Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

LostFedEXMan:

based on your pics, I'd just grow them out. Even though those leaves are curled up, they're still green, and still photosynthesizing.

Kick ass thanks bru MUCH appreciated! I'll let you guys know how things turn out.

P.S. I noticed, on the second pic, that MountainHigh has a little bit of slight clawing aswell..... And them buds are looking GOOD! Hmmmmm.

Thanks again doc!

I am iffy about OC+ now....as I am getting more and more irregular issues showing up...

I will get some pics, but it probably won't be for a few days. The redish blotching is occurring again on more plants. Even the auto's are showing leaf discoloration type issues.

Maybe it doesn't jive with promix...maybe my filtered water is bad...

I can tell you this...I had better luck with organics choice miracle grow potting mix. I think Imma go back to that.

Darnit!

I will get pics...

I am iffy about OC+ now....as I am getting more and more irregular issues showing up...

I will get some pics, but it probably won't be for a few days. The redish blotching is occurring again on more plants. Even the auto's are showing leaf discoloration type issues.

I can tell you this...I had better luck with organics choice miracle grow potting mix. I think Imma go back to that.

Darnit!

I will get pics...

are you PHing ur water? sound like a cal def.. but hard to say without pics. maybe tap water would be better?

I am just using filtered water through a PUR tabletop filter.

I will get a rush on the pics. Thanks irish.. Iwill keep you guys posted.

Darnit!

I will get pics...

Use regular tap water.
OC+ is designed to work for normal people, growing normal crops. Pretend you're growing tomatoes and everything will work fine.

I am just using filtered water through a PUR tabletop filter.

I will get a rush on the pics. Thanks irish.. Iwill keep you guys posted.

so ur not Phing ur water? and using filter water?

you need to PH ur water and stop using filter water, you filter out allot of micro's with filter water.. and when you dont have the right PH ur locking out some Micro's.. so i would say thats the problem not the OC+ IMO

Holy crap. Can someone recommend a good soil PH tester? I guess I am just almost too lazy for this type of crop. lol

It sucks being lazY!!!

Holy crap. Can someone recommend a good soil PH tester? I guess I am just almost too lazy for this type of crop. lol

It sucks being lazY!!!

u dont want a soil PH test but a Digi PH test.. good luck their around $80-$100
for a good one..

not to sure witch ones the best? but i have a ECO tester PH2 and seems to do me good. i would love to here witch ones everyone thinks is best? i know most people use the one i have.

Dont trip go green, most tap water is fine with quality soil.
get a pool test kit to measure total alkalinity of the water and post the result. (it also maybe listed on your municipal water supply's website)

and OC+ is made for lazy! Doc didn't ph his water or filter it and he grew some dank kine!

Damn damn damn. ok ok ok Thanks SnowBender, Irish, and Doc.

Total Alkalinity....man I need a notebook! lol

Thanks dudes...you guys rock.

-go

Dont trip go green, most tap water is fine with quality soil.
get a pool test kit to measure total alkalinity of the water and post the result. (it also maybe listed on your municipal water supply's website)

and OC+ is made for lazy! Doc didn't ph his water or filter it and he grew some dank kine!

Good advice, SB!
You can get a soil test kit at a decent garden center. I've seen 'em at Home dePot and Lowes.

Then, test the TA of your water and post the results and we'll help you out. Just remember, people who have gardens almost never test the soil, or the water, let alone pH the water....and things grow just fine.

Keep it simple, and you'll be rewarded.
FWIW, I'm using OC+ on my latest endeavor.....got a lot invested and will be doing a rather large medical grow. I chose it because it works very well and is easy.

Covered well, but I just can't seem to focus on all of it. Surely I am not the only one that has that problem at times.

Refresh me if you will..what is normal TA? We simply talking alkalinity on the PH strip? That easy? What to do if it's too high---?----dilute with RO right??

Thanks!!!

-go

Ok Check this out....used a nice test kit for water quality. Here's what I got-

Alkalinity- from the color scale, between 180PPM - 240PPM.
Hardness- " ", became purple! When dark blue was 25 grains-(425ppm)
PH- " ", was around 8-9

Ok...there's my water specs. I will test again with a diff. test as soon as I locate it.. lol

-Go

Covered well, but I just can't seem to focus on all of it. Surely I am not the only one that has that problem at times.

Refresh me if you will..what is normal TA? We simply talking alkalinity on the PH strip? That easy? What to do if it's too high---?----dilute with RO right??

Thanks!!!

-go

TA is another way of measuring the amount of pH down it takes to lower pH one number....IE from 7-6. The dissolved minerals act as a buffer....and end up forming bicarbonates in the medium, which over time cause the medium pH to rise, leading to heap big trouble.

People test the runoff, see that the pH is high, so they pH their water down....but it doesn't help because of the Total Alkalinity. All that phosphorus in the pH down also messes things up.

So a good number for Total Alkalinity is 100 or lower PPM of Ca. (that's how TA is measured)

If your water is under 100, don't waste your time with CalMag.....you've got great micro's right there in your tap water, and the soil is a strong enough buffer so that you don't need to pH the water. Just water the damn plants.

On the other hand, if the TA is really high, you've got to dilute with RO until you get it to an acceptable level....100 or lower. Too low, and you'll need to add micro's.....so maybe shoot for 40-60.

This is what commercial nurseries do...they analyze the water, and design the feed and the medium around the water.

Ok Check this out....used a nice test kit for water quality. Here's what I got-

Alkalinity- from the color scale, between 180PPM - 240PPM.
Hardness- " ", became purple! When dark blue was 25 grains-(425ppm)
PH- " ", was around 8-9

Ok...there's my water specs. I will test again with a diff. test as soon as I locate it.. lol

-Go

Your TA is really high! Dilute with RO until you get it under 60....and your problems will be solved!

New test results. Probably a better quality test.

PH. 7.5 - 8.5 somewhere in that range.
TA. 180 - 240+ couldn't tell for sure but it was high...not 40 by any means...
Chlorine- 0 - 00.2 so that's good.
Total hardness- Harder- VERY HARD 250-420 PPM

-Go

New test results. Probably a better quality test.

PH. 7.5 - 8.5 somewhere in that range.
TA. 180 - 240+ couldn't tell for sure but it was high...not 40 by any means...
Chlorine- 0 - 00.2 so that's good.
Total hardness- Harder- VERY HARD 250-420 PPM

-Go

You just identified your problem.

If I was you, I'd water with RO for a week, then mix it with the tap water. Maybe flush once or twice with RO to get things cleaned out....lot's of bicarbonates in there. All that excess calcium will also begin to lock out boron, magnesium and phosphorus....and plants will look crappy and never grow right without those.....

DAMMNNNNNNNN SO RO....same as distilled? I am going to have to buy the water....I don't have an RO setup.

I was going to install one, but thought naa...so if I do...all I will need to worry about is cal/mag? or others? ok first things first. lol
Distilled?

-Go

Back
Top Bottom