Our Ongoing Grows

Don't know what the problem was,,, but this last batch of clones took along time... Temps? Is atad warmer,,, but the water is about 75 degrees and my cloner does have a fan to exhaust warm air. BUT I got 20 outta 26 cuts survival. Most them are for Miller. And I still have one larger mother plant of Black Dog out there I plan on cutting up tomorrow. Maybe 12 cuts. I want to try this side by side this summer with Black Dog. I know it is a cooler temp plant and coming into summer. I want to see if I light a 4X4 - 5X5 patch with LED and another 5X5 with a 1000 watt HPS. Will be a small overlap but hell,,, isn't a clinical side by... But I should see a temp reduction, and trichome enriched? One side will be predominantly either LED/HPS. With clones of the same age and all that...

BTW I still got these damn gnats. I'm keeping the population down. But I want them history. So I'm going to get some H2O2. I hear it was great?

Wood... gonna get mold unless you treat them even with LED. LED isn't different in that department, I bet you better with HID - drys shit up more. You get 90+F and 80RH days in summer? If you're growing outdoors wood be a problem, indoors gotta have AC or a de-humidifier but that gets hot.

You can try one of those hand held UV lights 1x a week - ever try that? The light they use to purify water and kill bacteria, I think it works on mold spores too.

I ran them Doggies in the summer before. I didn't do anything at the end of the run, gambled of fatty colas, let go em 10 or so days too long. Had to toss some good weed, not all of it thankfully but enough.

Your call you know. Gotta try it.

On the LED - I've grown several rounds with the Mars lamps like you have. I used a 1200 II and a 900 II gen for a while. They get warm. They grow good weed. You will get good penetration. NOT as good as a 1K or 1.5K HID... prolly 12" colas. Of all the lower cost LEDs I've ran they are the best.

Yeah I figure if the bar is in my living room it's hard to get a DUI on the way up the stairs. Worst case I sleep on the couch..

Hey about those gnats. The h202 did them away for me pretty quickly.

That ^^^ N keep my troubles way far away. Just try not to trip going up the stairs. Moved our bedroom to the 1st floor. I fell a few times being stupid. Moderation now unless weed. Stopped buying bottles of whiskey. I'm part Scottish so that whiskey drinking in my blood. I guess permanently. I tried vodka with my Russian wife.. 1 time. Don't get started with that shit and Russians unless u ready for face plant.

Gnats are there because soil is wet on surface. 2 sided sword... plants need water gnats need water. H2o2 will work but it also kills the good microbes. Spray soil surface, dont water in with it. Not going to really hurt microbes unless you water in full strength. Do like a 1:5 ratio H2o2 to water into a spray bottle should do it. I started adding neem cake to my soil and never had any issues after that. Just be glad they are gnats and not the other fvck borg.

I saw mites outside in the garden - they are everywhere now soon to be followed by PM. At least I have a few months before the PM thing starts here. I seriously don't know how the outdoor growers do it.

They're using some sort of black magic Mr brown lmfao....

Yeah I like that spray bottle idea for the larvae!

Those bushes look sweet there woody. I think that light you have is big enough that you'll get some heat from it. Maybe just situate it so the fan blows across the Mars over to the HID. I think that would help the moist air dry out a tad. I got the mold on a nice fat top and snipped it. Lots of folks telling me it's all about airflow sp I stuck a box fan on them and let it RIP... never saw any fuzz again. But I also am kinda OCD and spotted it early.

Hope the kids in the backyard are getting some good Ray's latley.

Thanks, peoples. And welcome Dynamo,,,,, Looks like the gnats are gone from my outdoor plants. They just needed air and a drying out.

We all going to have a gnat or two if you grow in soil and organics additives. Acouple are ok and won't hurt a plant... But the youngins,,,, a gnat can hurts them small roots and it will show on the seedlings... But unless you have ALOT it won't hurt a larger plant GL

We all going to have a gnat or two if you grow in soil and organics additives. Acouple are ok and won't hurt a plant... But the youngins,,,, a gnat can hurts them small roots and it will show on the seedlings... But unless you have ALOT it won't hurt a larger plant GL
one of the reasons I hate those is they get stuck all over the sticky buds gross I aint toking gnats,but wait can we get high on them lol!

Thanks Sticky,,

But I about got rid of all the gnats. Nothing better than Mother Nature. I still have afew. I wonder if that last potting soil I had which was wet, had eggs in it. I had to buy from a regular store that had them on pallets all winter. They are mostly on my small plants outdoors. Nothing with blooms on them yet..

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my journal here. As long as I've been here,,,, I go thru a ebb and flow type journal..

But I'll try to keep it agoing. Right now I'm abit behind on my outdoor shit. I have about 8 or 10 of those fast versions from Sweet Seeds going. Nothing worth getting pics of right now,,, but I will be taking a plant out of the flower room tonight to give a once over and tie up as needed. I'll get a pic or two then

Thanks Sticky,,

But I about got rid of all the gnats. Nothing better than Mother Nature. I still have afew. I wonder if that last potting soil I had which was wet, had eggs in it. I had to buy from a regular store that had them on pallets all winter. They are mostly on my small plants outdoors. Nothing with blooms on them yet..

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my journal here. As long as I've been here,,,, I go thru a ebb and flow type journal..

But I'll try to keep it agoing. Right now I'm abit behind on my outdoor shit. I have about 8 or 10 of those fast versions from Sweet Seeds going. Nothing worth getting pics of right now,,, but I will be taking a plant out of the flower room tonight to give a once over and tie up as needed. I'll get a pic or two then
your welcome bud,i have had them import from soil I have purchased so it does happen,i think most of us drift in and out of our journals imo you should do whats comfortable for you no stress,im looking forward to your poolside pics have a good one woody!:smokin:

I been threatening to do smaller grows... I'm almost sure I got these bags from Fred Myers Garden thing. They were the bottom of the pallet that was stored in the rain afew times. Today I got new,,, fresh and dry soil. And I was pulling the wheelbarrow out and looked close and they was gnats in it. Well I dumped the shit on the patio and going to let it bake for afew days before I f with it. Rinsed it out and started with fresh dirt. I had my starts in 1-gallon pots so I raked off the top inch or two and buried them deep. If they live thru this shit,,, I'm going with a inch of sand and afew clay pebbles to keep from flushing away the sand when watering.

But I do have afew of them fast versions started out there. I'll probably only do 6 or 7 out there. But I do have these plans for inside. And afew autos that I'll plug them as they come out. Strains let that Ultra Lemon Haze auto and a GG OG auto.
Also got that Red Desiel going out there.. So in a month or so if you want that one Fish,,, save the seed. I'll get ya a cut.

Ok I did get off my lazy ass... I figure some people might think I really ain't growing any weeds..... But I do have afew. Just one at a time. Here's a Swiss Kunk from Feminized Seeds. I grew this before and people loved it. I don't have any cuts of this one,,, but this one looks just like the last I grew.... Cept I topped this one acouple extra times, hence going to have a nice yield of good herbs... BTW Miller you have this one in them cuts I sent over........

:thumb::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom