.
any ways the plants look great brother

this is how i make my mothers..... it is very low stress and encourages MASSIVE branching..... its based of of the defoliation method but you only take off a few specific leaves.

looking at the plant canopy you pick the highest branch and go to the third fan leave down from the top node and pinch it off. this wont damage the cola leaving it intact. what it does do is make the plant concentrate on "fixing" and strengthening below where you pinched.... this will start to push out those branches in the way you want.

i hope i explained that so you can understand....i need to get a pic of our moms... i had NEVER seen as healthy as moms until i saw this method.

Ok so before I ask some more questions :) Just want you to know that I did Top the Buddha plant instead of FIM since I FIMed my last grow.

Ok so I still have a few questions because I am defiantly going to make a mother of one of the plants. Also are there certain traits I should look for in a mother? or can it be any healthy female plant.

Ok so If I'm getting this right will I go from the top of the canopy from the tallest branch since she is now LST'd and then go 3 nodes down (3 sets of leaves right?) and then pull the 3rd leaf off? Is that right or did I completely miss the point?

One last thing for tonight!!

I am also planning on breeding some of my plants so I do not have to constantly buy those sometimes very expensive seeds. Anyone have tips on breeding and is it as easy as keeping a male and female plant in the same room while in flower?

I am planning on breeding the same strain 2 raspberry cough plants. Is it true if I were to breed say a raspberry cough and a Utopia Haze that even know they may breed that the seeds will be useless or may not grow since they are 2 different straines?

Just a small picture update. I Toped Buddha a few days ago and she now has 2 new tops growing and has gotten very big. Diesel is a monster and just getting bigger each day. And Cali is also doing well. I've also only been watering them once every 4 days now they don't seem to drink to much right now. I cant wait until they start there nut scheduling i'll be starting out with 1/8 strength and moving up slowly every week or every other if its to much for them. Also am planning on putting into 12/12 in 3 weeks now. I checked my last grow and my ak-48 took 78days from seed till harvest and my lemon skunk took 119 (she had some issues because of my mess ups) So anyway yeah that about sums it up for now. I'll be updating every few days or if something awesome happens (like i find out there all female!)

Group Shots:
(this is mostly Diesel in this shot)
photo-221.JPG

Cali (front) Buddha (back left) Diesel (back right)
photo-212.JPG

photo-20.JPG

One last thing for tonight!!

I am also planning on breeding some of my plants so I do not have to constantly buy those sometimes very expensive seeds. Anyone have tips on breeding and is it as easy as keeping a male and female plant in the same room while in flower?

I am planning on breeding the same strain 2 raspberry cough plants. Is it true if I were to breed say a raspberry cough and a Utopia Haze that even know they may breed that the seeds will be useless or may not grow since they are 2 different straines?

At first all I could think is did he really just ask that??....But then it made me think, "I really dont know as much as I think I do" lol....What if!??....But I really think you can cross any two strains brother; Although I'm sure there are varieties that dont cross well, I think any two strains can be bred together....Go to seedfinder, there you will see years of strain crossing, back-crossing, double-back-crossing...lol...Much of today's canabis is really a mix of MANY strains, and I dont pretend to know the science of it, but I know you can do what you're trying to do...Hope that helps, maybe Shaggy has some knowledge on this subject, I'd almost bet on it!!:Namaste: :high-five:

LOL thanks Quix,
Breeding can be verry involved when you get in to it...
i will try to give you a quick run down.... but please know that all of my knowledge has come from reading it in books and online (Lot of the info is right here on:420:)
after that i just put it in to use and figured out what works!
i have also learned alot at my work... im lucky to have growing medicine as a job

anyways..... selection is Key! you want to make sure that the strain that you want you are able to pick a strong Pheno type (good growth, structure, color, oils or glandular production) normally this is done by taking multiple seeds of a strain and growing them all and selecting one to breed with you do this in the same way for males (little different look more for the structure you want ie. short, tall,bushy, tight inter-nodal spacing etc.)
as for cross strains go for it! i have a cross of Skunk #1 X Purp Urkl, its now a 4th generation seed, it still has another generation or two to really become a "Stable" strain
its a long road and takes time and SPACE. (or help from a good friend with another space!)
just as a note on crossing.... there are times that "dud" seeds can come out of a cross but i think it is rare...
hope this helps a little.... and again you can find a good amount about this here on this site
and of course i am here to help with any questions that i am able.
peace

congrats Shaggi You just explained supercropping in a nutshell:thumb:

