Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

I posted this in my thread, Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit but since some many of you may never visit there, I thought it was worth repeating here.

Even though it is not OC+, it is still a CRF and might be of interest to some.

I stumbled upon a nice deal at Big Lots today.

Dynamite Organic for $2 a bottle.

Not sure when I'll use it, but definitely for the veggies in buckets this summer.

I would love to try it in one of the plants in the room, but between high brix and my friend wanting to try BPN, it may be a while before I use it.

Dynamite was bought by Black Gold back in 2009. I'm not sure if they ended up at Big Lots from old stock from another store, or they are now being produced new. I emailed the company to confirm. If it's all that will be available, I will buy a bunch of them for that price, if not and it works well I hope I will be able to by more in the future.

Here is the data from the website. Any opinion Doc?

ORGANIC ALL PURPOSE 10-2-8
THE ONLY OMRI CERTIFIED PLANT FOOD GUARANTEED TO LAST UP TO 3 MONTHS
An OMRI Certified organic plant food with balanced rates of NPK + micros produce more fruits and vegetables, larger blooms, and greener foliage organically.

. Provided 3 Months of Continuous Feeding and Growth
. Contains Essential Micronutrients and Calcium for Optimal Growth
. Contains no sludge or manures, urea nitrogen free
. Available in 1.25 pound bottles

GROW GREEN WITH DYNAMITE ORGANIC AND DELIVER OPTIMAL GROWTH

A blend of various plant and animal meals that are a balance of sugars, starches, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. These meals contain essential natural amino acids, chelated secondary elements, vitamins and enzymes. The all natural ingredients in Dynamite supply the food energy that increases the number of natural microbes found in the soil, as well as provide the basic nutrients needed for plant growth, which improve quality. The slow Microbal release rate of Dynamite promotes excellent efficiency as well as excellent color, density and even growth.

A BETTER PRODUCT FOR GREEN GARDENING

. Contains no sludge or manures, Urea nitrogen free.
. Builds root mass and stress tolerance.
. Minimizes top growth.
. Reduces thatch.
. Enhances disease and water management
. Safe for children and pets.

THE ONLY ADVANCED 3 MONTH ORGANIC CONTINUOUS SLOW-RELEASE PLANT FOOD

. OMRI listed and is allowed under NOP guidelines validating its use in the production of organic crops.
. One easy application lasts up to 3 months. Reduces the need for frequent applications and maximizes fertility efficiency.
. 100% natural and organic homogenized fertilizer - balanced feeding without excessive growth
. Excellent blooming and color on ornamentals
. Improves soil structure and allows oxygen and moisture to penetrate the soil impacting overall water management effectiveness.
. Contains humus as a soil conditioner which improves Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC)
. Improves the structure for tolerance during heat and drought conditions.

Osmocote Plus is NO MORE!!

I noticed that OC+ was out of stock at Amazon and a couple other online outlets, so I queried the folks at Scott's and they confirmed that OC+ is being discontinued. Dynamite would be my next choice, I've never tried the organic, but have used the red & purple, without any complaints.

I do think that the sale of Fox Farms to Scotts went through, I've haven't been able to find any definitive info but the FF site has changed and they no longer brag about being an independent family run business. So my guess is that within the next few months we'll see the same product with a new name on a Fox Farms label at twice the price.

OC+ is gone? I guess that's why I couldn't find it in the store. :blalol:

I remembered seeing folks talking about Osmocote. Since I am trying a few outdoor plants this year, I decided to give it a try. It was becoming a major PITA to mix up nutes to haul out to them. I'd rather just deliver water. Anyway.... so I went looking for Osmocote. I didn't see any +, but I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking for. They had 2 kinds, I got the 14-14-14 (I think that's the #s, they are all the same) flavor. They definitely have greened up and look better, but now I'm wondering what I'm missing from the "Plus" part?

What if I get a hold of some Azomite? I'm guessing the "Plus" refers to the micronutrients. Should I give them a little calmag perhaps?

Hiker,

Do a search for Dynamite plant food. It's similar and I have used it before with no problems.

I have used it with about 2/3 OC+ and 1/3 Dynamite red mixed with good results.

I think Peters makes something called Clasicote.

This year I am using Dynamite Organic for a few outdoors and I'll see how they turn out.

I have definitely notice I enjoy my organically grown pot better than any chemical fert grown stuff. Not that it's bad, but I feel better over all. I sometime get a very uneasy feeling about 10 mins after smoking chemical pot. It feels like I am freezing from the inside out. Organic for me for now on.

