Outdoor Grow With Early Pre-flowers And Still Getting 14 Hours Daylight

They are a mix pack of seeds I got from 420. Blue cheese 2 blue haze. And the real tall ones are blue dream and a super skunk. The last 2 are sativa dominate.

I agree totally. They know what they need and when they need it. They need that 3 months of flowering to complete their life cycle. Unlike indoors you can't make them do what you want to do or you can do is hang on and wait and hope for the best

Bro, that's incredible,, your area looks like a Jungle similar to my area. That must be fun to ride up on every Ince in a while. BTW what strains are they? The close up showing the bud tops looks jut like my AC/DC,, they have a very "zig-zagging" main stems like yours, and looks like they are more Sativa??? Great job, and also how old are they now!
They were germinated in early April put out in the woods mid-may

No worries, my two outdoor sats started to flower a few days ago.
Anyone else notice that copperrein's plant (the first photo in msg #24) is starting to show the purple/reddish stems? Since the weather in her area of the state has been hot, very hot, it starts to blow holes in the theory that the color only happens when the temperatures drop to what we humans would call very cold.

Don't remember if it was the same photo or same plant but I noticed the red/purple stems in one of your photos in the outdoor journal last week.

Anyone else notice that copperrein's plant (the first photo in msg #24) is starting to show the purple/reddish stems? Since the weather in her area of the state has been hot, very hot, it starts to blow holes in the theory that the color only happens when the temperatures drop to what we humans would call very cold.

Don't remember if it was the same photo or same plant but I noticed the red/purple stems in one of your photos in the outdoor journal last week.
Yeah, I keep forgetting to try to give them some calmag. I figured they're just out of the DL and gypsum I first amended the soil with.

Yes. Every year at the beginning of August we start to see more people in North America mentioning that their plants are starting to flower. The sunrise and sunset times are for astronomers. They want the exact minute the sun hits the horizon in the east and again in the west at the end of the day.

When I think about it the first hour of daylight is fairly weak. The sun has hit the horizon but any trees, buildings, fences or walls will keep the area from being as bright as when the sun is higher up in the sky like it is at about 9 am. Same goes for the end of the day. Knock an hour off in the morning and an hour off in the evening and the time of decent light is about 12 hours.

If we had to wait until later in September before the plants started to flower there would not be enough time for most strains to finish flowering and ripening by the time the end of November comes around.
That all makes sense friend, thanks for your time and input!

Could be that our days are hot and the nights have been cool to cold.

Could be that our days are hot and the nights have been cool to cold.
Actually I believe that I read somewhere the ideal outdoor temperature is mid-60s to low70s during the day and low '60s at night. But everyone knows we cannot control the temperature so it's got to go with what you got. Unless you live in the perfect climate it's always a crap sheet growing outdoors in the woods

Actually I believe that I read somewhere the ideal outdoor temperature is mid-60s to low70s during the day and low '60s at night. But everyone knows we cannot control the temperature so it's got to go with what you got. Unless you live in the perfect climate it's always a crap sheet growing outdoors in the woods

I'm north of @copperrein in the same state. We have had daytime temps in the mid to upper 80's and at night dipping into the low to mid 50's to upper 40's

Wow 40s is pushing it but as long as there's no Frost they will survive.
I agree, already delt with a late frost freeze this spring. I would be crying if that happened this fall. I need to get my hoop house done. Just been to hot during the day for my health.

I can feel your pain with this too hot for the health. It's been a hot summer here too high 90s to only those 70s at night. S*** I just hit 62 last week and I can't deal with it no more like I used to do. But we've been lucky getting some rain almost every week I had to carry water juggs only two times so far this year. And that was no picnic in the high heat and humidity

Wow 40s is pushing it but as long as there's no Frost they will survive.
:D these girls got the boot first week of May and went through a couple ~29f frosts and freezes. I've found that in flower they cope even better with frost and don't get too bothered about it.

I've found that in flower they cope even better with frost and don't get too bothered about it.
Yep. They will just keep going once the sun comes up and it warms enough to melt the frost off. The plants will even survive a coating of snow in late October and early November.

I think what gets them in the end is several days in a row of being in the 30s during the day and the 20s at night. Possibly when it gets cold enough that ice crystals start to form in the soil and the roots. The stems, leaves and flowers seem to be able to handle being frozen and thawed.

Update on gorilla grow of blue dream, blue haze, blue cheese and super skunk. Went to check on them the other day and was pleasantly surprised. I'm looking at about 4-4 more weeks to harvest.tallest ones are 8' & 9'tall shortest are 6'

IMG_20210909_164720527.jpg

IMG_20210909_164709685.jpg

IMG_20210909_164657864.jpg

IMG_20210909_164532757.jpg

IMG_20210909_164034225.jpg

IMG_20210909_164020200.jpg

IMG_20210909_163952011.jpg

IMG_20210909_163929623.jpg

IMG_20210909_163921262.jpg

IMG_20210909_163909140_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom