Outdoor grow: dealing with light pollution

NorCAKnowYourGrow

My neighbors on bothdecided to line their backyards/eves with Lights creating massive light pollution in my backyard. I literally don’t have anywhere I can put my girls and have total darkness at night. They leave the damn lights on until 10:30/11pm every single night.

Bringing indoors isn’t an option....

Anyone else run into this problem? Find any creative and affordable solutions to cover plants up to 6-7’ tall and 3’ wide?

hope you are good at aiming :rofl: :rofl:
1.png

you can also ask if they can turn off the light becasue the brighness shines into your window which dosn't help you to sleep. Also, not cost effecient havning lights on at night!!

Watch your plants closely if they look like they are starting to flower with the lights on your fine.

They are all solidly flowering @BeanTownFan420 so that’s good.

Thanks, @Pennywise, I thought it was always an issue to have light once they start to flower.... Still a lot to learn. Last year I had MUCH smaller plants in pots and moved them into a storage tent every night. This year they are way too big....

maybe I wasted my time doing that last year.

so,would it be a problem if growing indoor and the plants lights are off, but the living room lights are on and the tent door is semi-open. plant is in flower but always had tent door closed.

I read an example of light pollution that is used favourably in the far north where The days arent long enough to veg outdoors so an outdoor flood light is used in the night for a number of hours to interrupt the shift to flower till the req veg time is achieved. Ive also heard tales I cant prove of outdoor plants benefiting from a 24hr blackout a definitive shock to their system inducing the flowering cycle which could be useful with a mild case of light pollution perhaps even a few days of solid 12/12 under cover would switch modes and the light pollution minimal enough not to cause reveg. Rambling thoughts after an early wake and bake! Happy 420!!
:bong:

Back
Top Bottom