Our Ongoing Grows

Hey Woody...I have used H2O2 in the past, but as a way to promote a boost of O2, as well as a preventative against pests...I never had a problem with pests, but since discontinuing that practice, I haven't had pests either...so I can't say it's effective, but it doesn't hurt the plants as long as it is diluted...if memory serves, I think like a 1:10 ratio with water...Good Luck Bud!...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

sorry woody I hate them fffs ive had to deal with them a few times once they get into the soil it gets a lot harder to get rid of them I keep fans blowing across the tops of the the pots don't let them get comfortable I have 5 fans going they hate my room,ive never done the peroxide treatment but I have seen it done without to much problem your kinda like dammed if you dammed if you don't good luck bud!:(

Well as a spray,,, them suckers are dropping like well flies................ I mean 80% are history.

High-end USD Choice Hillbilly Steak Sandwiches... I don't mean bologna either... Crispy fried Spam on soft white bread with some Velveeta Cheese.

Well, I did F-up on acouple plants in flower this time. The Dogwreck got shorted water one night. And she was closest to the light which gave her alittle sunburn,,, like the Peyote Cookie. They ok,,, just wasn't optimum. The Dogwreck has fluffy sativa buddage and got real tall fast. Almost three times her height by the time she stopped growing. Right now I'm just glad they are ready and that makes that many less to clean up. If they are back in force tomorrow night,,,, I'm going down to Walgreens. That peroxide suppose to kill larvae and eggs on contact. And after drenching, I'm going to blast these SOB with acouple HO Fans which will send them acouple blocks away...... But as a spray,, so far looks promising..........

This CSS has a bit of Sensi Star appearance, which is a good thing. My SS seems like she's finally happy, last feeding had probably something to do with it. You should be happy with HSO beans. Almost everything from them is very strong, yields well and gives killer buds. I grew their Trainwreck and Green Crack, both top notch smoke. Black Dog is on my list.

Woody said:
I also plan on trying that LED light I won in that contest. It's big enough to do 4X4 easily. They paired it with a 5X5 tent, it's the Mars 1600 pro 2. I plan on putting a 1000 watt HPS on one side and the LED of the other. I can leave 2 feet space between the footprints which should be enough separation to get an idea what I like better. Be the first time this old dog is going to try a new trick?

GL Ya'll

Cookies are looking pretty darn good there bud.

That Mars lamp is a big one bud... jay-sus... thing must weigh 30#s?? I used a 1200 for a while. It was a beast. Grown me some good flowers too. I ran that sucker till it started burning out LEDs, and ran it some more. Started heating up on me so I had to retire it.

You should be happy with yours. Those Mars lamps seem to grow some pretty frosty plants. I've always been happy with the output/result.

I was using the 1200 on my Black Dog run a while back. I think that was the shortest time I held onto a stash of flowers.

G/L with your next round and all the little girls. Sounds like you have overflow in VEG. All good best of the best get to move on.

Say "HI" :hug: to Miss J.. from the 420mag fam!

Edit: fungus gnats - kill em with a fan... they cant fly very well so if you put some wind on em they cant find their way back to the soil to lay eggs.

The fly traps are fucking poison and they gas off that shit so save your money.
The peroxide works but it will also kill your micro-herd. If you wanna use it, spray the top of the soil and don't soak it ... the larvae are very close to the surface so spraying with a spray bottle is enough.

OR just turn up the fans a notch and sit back take a puff and watch those fvckers die,
die fvcks die... (I'm cheering you and the wind on).

Gotta be careful what I wish for, tornado watch in effect here... meh. Won't have any fungus gnats in our veggie gardens for a few weeks. Problems solved.

Well I want to wish all the Mom's out there a Great Mothers Day

Everything is looking green, as always, NCW! :welldone:
Sorry to hear about that batch of clones you lost when the pump went (were you able to save any?).
Also, reading your note about re-veg made me think and, if I knew the answer to this question, I've long forgotten it...

If you hermie and otherwise "stable" plant from a re-veg, do you think the clones from that plant would also be likely to hermie, since it was the environment that caused it to hermie and not genetics? Or, do you think once it's hermied, the biological change would cause the clones to be more likely to hermie?

I hate to return after a long absence with a question that gives you a headache, but it's your fault for making that post in the first place! :D

Love to you & Miss J and hope you're both doing well!
:circle-of-love:

Stable strains shouldn't hermie. Once the genetics are solid the breeder should flower in stressful environments to affirm the stability. I was talking to a dude last week that flowers in the 90s to ensure the strain is good. Sadly, most American breeders aren't as practiced at this art...

Lookie what the cat drug in???????????????? Damn Been awhile

Well, I did a drench with Azamax which seems to cut them down abit. I also put two of my high-velocity fans at ground level and will blast them suckers. Hope they all get a concussion when they hit the wall. But I seem to be winning

Stable strains shouldn't hermie. Once the genetics are solid the breeder should flower in stressful environments to affirm the stability. I was talking to a dude last week that flowers in the 90s to ensure the strain is good. Sadly, most American breeders aren't as practiced at this art...

