Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

this is the page i was lookingfor and i "dont have permission to view this page"...am i too noob to visit the page or is this what everyone is talking about when they say the thread just "dissappeared?"

thanks agin,
be easy,
Dr.J

It's not anything with you bro, that thread has been unavailable for over a year. Something happened to it...what I'm not sure, but I asked a couple of mods to look into it, and they were never able to get it back.

:ganjamon:

I know this is from last sept., but i gotta say, fucking beautiful man, just beautiful!

TY DrJ

turned out awesome too.

This grow is sans the OC+. Nothing wrong with OC+, just wanted to try and lean more towards organic to see if taste and smell improve. If I do hempys again OC+ will definitely be used. And used for outdoor gorilla grows as well.

Now, strictly organic mineralized soil, with teas and foliar feedings. Maybe even healthier than the Original Berry.

Next up, cooking some of Doc's high brix kit soil.

G10_room_view_2_wks_flwr_PeDsWR.jpg

It's not anything with you bro, that thread has been unavailable for over a year. Something happened to it...what I'm not sure, but I asked a couple of mods to look into it, and they were never able to get it back.

oh word thanks for letting me know vape! that kinda blows... oh well, guerrilla oc+ this spring thanks for the idea brah! :ganjamon:

TY DrJ

turned out awesome too.

This grow is sans the OC+. Nothing wrong with OC+, just wanted to try and lean more towards organic to see if taste and smell improve. If I do hempys again OC+ will definitely be used. And used for outdoor gorilla grows as well.

Now, strictly organic mineralized soil, with teas and foliar feedings. Maybe even healthier than the Original Berry.

Next up, cooking some of Doc's high brix kit soil.

G10_room_view_2_wks_flwr_PeDsWR.jpg

that's what's up HashHound...i'm super impressed by the high brix stuff going on...kinda want to modify my plan for next time around and do 3 high brix and 3 oc+ 100% hempy and compare...uh oh that sounded too good...back to researching high brix!
be easy mon frer,
Dr.J

Is this a cal/mag deficiency?

I'm about 55 days into flower. Bag seed grow. 3 gallon smart pots, promix BX @ 2 tablespoons per gallon. At frist i thought it was lockout but i have flushed and corrected my PH issues. Issue seems to be getting worse - but its only some fan leaves.

Any ideas?

kGzVBn3l.jpg

dguqONXl.jpg

Is this a cal/mag deficiency?

I'm about 55 days into flower. Bag seed grow. 3 gallon smart pots, promix BX @ 2 tablespoons per gallon. At frist i thought it was lockout but i have flushed and corrected my PH issues. Issue seems to be getting worse - but its only some fan leaves.

Any ideas?

kGzVBn3l.jpg

dguqONXl.jpg

First, I'd suggest you stop pHing your water. :) it's not necessary when growing in soil, and can actually screw things up. Then, you could either start watering with cal-mag or top dress with more OC+ and she should be fine.

She's also stressed...how's your environment?

First, I'd suggest you stop pHing your water. :) it's not necessary when growing in soil, and can actually screw things up. Then, you could either start watering with cal-mag or top dress with more OC+ and she should be fine.

She's also stressed...how's your environment?

By correcting my PH issues i actually stopped phing as the runoff had a really low PH.

I watered yesterday with cal/mag at 6ml/gallon.

What makes her look stressed? She's in a 3x3 tent with a 400w HPS.

Also, how much oc+ should i add for a top dressing? Im about 55 days into flower with 3 weeks left. I may just try to stretch it out so i can flush the last two weeks.

It looks like your girl ate up all the food. I've had this happen to me a couple of times. I'd top dress with at least a full tbsp, 3wks is too long to go without feeding, this won't effect your finish. Either that or get a brightly colored bottle of nutes to finish her.....:peace:

It looks like your girl ate up all the food. I've had this happen to me a couple of times. I'd top dress with at least a full tbsp, 3wks is too long to go without feeding, this won't effect your finish. Either that or get a brightly colored bottle of nutes to finish her.....:peace:

I flushed once more and added 1tbls to the top of each pot. I'll water with 1ml of calmag from now till harvest and i think ill be alright.

