Outdoor Grow With Early Pre-flowers And Still Getting 14 Hours Daylight

Nutes should be the same. Set an alarm for moving plants. I would routinely be caught in the middle of my dinner and realizing I forgot to take the plants in. (whoops)
Thanks as always, yeah the alarm idea is good, I was wondering if it is ok as long as she gets 12 or more hours of dark. I mean is it more important that she gets the exact amount of dark each night and at the same time or as long as it is 12 hours or more?

Can’t confirm or deny as fact but I’ve read a lot to the effect of….. helps to use timer so her hours are consistent and do not fluctuate, however with that said many growers do tweak light hours to help finish faster by increasing the dark period.

For example start at 12/12 to initiate flower as we all do then at week 6 bump to 11 on 13 off then at week 8 run 10 on 14 off. The concept is that due to longer nights the plant senses winter is coming and finishes ripening, again no hard facts but seems to be common topic of discussion

No worries, my two outdoor sats started to flower a few days ago. I just read sativas are far more sensitive to the light cycle than indica in regards to flowering, but indicas are more sensitive to light when it comes to herming.

Sour Diesel and Hulkberry grown here in Michigan

I had a mystery seed that I found in my Fruity Pebbles bed from the year before, and grew on its own the following spring. It started to flower around this time as well, but was one of the last plants to finish. Still undecided how I feel about the plant and the effects

No worries, my two outdoor sats started to flower a few days ago. I just read sativas are far more sensitive to the light cycle than indica in regards to flowering, but indicas are more sensitive to light when it comes to herming.

Sour Diesel and Hulkberry grown here in Michigan

Good looking stuff there Grow Friend, and thanks for reminding me of the Herming issue with Indica's,, as I did have my Indica "Black Water" herm on me last season! I never knew if it was from having 4 males next to her for too long before I knew the sex or a light leak, I am leaning on the light leak! All said ,it was sooooo good a smoke I didn't removing the seeds!

This is my first grow as well, this is definitely trial by error. People are very helpful but I’ve found everyone has their own opinion, I try to figure out who’s advice to follow, I guess you figure it out eventually and get good yields, I just learned to put my plant in my closet for 12 hours for complete darkness, I just went to 12/12 3 days ago, thank you guys

This is my first grow as well, this is definitely trial by error. People are very helpful but I’ve found everyone has their own opinion, I try to figure out who’s advice to follow, I guess you figure it out eventually and get good yields, I just learned to put my plant in my closet for 12 hours for complete darkness, I just went to 12/12 3 days ago, thank you guys
There are a lot of factors in growing. Region plays a roll as well as weather and seasons (outdoor grows)... Tent size lighting circulation (indoor grows) and pests in both. Then you have genetics of what you are growing and how that plays a role. There are also constants, watering, nutes but, even they have different ranges depending on the media you are growing in. It can be very hard to help when you are not there and have hands on. You are going to be the best judge of what to do. Like you said, that comes with time and grows under your belt. There is a starters learning curve here, but in the end, these are plants and you need to learn the basics of what your plant needs and go from there.

There are a lot of factors in growing. Region plays a roll as well as weather and seasons (outdoor grows)... Tent size lighting circulation (indoor grows) and pests in both. Then you have genetics of what you are growing and how that plays a role. There are also constants, watering, nutes but, even they have different ranges depending on the media you are growing in. It can be very hard to help when you are not there and have hands on. You are going to be the best judge of what to do. Like you said, that comes with time and grows under your belt. There is a starters learning curve here, but in the end, these are plants and you need to learn the basics of what your plant needs and go from there.
I’m learning all this. I started my plant with miracle gro potting soil then read it was the worst so I got humbolt county soil and bat guano for fertilizer. I proceeded to have a lite break the stem and put a splint and tape on it. I left the fan off and noticed little orange beetle type bugs that were spider mites, they had to have been in the soil because it’s my first grow in my bedroom. Sprayed my plant with neen oil a week ago and haven’t seen another.

"Old g" , U sound like me a lot from my first experiences, as far as mistakes , learning, and such. I have to tell ya , during the past years pandemic and it's nightmares, getting into growing has been a God send for this old man. The wonderful folks on the sight lightened my mood whenever I needed it. They helped me thru several dire situations with my plants and kept me on my feet. I am not a heavy smoker my any means, but I am an X-heavy weight drinker, and smoking weed helps curb my drinking. Even though we don't go thru a bunch of smoke like some, I will be growing for the excitement of it all. Plus the Grandkids think Grandpa is cool. The kids are older btw!

