Our Veggie Gardens!

got some bees to install. 6 more

DSCN33891.JPG

Envy!!!! I've always dreamed of lavender honey. Good for you DrZiggy.

Pooppy diapers... good to know.. I'll call comfrey an outdoors summer brew

Really easy to press. A press is actually the preferred method of processing. Quick and efficient, but smelly as all get out. I made my press out of nested 16 oz bottles (small grow), using small gravel in the top one for weight. Easy to find directions on line. At some point I need to do a tutorial.

That is too fucking funny. Jesus. I really almost pissed myself.

Here I am, sitting on a busy corner waiting for a bus, laughing my ass off!!!

Dutty, that's a nice slice of paradise you and the missus have.

subbing, can we all just share out veggie and farm stuff in here? I've been micro farming for a few years now, and this is great stuff. Wish I had a green house, have a space for it, but just havent gotten around to transplanting the wild rasberry that the previous owner pretty much let run wild and took over. When I do get around to it, i'll build it over to the left of the raised garden bed. That garden has 8x 4x8x12 raised garden beds.

We have 9 egg layers and every year we raise enough meat birds and turkey's to last us all year. I have 52 meat birds and 7 turkeys on the way now! It's still to cold here at night to start gardening though for those of us in zone 4 and lower.(1 christmas, 1 thanksgiving and 5 that get ground up into ground turkey). I have a huge raised garden plot that i square foot garden in, and I just opened up a new garden bed this year I plan to do 3 sisters in(Corn, Squash, Pole Beans). The 3 sisters garden bed was the result of winter collapsing the chicken run. The run was so big for free ranging but the earth had been perfectly permacultured by the chickens.. turned it up, added some peat, lime, and other goodies. I also just finished a herb spiral for my herb garden!

We also have a small maple syrup production and we make our own teas. Our ultimate goal is to live the homesteading life. If the only things I have to buy are wheat berries, rice, spices, and such I'll be a happy person!

Here's my little slice of heaven. I feel lucky to live in a decriminalized/medical state that is on the verge of legalization. Wish we would just do it already so I could go on and live the dream. We still don't have any dispensaries here yet. We were suppose to get some, but nothing yet. Dirt roads, in the mountains, lots of snow and long winters, but I couldn't live anywhere else.

What you see here is 2-3 years of work. There was nothing when we moved in. We add new animals or expand our capabilities with existing animals each year.. We started with 2 Turkeys and 20 Meat Birds.. This year we expanded to cover a years supply. We eventually will add sheep/goats, and pigs as well. We pretty much don't eat much red meat, and we have a friend who raises cattle who trades us for chicken and that supplies us for the year.

2015-05-10_15_10_11.jpg

Man you got it going on. Damn I'm jealous

Don't be, you got far better space than I do! I'm still working my way through your My Garden journal so i'll see you there too when I get done. I'll move over to that other thread, i just got excited when i got to page 61 and saw your veggie stuff and wanted to share!

It's defiantly a labor of love, and I hope it translates over to my new love.. I'm really digging it. Maybe i'll send you some syrup and tea since I'm learning so much from you. We have different styles of growing, but there is still plenty to be learned from you and I've learned a lot already.. back to reading enough side track! I'm organic through and through and don't use any bottled nutrients but you have already taught me a lot.

I think we'll I know I come off as an asshole. I kinda am to be honest. But I'm a very caring, giving individual and to be honest organic growing is amazing. I got tons of friends, neighbors and patients that do that 420 gardening an not. I think self sustainable living is my ultimate goal. But time my time to me especially is very important and expensive so I pay some random guys (house and garden) (doc bud) to do my work for me and get me it in bottle form. I do have enough know how and knowledge to do it myself. But in all reality my time is stretched very thin. I know that I may seem anti organic but I'm not. I just need results in quick form. It was originally a cancer grow my parents died. It then became a hobby grow then medical for multiple patients it has since evolved into a passion, career and lifestyle.

I think we'll I know I come off as an asshole. I kinda am to be honest. But I'm a very caring, giving individual and to be honest organic growing is amazing. I got tons of friends, neighbors and patients that do that 420 gardening an not. I think self sustainable living is my ultimate goal. But time my time to me especially is very important and expensive so I pay some random guys (house and garden) (doc bud) to do my work for me and get me it in bottle form. I do have enough know how and knowledge to do it myself. But in all reality my time is stretched very thin. I know that I may seem anti organic but I'm not. I just need results in quick form. It was originally a cancer grow my parents died. It then became a hobby grow then medical for multiple patients it has since evolved into a passion, career and lifestyle.

I knew this all to be true. At least you're a Porsche driving ass not as Mercedes driving ass. Bad joke, but I've seen your desire for organic growing and the passion.

This is just one of many phases in your walk with the earth. :)

Back
Top Bottom