I've been running some tests and here's what I'm seeing so far. I use a combination of Osmocote+ & OC 14-14-14 (1/3 OC+) for my flower bucket. I've been running hempy buckets w/ osmocote for the last 2yrs, most of that with a coarse perlite bucket and a soil cap. I'm now on my 2nd & 3rd runs with coco hempy buckets. I started to check my run-off with my 1st coco bucket due to some lockout issues and found that the in to out ph dropped by 1.0 to 1.2, so ph in at 7.0 gave me an avg of 5.9 out. At this point I stopped adjusting the ph of my feed water, and the plant took off.

So this run I'm running 1 coco and 2 perlite w/ soil cap (my standard), for comparison.

I wasn't sure how much of the ph drop was due to the coco or the effects of pre-loading with OC. So to start the perlite buckets I didn't adjust the ph of the feed water. I tested overflow out the hole, and found the ph in to went up by 0.2 I ended up with a mild ph lockout during the first 7 days in the bucket. Next watering adjusted to 5.9 the out ph out was 6.1 and the ec gained 1.2 and the plants bounced back. I'm thinking the the small ph increase is most likely due to the buffering of the soil cap, and that OC is basically ph neutral.

I've only ran a few coco OC hempy's so far, but I'm seeing better results than with perlite, really like not having to adjust my ph.

Hello 420MAG!

I usualy post on another forum, but have since then found this forum much more... Kind in regard to the information/help to newer growers and sharing ideas and thoughts. And with that being said I believe I have found a new home for my grows, I mean I never really did to much posting on the other forum either but oh well :p lets begin... My level of experience is not the greatest but I am always looking to improve, which brought me to this thread in the first place. I have done 2 successfull soil grows under 400 watt hps (that actually began as a DWC but failed, and I mean FAILED horibly) and when circumstances changed in hempys with the orignal design of 75/25 perlite to verm under fluros running a small perpetual cabinet under the use of GH flora series, Koolbloom liquid and dry with added diamond nectar as a supplement. Well now that I have moved into larger living spaces I have started my grow again with 2 tents, Veg and Flower using the new Tek 2 lights from HTG in my veg and a digital 600 watt hps in my flowering tent. I will have much better control in this grow over my last because i DID NOT cut corners like i did last time with my materials(tent, ventalition, hoods) and a portable ac :D. I have had good success with my GH nutes, but seriusly right now I dont have the time to mix nutes every other day and the use of OC+ is just the ticket for me and I am ready to taks the plunge. I just have a few.. question, concers, and ideas I would like to share with you OC+ and DM red(going to be using both i believe) guru's and hope you can comment or share the your thoughts with me. And I would like to through out major respect to the few people that have done this i have read almost this entire thread over the last 3 days have not quite finished it but my notepad is to full to go further at this moment until i get some things cleared up. Doc, Irish, Vape ( i know their was a few others i did not mention, and I am sorry but these are the journals i have read through more thurowly.. i know i spelled that wrong.) and just want to take a minute and say thank you in advance for exploring this new technique in growing my favorite plant :D

First my questions.