Dont sweat it Tnoldon all the girls love it just pinch in between the nodes of her newly given bud sites from the lst'age it encourages stronger stems which naturally create heavier buds which is highly addicting I might add

A little pain for her= alot of pleasure for you..:goodluck:

what i was trying to decribe is actualy different from supercroping... your not breaking the stem with what i decribed your removing the third Fan leaf down from first node
this stops upward growth with out stressing the plant and making it back track
IMHO supercroping is only to create a stronger suport so it doesnt need to be staked...
OR for Emergency when bud is to close to HPS/MH
if you manage your canopy before flowering you can have better colas than with S.C as there is no down time

Alright I have a lot of reading to do today :) I will be taking off the 3rd fan leave down on the Diesel and see how she reacts. I know some of my questions may seem kinda dumb, but I honestly just like to get the right knowledge since this is only my second grow.

I have noticed a ton of inner node growth on buddha and diesel, but not so much Cali (which i want to make the mother) When can I start taking clones and where do the cuts have to be made? I gotta say I'm excited for this grow and I love hearing all the GREAT info you all have to provide, every on here is the reason I made it to harvest last grow! So a shout out to all those helping me out THANKS!

Alright here is the new pictures. All the plants have been LST'd and Buddha has been TOP'd :) everything is going well, I have still yet to even begin using nutes and I am watering about every 4-5 days right now. Also seeing as I am running out of room and have my other group of plants to tend to. I am getting yet another light fixture totaling 3 so I can start to spread the plants out a bit more.

Also 2 questions:

1. Can anyone tell me by looking a the size of these plants if its time to go into flowering yet? Or do I need to wait a while longer since they haven't even been given nutes yet?

2. Can I also take clones even if my plant is in flower?

Cali Orange:
cali110.jpg

cali20.jpg

Diesel:
diesel113.jpg

Diesel36.jpg

Buddha:
buddha20.jpg

buddha110.jpg

(TOP'd)
buddhatop.jpg

Group Shot:
group76.jpg

your plants can go in to flowering any time after about 3 weeks from seed... this is all the time needed to become sexually mature.
clones Can be taken up to 21 days in flower but it is harder on the plant... i always recommend taking clones before you start flowering
good luck

+Subscribed. :goodluck:

As off now I am growing these strains.

3 Buddha Haze
1 Purple Haze.
1 Cali Orange Bud (left over seed)
1 Trainwreck

That doesn't read like 100% sativa. Seems like you hardly ever see those beautiful skinny nine(/11/13?)-fingered sativa leaves these days because 90% of the strains are polluted with indica genetics.

Then again, you hardly ever hear someone proudly announce that they're entering the 19th week of flowering and that they hope that their plants will be ready "in a month or two," lol. Even most hazes look to have less than an 18-week flowering period.

I was barely old enough to be able to occasionally enjoy sativas. (Ok, I might have started "a day or two" early?) Smoke too much cannabis these days and you'll wake up on the floor in front of the couch some time after noon tomorrow. Smoke too much old-school sativa and you'll still be smoking it after noon tomorrow... getting higher and higher, almost as if there was no plateau (just orbit and beyond).

Rambling again. Good luck with your grow!

+Subscribed. :goodluck:

That doesn't read like 100% sativa. Seems like you hardly ever see those beautiful skinny nine(/11/13?)-fingered sativa leaves these days because 90% of the strains are polluted with indica genetics.

Then again, you hardly ever hear someone proudly announce that they're entering the 19th week of flowering and that they hope that their plants will be ready "in a month or two," lol. Even most hazes look to have less than an 18-week flowering period.

I was barely old enough to be able to occasionally enjoy sativas. (Ok, I might have started "a day or two" early?) Smoke too much cannabis these days and you'll wake up on the floor in front of the couch some time after noon tomorrow. Smoke too much old-school sativa and you'll still be smoking it after noon tomorrow... getting higher and higher, almost as if there was no plateau (just orbit and beyond).

Rambling again. Good luck with your grow!

I guess I was wrong in the 100% sativa lol, I tried though got the most sativa dominate strains I could get. I do not like indica strains at all they make me feel like crap and make me paranoid.

Also I just got in my new seeds! and I got Utopia Haze! which is supposedly 100% sativa :) but im new at this and my info could be off haha

I heard that UH was a winner. Actually, all of your strains have something going.

I know the feeling about the indicas (I suppose you guessed, lol).

Back
Top Bottom