Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

It worked great in veg through mid flower, then the plants started to get weird spots, but I'm attributing that to the Strawberry Fields I was using. Every plant I used SF with had problems of unexplained deficiencys.

Plants where I used it mixed half dose along with half dose DrE Bud and Bloom with the other soils worked good,

I still haven't tried it for hempy yet.

Expensive, but might be worth the cost if you have a need to cover 25,000 to 50,000 square feet (possibly in multiple batches).

Hi there, can anybody help me. Its on the subject of the OC+. I couldnt find any of that for love nor money here in Spain so i opted for Nutricote which i saw earlier in the post the Doc says is basically the same. its a 10-10-18 will this serve me for vegging and flowering? I hope so as i bought a 25kg sack of it!! Any tips welcome, im gonna be growing in a 4x4 with a 640w Led samsung LM301B, LM301H and Osram 660nm, Scrog. If not does anyone know an equivalent to the Osmocote plus as it seems theyve discontinued it in Europe, cheers. P.S the plants are gonna be vegging the whole lenght of the flowering period of the last ones so 11-12 weeks, im gonna go fresh with seeds every cycle probably as im only doing a couple each time, any tips on good strains for this set up? Thanks again.

Ive used Osmocote for almost 10yrs now but never used Nutricote before, I looked it up and I like the different duration times don't think you'd want to use the 360 or 180 day stuff. Did you get the product with the micro-nutes?
I've found that OC works extremely well in hempy buckets. I'll be harvesting my late winter grow this upcoming week, and the plants look great. Best of luck with the Nutricote.

Yeah i got the 5-6 month one but thats ok coz im gonna be vegging the new ones from seed while the others are flowering so theyll get a 10 week veg then a 10-11 week flower which is about right. I mean how clever actually is this stuff? It claims to know when and how much nute to give the plant when it needs it?? Yeah i got the one with all the macros and chelated bits Nutricote Total T100-K 10-10-18+2Mg+m.e. 25 kg Its written in Hungarian and it says potting plants but i dont know if that makes any difference looking at the NPK of it. Im gonna get 4 quality seeds and run them all in different mediums to see what comes out best, id love to get my hands on some OC+ if im honest but can only find that particular one in USA. What do y think?

I'm sure that both products use very similar technology. For yrs I operated my grows very similar to the way your going. With a veg box in the grow rm using clones from previous grow or new seeds for the full flower duration. I found the easiest way to do this was to veg in 1/2gal soil pots then transfer into either 2gal or 3.5gal hempy buckets. My current 2gal hempy grow is at least 50% soil and it looks great (IMHO).

P1090684.JPG

Looks like your link was mangled. Try this:

EDIT: Okay, I see - you somehow appended "/journal" to it in your post.

Looks like your link was mangled. Try this:

EDIT: Okay, I see - you somehow appended "/journal" to it in your post.
Thank you. I did get the link fixed.

This has been a great thread to read through, but I'm still at a loss for what the recommended quantity to use for cannabis is? (and whether or not that amount changes based on the type of substrate being used).

I grow in SIP buckets/totes using Sunshine Mix #4, and supplement with MegaCrop in the "reservoir". I'd love it if I could switch to just straight RO water and let the OC+ take care of the rest, but the last time I checked their application rates for container plants, it was something like 2-3grams per liter of substrate, which I believe differs from most here. That application amount would give me roughly the following per 5gal bucket:

Screenshot_20220812-114521_Edge.jpg

A bit high in N as many have already mentioned, but who am I to say what works when dealing with slow release nutes...

This has been a great thread to read through, but I'm still at a loss for what the recommended quantity to use for cannabis is? (and whether or not that amount changes based on the type of substrate being used).

I grow in SIP buckets/totes using Sunshine Mix #4, and supplement with MegaCrop in the "reservoir". I'd love it if I could switch to just straight RO water and let the OC+ take care of the rest, but the last time I checked their application rates for container plants, it was something like 2-3grams per liter of substrate, which I believe differs from most here. That application amount would give me roughly the following per 5gal bucket:

Screenshot_20220812-114521_Edge.jpg

A bit high in N as many have already mentioned, but who am I to say what works when dealing with slow release nutes...

I use a ratio of 1 1/2 tbs / gal of medium. In a 2gal hempy I'll use 3 slightly rounded tbs. When growing pot you need more than the recommended container amount, because it's rate of growth is much higher than your normal houseplant.

I'd love it if I could switch to just straight RO water and let the OC+ take care of the rest

You'd probably need to add calcium; I'm pretty sure that Osmocote Plus is formulated based on the assumption that its users will be using tap water (which tends to have a good bit of Ca in it).

By the way, with that Sunshine Mix #4, do you add any extra lime to it so that the pH buffering ability doesn't begin to fade at some point in the third month? I think I read something about that, but it would have been more than five years ago - and I wasn't using either Sunshine Mix #4 or the (apparently?) more premium Sunshine Advanced Mix #4, so didn't really pay attention.

I use a ratio of 1 1/2 tbs / gal of medium. In a 2gal hempy I'll use 3 slightly rounded tbs. When growing pot you need more than the recommended container amount, because it's rate of growth is much higher than your normal houseplant.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to apply it at a greater rate when using small containers (e.g., two-liter bottles)?

Back
Top Bottom