1. I see the OC+ is very tempature dependent. In your success/expirements what seems to be the "ideal" temp to have going in your room?
2. Since I am doing this in HB's and I would really like to keep the design the same, and not go 100% perlite do you see any advantages/disadvantages to using Hempy's orignal design.
3. I still have alot of this Koolbloom liquid and dry, is it plausible that i can use this succesfully throught the grow in extreme moderation?
4. I tested my water TA and the strip i used was for aquariums, but it has the alkalinity color tab on it as well so i believe it is what i am looking for because it has the ph on it aswell, my TA reading was i am going to say aroun 60? Is this good to be able to just add tap water and nothing else?
5. my PH comming out of the tap is roughly 7.4-8 sometimes, should i pH this down to 6.0? I have no problem doing this have plenty of pH down left and a very nice bluelab ph pen.
6. This is directed more towards Vapedogg, have you by chance found the "sweet" spot for utilizing the OC+ and DM red? what ratio would you try first without knowing the strain yet

BREAK --- Btw I am currently growing out 8 NL x BB from Dr. Atomic his Blueberry Jam, and i believe that she may be nute sensative, and I am growing Annestisia which from the grower i got the cut from is nute sensative aswell.

Concers.... Well none actually this seems damn well idiot proof which is great for me... What can I say I have my moments :p

IDEAS

1. The first idea I came up with from hearing how much the plants grown in the OC+ get rootbound quick, and I am only going to be vegging for around 4 weeks and want to start veg right in the 5 gallon bucket with a clone... Now if I have to hand water everyday till they hit the bottom... thats fine but What if i were to put a wick at the bottom of the bucket, not like the dutch do and have it hanging outside the bucket and going up into it, but having it coil a bit in the the bottom 2" res and then as i am filling my bucket with my mix keep the wick going all the way up to the bottom of the roots. Would this help as far as still being able to veg as the roots grow down to the res and cut out the "up potting" my wife dreads it so much, I make a mess everytime.
1b. Another thing I though this might help with is a nice consistant moist medium, from what i have read and correct me if i am wrong, is that the CRF/TRF seem to do better with frequent small waterings over fewer waterings? Is this whole wicking hempy bucket a good idea to jump start my vegging time?

2.. I lied this is my only idea that i have come up with that might improve the method with these ferts and maybe it will work, maybe it wont but before i start i would deffinatly like some educated guesses :)

And again, ty to everyone that reads and responds to my rant of questions. I will probably come up with a few over the next few days as i am waiting for my DM red and osmocote plus to come in the mail -...-

Thanks!

Thatoneguy

Nobody :( i know im new but... Gimme a chance lol!
And i have officially read the whole thread, and see that some people were having pretty good luck running a wick system with soil and coco. Not the way i dscribed above but none the less same concept. Just wodering if the way im invisioning this will work... Brain is starting to hurt need to take a puff and sleep lol

Thatoneguy.

tharoneguy91

You just posted at 430AM. Give us a chance to wake up before expecting a response, lol

I can't answer all your questions, but from my experience, I have used the OC+ alone and OC+ with DMR with good success.

I can't remember the correct ratios for sure, but I think it was something like a equal amounts of OC+ and DMRed per recommended dose.

Supposedly it doesn't hurt to go a little on the heavy side of the dosage.

I have used them in both hempy/perlite and soil with good results.

You can always try an OC+ and one DMRed separately and one with 50/50 and do a comparison grow and find out which one suits your grow method best.

Thank you for replying Hash, I do appreciate it. Sorry if I came off a little antsy I'm very excited to get thia grow up and running and want to maje sure i have all my affairs in order so i dont get caught with my trousers down lol!

I guess i will try with the OC+ on its own first, then throw in a DM red, and theb see how they do together.

Did you notice that your plabts did better with frequent watering keepibg the medium moist, or did tgey do wekl getting a little dried out betweeb waterings? Did you ever pH the tap going into the hempies?

Again thank you for the response

Well you have to water more often at first until the tap root reaches the reservoir at the bottom.

Then every few days depending on how the big the plant is and how hungry she gets.

I only checked my tap water one time and it was within range. My hempy got straight tap water all the time with no problem at all.

Now I allow my water to sit in a 5 gal bucket for a few days with 2 air stones in it. My plants seem to love that. I haven't tested again since I am in soil.

If I do a hempy again, I will try to incorporate a gauge of sorts to know the water level in the reservoir. Something like I have used in my past soil grows for drainage.