Wait... I thought 90s was the norm :oops:

Hey Woody hows it going? Missed ya again this weekend. I been busy a lot too. Hope you and yours are well. Dude this Peyote Cookies is a beast. Got big on me quick with one shot of fish emulsion. Real Green gal. Kicking the BDs ass but we will have to wait for the smoke report before I say it's better than BD. Did you clone the PC? Seems like you wood have.

Anyways I am sure we will catch up soon.

Cheers friend,

90's is not my favorite temps for sure. But I've been there... But even the most stable strain can flip on ya with natural stresses. Not just temps, but waterings and light changes, revegging lots of stresses that could flip them. But I agree,,, breeders release strains they claim stable, the same year they were produced..... without working with them to really even know if they are stable.. Takes time and space. Which we hope they did already??? That's what we pay for,, But hell most of them are already genetically altered. I my own feeling are fem seeds are already prone to that possibility. But hell they are easier.

Of course, I'm keeping a Peyote Cookie. I cut 4 of them for Miller and mine. So IF it's any good,, we'll see. Mine had a ruff time this round so I'll have to lookie at yours too. I let her dry out abit once and the sun leaves all dried up,, well most. So I know she isn't all she can be.. My Bad...... I seen what you got and she is looking good.

Speaking of temps,,,, I've got 81 and dropping. Been warm here. Like 90 out there the other day. I sure got lucky with my air intake. Under the house,, the air is nice and cool. But I still had to take out both big lights and put up the 1000 watters. If I had both 1500 watters going,, my temps high wood have hit 90.

Going to be interesting using that LED this summer. I'm thinking of cutting like 8-10 puppies and try the light and looks like Remo Nutrients, BTW thanks guys for that gift, sent me enough fert's to give it a try for a round. I know I should do a compare with it,,, but I hate having to mix a bunch of separate ferts.

I found a guy who sells these 30-gallon barrels with a super heavy duty valve on it. He wants 40 bucks for it. Me being me,, tried to get a deal with a nice perk of a 1/4 oz I had with me,, so I hit him up. And he pulled out about a 1/2 oz of his stash. Well,, I didn't get the barrel. But now I wish I did. It wood be so much easier to mix enough fert's for acouple watering at a time over the 5 gallons I do now. Come summer I use a wheel barrel that holds 30 gallons.
Well I'm off to mix a drink and watch the TV for a minute. Then piddle with the plants. Should have a puppy coming out soon, along with the Cookies. The fans are helping alot,,, or is it I just can't see the sucker with all that wind in there. GL all

Wellllllllllllll I did take a plant out for abit of TLC. A strain called Purple Envy. I grew one of these over the winter and had 'high' hopes for something with a flash of color..... Well weed is good. And I grew it right,, so I think she was all she could be. But NO purple to her. Can't judge by one grow tho. Come down to stability? I think alot of seed breeders use the word different phenos abit to loosely. A cover for unstabilized genetics. It's not like they cube it like a C-99? Now if it was 100% stable,,, she'd be purple like the color they were trying to achieve. I mean she was lime green,, and I had low temps too boot? Now I do have to say the weed is decent. Or I woodn't be doing it again.

You know while I'm thinking about people stabilizing their strains,,, these people have it down to a science. A company is called Stoney Girl Gardens. Local peoples. But they do a small circuit, selling seeds, clones, flowers, consinstrates and RSO. Now they have a small dispensary here in Portland Or. Well not that small but anyways. They won alot of little awards here in State Cups, and even have afew strains listed in Big Book of Buds. They guy does tend to spread alittle crap about flowering times and THC levels,,, but don't they all?????? Least with what I use I haven't been able to flower a plant in 40 days. BUT,,, to defend the guy,,,, he does produce strains that 'finish' here. And I do have to harvest as a rule,, 1st or so of Oct, before that grey mold raises her ugly head. And to my main colas 90% of the time!!!! I 'try to keep my plants dry. But molds everywhere here. I do have my greenhouse,,, but that really don't mean alot. Unless I ran a closed loop, with purified air and CO2. But that's in a perfect world. I got a dirt-floored greenhouse with passive air for A/C . But that don't house but 2-3 larger plants,,, plus afew autos...... But it still gets mold.
SGG's plants finish strong Oct 1st. I mean done. That says ALOT about being fast. But here I am babbling,,, what he did was make a club... He gave peoples clones of plants there was working with,,, as long as they joined this Club called PittBull. Which is one of his strongest herbs damn near. But he'd get locals to grow them out with a report or the chance to get cuts from something interesting. But I just seen he changed that now that he's all legal and such. I still can't see how he gets done what he does. He grows all the meds for the store out on the farm' and acouple small greenhouse he has. But his plants are well acclimated for our weather here. A BIG plus. I do miss my Cripit''''''...

Back
Top Bottom