Original source seeds from the 70's: Yes I have some

I remember DJ short saying that afghanica which is basically subgroup that was grown in Hindu Kush or Afghan Kush if you like totally changed the game in middle to late 70s. NorCal growers got crazy about flowering time and big buds, and they started breeding it into everything... but the fact was there was Skunk #1 before which was first commercial strain ever made in US, and they sold it everywhere. Well it had Afghan in it, and it was stable. But guess what it's hard to find a modern hybrid without its genetics. It just keeps getting renamed :laughtwo: However you wouldn't be able to get it without landraces cause they are the building block of 100% strains on the market, and losing them is like losing your own parents.

I remember there being a LOT of different skunk weed available around in NorCal in the late 70s. I do not have any seeds from any Skunk, as it was almost always seedless. The smell was also pretty bad and I tended to avoid buying it. Some were better than others. You can get all the early skunk seeds that you want though, they were saved by many and all the seed companies have them. The Skunkman's one real claim to fame was that he de-skunked skunkweed later in Holland. If you like skunk, that is the way to go.

I can see the appeal of early blooming, larger/denser buds and smaller plants, but the hash strains always had a harsher leaf (why much of it is turned into hashish). I have several South Mexico landrace sativas that bloom by September 10 here just above the 45th parallel though. They are nothing like the insanely late blooming Colombian landraces that I have tried to grow in CA.

If you grow in large tubs like I do, you can bloom them out any time. Just move them into the dark for 6 nights in a row for more than 11 hours, and they will bloom. Once they start, they will not revert as the days get shorter. I typically force them to bloom in mid August here, and that way I get a harvest by early October. This year fall was early and it has been raining all October in North Oregon. Lots of rot in many outside grows this year here, it has been a tough harvest for many. I moved my plants inside under lights at the end of September to finish them off. They are all cut and curing now, and I have 4 plants re-vegging now under MH lights.

As far as Colombian is concerned Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen was ready by the end of September on 45N, so I believe there are shorter flowering phenos there.

As far as Colombian is concerned Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen was ready by the end of September on 45N, so I believe there are shorter flowering phenos there.

There are certainly a variety of bloom times when it comes to Colombian strains. The ones I grew in California were really late blooming (mid October, still no blooms) at the 36N lat. and they were naturally gold in leaf color. Santa Marta is said to ripen at the end of November. Another example of a potent landrace, it has been tested at up to 19% THC.

This is interesting thing for my outdoor ass. I have grown 4 landraces so far: African, northern Indian, Mexican and Colombian, and none of these went over 3rd week of October. I just have a microclimate thing going on which triggers quick maturing or at least that's my guess.

Late blooming/maturing for me have been the Colombian golds, and the North Mexico Zacatecas purple. Several of my other Mexican and California heirloom strains also bloom later and mature at the end of October/early November. My indicas all seem to come in earlier, and the satavas later to really late.

This year I let my outdoor medical heirlooms bloom naturally, and they were not in the order that I expected (or is commonly advertised by seed companies). They are all clone-only strains from reputable growers or medical MJ outlets: White Widow started blooming in mid August and finished the 3rd week in September. Blue Dream was next to start blooming the 3rd week in August and finished by the end of September. Granddaddy Purple/GDP and OG Kush started blooming at the end of August/beginning of September. GDP was starting to show rot so I moved it and the OG Kush inside under lights at the end of September, as neither had finished, but it was getting wet and too much condensation in the outside greenhouse (raining inside from all the humidity and cool night temps). I wound up having to harvest GDP early because the rot was spreading, and I cut them with white hairs instead of orange/red hairs. Not quite as oily as I wanted, but it smokes really nice being harvested early. No couch-lock at all. I let the OG Kush go to full maturity in mid October under lights. No signs of bud rot, it is curing last. The White Widow is fully cured and ready to bag up now.

Well, I have to post this here to reiterate the fact that:

I DO NOT SELL CANNABIS SEEDS. I HAVE NEVER SOLD ANY CANNABIS SEEDS PUBLICLY OR PRIVATELY. NONE OF MY CANNABIS SEEDS HAVE EVER BEEN AVAILABLE FOR SALE THROUGH ANY SEED COMPANY! ZERO. NONE. ZIP. NADA. YOU ARE HALLUCINATING OR COMPLETELY MISINFORMED IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.

Got it?