If you make a 2 inch riser on the side of the bucket, it is the same as drilling a hole at the 2 inch mark. You could leave it even longer and lower it (simple twisting of the riser tubes elbow) as needed until you hit the 2 inch mark. ie. When I watered my soil buckets I would leave it in the up position, which is about 4 or 5 inches. After watering I let the buckets set for 20-30 minutes to soak up what they need, then I turn them downwards to drain the bucket.

Everyone. including me, that starts with a hempy can't believe it's simplicity and want to reinvent it, but I think this might be one of the more practical variations besides the hole at 2 inches. It might take the guess work out of wundering if there is still water in the reservoir. That I myself will try when I do another hempy.

Placing a normal pot with drainage holes in a 2 inch saucer is a crude hempy if you don't want to drill holes in any buckets. And it also allows you to see how much water is available.

I know I have posted this before, but here is what I used made. That's a 1/2 drip irrigation fitting. I forget the size of the whole you need to drill and the grommet size. That's from instructions for a home made aqua farm I made once. I think it might be a 5/8 hole and a 7/8 grommet. Makes it nice and water tight.
drain2.jpg

I'm not sure how much a wick would help. I guess if you placed it down in the reservoir and had it to the height at the bottom of the root ball. It might help a bit.

It might also make the root lazy and not search out the water at the bottom as fast.

Do a side by side and see what happens.

If you use the riser tube like I describe above, you can make it as high enough to be just below the root ball and lower it a bit each day. or you may see the water drop daily just by consumption. Depends on how big the plant you put in there is. Then after you see the water level hit below 2 inches, swap out the long tube for a 2 inch one and your at hempy height.

I like the idea, i might have to try one of each! Shit this grow is going to be allot of experimenting i believe.

Here is my theory about the wick in a hempy.

First soil, if growing in soil you dont have a rez at all, the soil holds all the moisture and the plant tajes the moisture when it needs it correct? So would this be considered lazy roots? Technicaly tge soil acts as a natural wick on its own in a sense? Im nit sure im not an expert in any means that just seems like it makes sense to me.

Second, going back to the thoughts of dwc and how the roots live in the water, i suppose the roots wouldnt need to grow anynore after thwy hit the res under the net pot but they do.

Im just going to have to give this a try i think abd i will let you know how it works. I really like the idea with the tube you are talking about, im just trying to go for KISS in this project with the lowedt amount of effort to exert and still have good results so we wil just have to see.

Sounds like i will actually have to put up a journal for tgis grow. Im not sure if i should ibclude the blueberry jam or not but hell why not? They can be my first test subjects with my wicking idea.

Thank you for all the input Hash i hope you will follow my journal when i start it, your input and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thatoneguy.

thatoneguy91

I just had another idea this afternoon for another type bucket, but not necessarily a hempy.

Using the same homer bucket with the drain and riser tube, but adding a plastic colander.

It needs just a little trim and it fits perfect in a 5 gl bucket.

Or using a bucket without a hole, maybe a 3/4 or 1 inch tube inside the bucket reaching through the colander and adding few plastic straws linked with a float at the bottom showing the water level. Similar to the riser in a DIY aquafarm. Basically makes it a pot with a reservoir in it. And allow air to get to the bottom of the media.

One with bigger handles would sit right on the top of a bucket and be used for an easy DWC bucket.

Colander.jpg

Thats an awsome idea! I gotta get some more supplies together lol. So i transfered all my seedlings to hempy/oc+, some of them are really starting to yeklow :/ i hope they perk up lol im gunna top dress them with some more oc+ hopefully take cThatoneguyare of this :0 and thanks again for some more usefull ideas hash! Love it!

Should i start a journal?

Thatoneguy

Sure, start your own journal.

Did you mix your OC+ throughout the media, or did you place it at the 2 inch level? If at the 2 inch level, they will green up when the roots hit the OC+.

Back
Top Bottom