Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

Photo update for today, Cali is growing very strong and I'm hoping to make her the mother once she gets to a decent size. The other plants are healthy but very small, i'm sure once the get nuts when they are old enough they will get bigger. ALSO i messed up last time saying I planted another big buddha its actually called "big band"

Cali:
cali28.jpg

cali7.jpg

Diesel:
Diesel25.jpg

Buddha:
buddha22.jpg

buddha9.jpg

Your babies look very healthy & have great color! :goodjob:

Thanks Krip! I'm happy they are so healthy but I do wish they would get a little bigger, Big buddha is more like tiny buddha :)

Also I have lost 2 seeds already 1 big buddha, and 1 big band (she hasn't shown up its been 2 days) BUT! I have another big buddha on the way and will be planting my silver haze and purple strains soon enough :)

Here we go again! Your pictures for the day. I must say they're looking good. I'm crossing my fingers they're all female my last grow one of my biggest and best plants turned out to be male and that hurt a little, but if I do get a male I want to try and bread my plants so I can get a ton of seeds.

Group:
group72.jpg

Cali:
cali29.jpg

cali8.jpg

Diesel:
diesel26.jpg

Buddha:
buddha23.jpg

buddha10.jpg

Hey TN, I'm glad I caught this journal early, just wanted to drop in and let you know that your last journal was the first journal I ever followed here. It caught my eye because it was the "Poor mans Grow", lol, and so was mine. By the time I started posting, yours was winding down and you had to shed dry all that lemony goodness.

Anyway things are looking good over here bud, I'll sub:popcorn: Hope to see you around and good luck with this run....:peacetwo:

Hey TN, I'm glad I caught this journal early, just wanted to drop in and let you know that your last journal was the first journal I ever followed here. It caught my eye because it was the "Poor mans Grow", lol, and so was mine. By the time I started posting, yours was winding down and you had to shed dry all that lemony goodness.

Anyway things are looking good over here bud, I'll sub:popcorn: Hope to see you around and good luck with this run....:peacetwo:

Hey bro good to see you again! Wow haha i feel awesome I was the first grow journal you ever followed I hope you enjoyed my crazy first grow. And yeah I got a good amount after I dried it wasn't even expecting that much.

Thanks for the compliment bro and I hope you stop by time to time to see how things go this time around. And if you ever need help with your grow feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out :):yahoo:

Hey bro good to see you again! Wow haha i feel awesome I was the first grow journal you ever followed I hope you enjoyed my crazy first grow. And yeah I got a good amount after I dried it wasn't even expecting that much.

Thanks for the compliment bro and I hope you stop by time to time to see how things go this time around. And if you ever need help with your grow feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out :):yahoo:

I'll be around bro, feel free to stop by my little corner any time as well! I didnt do half bad with what I had last grow, should do a little better with this one....:high-five:

Here is the latest update.

Cali Orange: VERY strong healthy plant looks like she might be the mother.
cali9.jpg

Cali210.jpg

Diesel: Has the most nodes of all the plants starting to branch out. Not as big as Cali due to being an Auto, and I can't clone an auto even if she gets bigger. Plan on LSTing her to force her to get bigger.
Diesel27.jpg

Dieel.jpg

Buddha: Still going strong, very small plant, 2 of 3 seeds didn't make it. Seems to be a weak strain, but hopping there is a turn around with her.
buddha24.jpg

buddha13.jpg

Awesome group image!
group73.jpg

I am following you as a sativa fan and started w/ Chill OM, Big Band and BCN Diesel Automatic. The BCN was a give away not sure what it is yet. Like you this is my second grow and using CFLs 6500k for veg. All seeds were planted in a standard soil mix that was loose w/ sphagnum peat etc. and in 4 & 5 days w/ a bit of watering all 5 seeds sprouted. They look like your 5/22 photos. :bravo:You have a good operation going. I will keep you posted & forward photos as they progress. I can't get to my location daily because of the back country in MI but will send photos soon. Good luck

Picture Update. I will be hopefully transplanting them soon hopefully by the weekend. I plan on LSTing them all and FIMing 2 and Toping 1

Cali:
cali211.jpg

cali10.jpg

Diesel:
diesel28.jpg

diesel110.jpg

Buddha:
buddha14.jpg

Plants are looking really good man :) Subbed! Stoked to see how your girls do. Much Luck!