The above was posted because someone PM'd me here complaining that 9 out of 10 of their Purple Haze seeds did not germinate. For whatever reason they seem to think that I was the one that sold them their seeds, or that I am the one that developed the strain called Purple Haze. That is simply not the case. While it is true that I have some early seeds from some weed called Purple Haze in the later 1970s, I did not develop that strain, nor did I have anything to do with the development of that strain, nor did I know who did at that time. Nor should the strain that I have seeds from listed above be confused with the strain developed much later called "Purple Haze."

Again, none of my seeds have ever been used to develop any newer strains that I am aware of. The ONLY seeds I ever provided to anyone (I HAVE NEVER SOLD ANY OF THEM) was to local growers in California in the 1970s and 1980s. From those grows, some of my landrace and heirloom genetics *may* have found their way into more modern strains, but I have no way to confirm that. In other words, I have absolutely nothing to do with any seeds or strains currently being sold through seed companies in Amsterdam or Canada, as some seem to think. Nor do I have any responsibility for them, and I have never gotten any financial gain from supplying any of my seeds. I have no personal knowledge of anyone selling Cannabis or Marijuana or hemp seeds commercially at this time, anywhere in the world.

And since some people seem to be really slow to comprehend things... let me state it again:

While I have many early landrace and heirloom seed strains that I have listed here in this thread, they are: 1) NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. Period. Please do not ask. They are not for sale. 2) I have and have had nothing to do with the development of the strains Haze or Purple Haze, Big Sur Holy Weed, Santa Marta gold, Lowland or Highland Colombian, Mexican, or any of my seed strains that I have in my collection. They were developed by indigenous farmers in Mexico, Colombia, and Southeast Asia, and people growing Cannabis in Northern California in the 1970s/1980s. 3) I do not endorse any seed company or seed strain of Cannabis at this time. I have absolutely nothing to do with any Cannabis seeds sold previously or currently being sold worldwide, from any source.

I couldn't get it either.

What are you actually trying to say BigSur?
:passitleft:

It said I had to go give reps away before I could give you more. Appreciate the stories and history.

Yes, no seeds for sale here. Wax smoking is apparently on the rise. It is the same on Craigslist here listing anything related to weed and growing supplies. It is a real challenge to deal with some OMMP people. Same on this site when people think I sold them bunk seeds. Not unlike the people that still think that seeds cannot be frozen.

I can see why some people take this thread as a seed ad though. This site is so seed-sales ad heavy that people presume the wrong things. I can no longer edit earlier posts (they seem to have changed the site permissions), or I would revise the first one with a disclaimer and reduce the last three into one... but whatever. Shoot first, ask questions later. :rip:

'Seeds- yes I have some!' it says, and the obvious reaction is 'Seeds, yes I want some!' I can't say I'm not guilty either, of wanting seeds in general, that is. We all want seeds.
You can always ask any of the mods to make changes to stuff. No matter what you do there will always be a couple wandering trolls and random weirdness.

No matter what you do there will always be a couple wandering trolls and random weirdness.

That sums up the internet in a nutshell.

This guy thought that I had actually sold him some seeds though. Then he thought I was not politically correct enough in my reply. Then he tried to slam me... meh, so I just hit the delete button, and poof! His PMs were gone.

Have you tried LEB27 ?

LEB27 is the same as Zenseeds' Libanon 30 strain that has been crossed for 30 some odd years now and bred to grow in northern Europe. Several LEB27 seeds that I have seen for sale are sativa crosses. I want the real deal Lebanon source indica landrace from the Bekaa Valley. Some guys in Europe are working on that for me and I may trade some of my seeds for them.

LEB27 is the same as Zenseeds' Libanon 30 strain that has been crossed for 30 some odd years now and bred to grow in northern Europe. Several LEB27 seeds that I have seen for sale are sativa crosses. I want the real deal Lebanon source indica landrace from the Bekaa Valley. Some guys in Europe are working on that for me and I may trade some of my seeds for them.

I'm not sure, but the one from Derg Corra Collective is said to be original Lebanese.

RSC says they have pure landrace Lebanese from the UK. The type they have is super early. But they do not ship to the US. Other places online that I have found are all out of stock.

And as my new sig file says here, I now have two separate sourced Bekaa Valley strains of Lebanese seeds from the 2000s that I am going to grow this year here. :thanks:

I plan on crossing the two types and generating a newer generation of seeds. As wide a spectrum of Leb land race cross as I can make, which is acceptable for my needs here. A representative sample anyway if there is no gene switching going on when the land race parents grow here. Standard sex crossing, no herm/fem seed generation.

Back
Top Bottom