I also talked to the Scotts people today and they confirmed that they did discontinue the OC+; however some stores may still have some. I will also be trying The DM now. That is hilarious that you feel like you are freezing from the inside out Hash. I once felt like I was turning into lead from the feet up the first time I had an edible. I was at the Monterey Aquarium looking at their tuna tank. That was a great day :)

Well I spoke to the Dr and he said about the cold feeling, welcome to old age.

However I do get a real weird feeling sometime when I smoke NON organic pot. It is almost like I shake on the inside. My hands look steady enough but inside they are trembling.

I have been smoking organic or brix pot for the last few grows and I enjoy smoking so much more.

Some of my older buds I have that weren't grown organically give me that weird shaky feeling. Almost to the fact of not enjoying smoking them.

No one else seems to notice anything strange when smoking the chemically grown bud, but I am limiting my intake of anything but organic bud.

I wonder why they took OC+ off the market?

Well I spoke to the Dr and he said about the cold feeling, welcome to old age.

However I do get a real weird feeling sometime when I smoke NON organic pot. It is almost like I shake on the inside. My hands look steady enough but inside they are trembling.

I have been smoking organic or brix pot for the last few grows and I enjoy smoking so much more.

Some of my older buds I have that weren't grown organically give me that weird shaky feeling. Almost to the fact of not enjoying smoking them.

No one else seems to notice anything strange when smoking the chemically grown bud, but I am limiting my intake of anything but organic bud.

I wonder why they took OC+ off the market?

That is very interesting, have you ever done a blind comparison to see if you can really tell the difference? I wonder what ingredient it is that is making you feel that way. Thankfully you discovered High Brix!

I have no idea why they took OC+ off the market, perhaps not enough people were buying it? Or maybe the micronutrients were making it less profitable for them. I look forward to getting into high brix and not having to worry about it. I am at the point now, that I really wish I had more to do with my plants. I think I may do hydro just so I have more work silly as that sounds. I have been away from work for a while because of an injury, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Work can be very consuming. It is easy to lose sight of the important things.

Yes they are in 3 gallon pots already. My biggest seems to be indica dom. Just started get little bright yellow blocheson only the big leafs?? Is this a deffiecny already its only been about 3 weeks or so? Im using fox farmOF. Will it go back to green?

Why do you want to switch from the Fox Farm in the middle of a grow?

If you do top dress, just try to get some deep. Even if you make a few deep holes with a stick and toss a few prills in. Then scratch some in to the top. You really don't need a lot of OC+. 1 tbsp per gallon if I remember.

I dont want to switch my soil i just have vibrant yellow blotches on my fan leaves. Would fox farm already be running low on nutes in the soil after 4 weeks of veg? and from problems ive seen on other threads i think i have a mag deff... Idk it seems it may be a number of things. Could my light be doing this? The tips arent burnt at all just the yellow vibrant blotches on fan leaves. Can i get somones 2 cents on this?

for starters, 1.5 feet is on the safe side so I don't see that as a problem. I have my 600W 1.5 feet. You could probably go 1 ft with that light.

on the plant, I thought you were using FF nutes. Are you using FF soil and not adding nutes? If so, I would use a liquid nute for a quick pick up

So i am newb.. What should my liqiud nutes NPK percentages be to fix yellowing spots? Its spreading throught the bottom2 fan leafs? Just those 2 oldest leafs not the newr leafs... Should i pick em off and just be done with it or what? I mean i dont want too... But if its a diease it may spread. There in veg 4 weeks along... Im using Fox Farm OCean Forest. 3 gallon buckets. Put about a tbls of osmocote+ on topsoil. Been watering extra. No ventalation. Only a high speed fan on low blowing on them. Temps high 80's. 250 w hps about a ft away. Humidy is around mid 40's... What should the NPK Be? And what other elements should it have? I need it to stop but i know the leaves wont go back to green but how can i stop it from spreading. If i need to flush can you include directions?

Disclaimer... Just curiuos. Thank you for the knowlege. SRH Reunit!

Plus i found out that if you use human urine diluted for a liquid nute it works. I used about 3 to 5 fl oz to 3/4 gallon. Should i perform a flush if you guys think thats it? I know its an uncontolled unknown nute but i did read it was ok some where...

Some pics would help some in a diagnosis.

If they are the oldest lower leaves, I would just pull them off.

Yellowing isn't normally something that spreads like a disease, but is does spread if it is a deficiency.

The OC+ should help in a few days.

The percent of nutes ratio is a confusing one. A Miracle Gro product might be 15-30-15 and a bottled liquid might be like 2-1-1 and they may both work. Don't read a lot into the numbers unless you are deciding between a grow and flower nute.

Maybe even try a bit of epsom salt to green them up. When I first started growing and using OC+, other than the OC+, a dose of epsom was all they needed.

Back
Top Bottom