Nice plants. I'm going to try a perpetual grow myself and am thinking of all Sativas for one of the grows to keep all the harvest times close to even (Dr. Grinspoon, Wild Thailand, Panama, and South African Kwazulu came to mind). I am reading that the flowering times will be longer and they will be tall. Maybe I should try a power grow (Quasar, White Widow and Free Tibet) to hold me over for the long haul..... :goodluck:

hey TN Good luck on Girls brother
i have heard that the Buddhas are finicky but when you get a pheno that is strong they are very tasty looks like your off to a good start.:bravo:
keep it up

Plants are looking really good man :) Subbed! Stoked to see how your girls do. Much Luck!

Thank you :) Hope you stop by time to time and see who everything is going and I'm always open to advice.

Nice plants. I'm going to try a perpetual grow myself and am thinking of all Sativas for one of the grows to keep all the harvest times close to even (Dr. Grinspoon, Wild Thailand, Panama, and South African Kwazulu came to mind). I am reading that the flowering times will be longer and they will be tall. Maybe I should try a power grow (Quasar, White Widow and Free Tibet) to hold me over for the long haul..... :goodluck:

Thank you Chimp, I learned after a few months that sativa plants are they only ones that are good for me they make me happy and work well for my active life and works wonders on migraines! Flowering times can be a bit longer but hey its always worth the wait. Hmm only strain you mentioned I know is white widow i'll have to look into the others. Take it easy bro

hey TN Good luck on Girls brother
i have heard that the Buddhas are finicky but when you get a pheno that is strong they are very tasty looks like your off to a good start.:bravo:
keep it up

Thank you Shaggie. Yes I am learning Buddha is not the best strain but I am working hard with her to make sure she gets the same attention as the others. I am hoping she gets to become a large healthy plant in a few weeks. I have one more in germination that looks like she popped i'll give her another 2 days to grow a big enough root to plant. Hope you stay following my journal :high-five:

Ok so a little bit of a different update. Today I'm doing size comparisons showing the various sizes of the strains. THey are being compared to my hand and also a 75w CFL Also after this weekend there will only be 1 picture update a week so you'll be able to notice a size difference more easily then seeing them everyday.

First up Cali Orange. My favorite plant so far she is doing so well and I hope she will make a great mother plant!

cali15.jpg

cali212.jpg

Diesel:
diesel31.jpg

diesel111.jpg

diesel29.jpg

Buddha:
buddha25.jpg

buddha15.jpg

So quick question. I have LST'd my plants before in my first grow but I was wondering if it matters when you LST a plant do they have to be a certain size or can I start that as soon as I transplant them this week?

As far as I know it does not matter what size container you have to start LST just as long as it's not root bound.

IMO tho I wouldn't do it as soon as you transplant but give if a few days to a week after. Only to allow the roots to anchor themselves into the new container before you start twisting and bending anything.

So quick question. I have LST'd my plants before in my first grow but I was wondering if it matters when you LST a plant do they have to be a certain size or can I start that as soon as I transplant them this week?

Hey brother, In my opinion, and many others', you LSTing should be done earlier, rather than later. As the plants get older, obviously their stalks get thicker, and more ridgid, which I think causes more stress as you lst...I could be wrong, but I am LSTing my girls right now, but Im going to stop after this week, as they're getting less and less plyable...Hope this helps!!

Quix is correct. You really can't start LST'ing too soon, but you can start too late. Just go a little at a time and don't be too agressive with them.

Also, you may or may not have heard of a legendary grower named "Uncle Ben". The guy is a growing guru. I highly recommend you google "Uncle Ben's Topping" and you'll find a thread on his technique to top a plant to get two or four main colas. With this technique, you do top at very specific times and points but the results are amazing and much more predictable than FIM.

Back
Top Bottom