Supergroomer's Indoor/Outdoor Veggie Garden

Dave Groomer

Hey all. I am starting an indoor veggie garden. I will be starting some plants to eventually be moved outside and I may keep some in the tents to fruition. Right now I have planted 24 Beefsteak tomato plants, 12 cherry tomato and 12 bell pepper. I am going to add carrots in 5 gallon pots and probably green beans.

Right now the plants are in 10oz Styrofoam cups in FFOF mixed with Promix BX. They are in a 3x3 Mars-Hydro tent with a Mars II 900. I also have a 2x2 tent with a Mars 400 that I have empty at the moment. I will post some pics later.

This is the first time I have grown veggies inside. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, any suggestions for other things that do well inside.

Thanks for stopping by, :circle-of-love::peace:

Careful with the LED. I had some Trip-L Crop tomatoes going that I stuck under one of my MII 400's a month ago. They bleached pretty quick. They had been under a 5' T5 at almost 520 watts, and about 10" away. The LED was all the way to the top of the 5 1/2' tent.

Starting under them may be different though.

Like the Beefsteak? I do too. Have 8 started. They are my BLT tomato. Mortgage Lifter is another good one. Rutgers is a nice medium sized slicer. Italian Paste or Roma for canning. Red cherries and yellow pears for snacking and salads. Yum!

Looking forward to this!

EDIT: I started two lettuce plants in #1 fabrics last November. They grew very compact under the LED, though they never saw both switches on. Those two plants are now transplanted out (about a month ago) and are simply stunning.

Here is what I have so far. :peace:

20160404_152629.jpg

Supergroomer,
I started bell peppers that will go outside. They are doing well and look like they would be happy through there life cycle indoors. Pepper plants would not take much space or block much light. I may try one or two this fall indoors.

I also put six ever-bearing strawberries in individual small pots a few days ago. They will stay inside, probably in small pots so I can move them around to fill vacant space.

Another thing I have done is to buy live hydrophonic kitchen herbs at the grocery store and pot them. They are already a useful size.

Luck,
canyon

Thanks canyon. I am looking to get some strawberries today. I will look into the ever-bearing variety. If I want to keep them going, how big a pot do you think? I am going to be ordering smart pots for my High Brix. I would think that the strawberries would do well in that too. I will have to look into that. :) :peace:

I won't be more than moral support and a student of the indoor veggie garden, but I'm here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

supergroomer, i was invited by sweetsue.
Ive grown veggies and non 420 herb in HB soil. It's what the kit ingredients were made for. Farming veggies/fruits., everything.. Doc was genius to utilize it for our most important plant.
It will change the way you view, eat, and grow anything grown with and by any other method.
Vegetables, herbs, and fruits grown in HB are a different animal! :rofl:

If you werent planning on eating them or not enough time to actually grow them, and you need to have proof for a tent, you can 'stage' or pretend growing veggies inside, as a deterrent as to what the grow tent is being used for.

Come post questions to Docs Q & A thread below or by pm'ing him - Doc Bud
Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures - Page 728

-go to a nursery, get some already potted growing herbs, and veggies and place in your tents.

Welcome DrZiggy!!! Any advise is welcome. My soil is not done cooking yet so I Started them in FFOF. Most will are seeds being started indoors to be moved to outdoor gardens. I will probably keep a few of them in and transplant the indoor ones to High Brix when it is ready. Should I stick with 1 gal and 7 gal smart pots for tomatoes?

Back
Top Bottom