"Old g" , U sound like me a lot from my first experiences, as far as mistakes , learning, and such. I have to tell ya , during the past years pandemic and it's nightmares, getting into growing has been a God send for this old man. The wonderful folks on the sight lightened my mood whenever I needed it. They helped me thru several dire situations with my plants and kept me on my feet. I am not a heavy smoker my any means, but I am an X-heavy weight drinker, and smoking weed helps curb my drinking. Even though we don't go thru a bunch of smoke like some, I will be growing for the excitement of it all. Plus the Grandkids think Grandpa is cool. The kids are older btw!
I’m an old man myself brother. I find growing weed to be very therapeutic, and my heads still not right from the pandemic, everyone where I live seems angry, it’s ugly.I’m an ex substance abuser myself. I’m disabled and live with chronic pain, weed let’s me keep pain meds to a minimum. And yes like you I love growing weed, it’s very enjoyable

I'm doing outdoor gorilla grow of blue dream, blue haze, blue cheese, and super skunk planted in ground with organic fertilizer mixed in. I only top dress once a month as they are hard to get to in woods. Starting to show pre flower yesterday so I'm switching to a 2-9-6 fertilizer. They love being left alone to do their thing.

IMG_20210724_084200437.jpg

IMG_20210724_083925043.jpg

IMG_20210724_083909608.jpg

IMG_20210724_083833199.jpg

IMG_20210724_083815791.jpg

IMG_20210724_083552221.jpg

Just WOW 'Triple R",, those are VERY impressive to this old man, some crazy healthy main stalks,, will be awesome to see them fully budded up at harvest time. Any problems with bugs so far, if so what have U used? Also is it very humid in your area? I am wondering because where we live it is humid and I'm very concerned about it making my buds mold when the time comes!

Heres my outdoor girl, she is "AC/DC" strain, Too big to move in and out, and I had use "LST" to keep her under the fence line from prying eyes! She's about 14 weeks old and has been flowering for 2 weeks now! Has been grown in Fox Farms Coco-loco with only water and Cal-mag til now. The F.F stuff is very easy and good to me!

AC:DC 14 Weeks 7-25-21.JPG

Just WOW 'Triple R",, those are VERY impressive to this old man, some crazy healthy main stalks,, will be awesome to see them fully budded up at harvest time. Any problems with bugs so far, if so what have U used? Also is it very humid in your area? I am wondering because where we live it is humid and I'm very concerned about it making my buds mold when the time comes!

Heres my outdoor girl, she is "AC/DC" strain, Too big to move in and out, and I had use "LST" to keep her under the fence line from prying eyes! She's about 14 weeks old and has been flowering for 2 weeks now! Has been grown in Fox Farms Coco-loco with only water and Cal-mag til now. The F.F stuff is very easy and good to me!

AC:DC 14 Weeks 7-25-21.JPG
Luckily no bugs so far. These are more of a stealth grow only see them every couple weeks. But am always happy when I get there, Knox on wood. It gets hot and humid here some days 70% +. Starting to mellow out a lil now. I will definitely post picks on this post come October when I go out with the machete to take them down.

Luckily no bugs so far. These are more of a stealth grow only see them every couple weeks. But am always happy when I get there, Knox on wood. It gets hot and humid here some days 70% +. Starting to mellow out a lil now. I will definitely post picks on this post come October when I go out with the machete to take them down.
Heck yes ,,, please do so. I have always thought how cool it would be to do a remoter grow like U are doing. We have a lot woods and a lot of Deer in our area though, and I understand they love to eat them!

Yes same here I have 10 but the rabbits ate the stalks on 5 I put chicken wire around them and that solved the problem. I went out this morning to stake them out,were expecting storms here the next few days. Here's some picks of the 5 I was pleased with the progress.thats the top of my head lol. This is my first real grow that I put any effort in. I'm an indoor grower. I was looking for bigger crop an I think I found it.

IMG_20210801_092713946.jpg

IMG_20210801_092657022.jpg

IMG_20210801_092606072.jpg

IMG_20210801_092552973.jpg

IMG_20210801_092532450.jpg

IMG_20210801_092516086.jpg

IMG_20210801_092502214.jpg

IMG_20210801_092437504.jpg

IMG_20210801_092413039.jpg

Yes same here I have 10 but the rabbits ate the stalks on 5 I put chicken wire around them and that solved the problem. I went out this morning to stake them out,were expecting storms here the next few days. Here's some picks of the 5 I was pleased with the progress.thats the top of my head lol. This is my first real grow that I put any effort in. I'm an indoor grower. I was looking for bigger crop an I think I found it.

IMG_20210801_092713946.jpg

IMG_20210801_092657022.jpg

IMG_20210801_092606072.jpg

IMG_20210801_092552973.jpg

IMG_20210801_092532450.jpg

IMG_20210801_092516086.jpg

IMG_20210801_092502214.jpg

IMG_20210801_092437504.jpg

IMG_20210801_092413039.jpg
Bro, that's incredible,, your area looks like a Jungle similar to my area. That must be fun to ride up on every Ince in a while. BTW what strains are they? The close up showing the bud tops looks jut like my AC/DC,, they have a very "zig-zagging" main stems like yours, and looks like they are more Sativa??? Great job, and also how old are they now!

thought it would be later in September or so when we get back to days with 12 or less hours of daylight for it to start showing signs of flowering. I will say that it only gets about 4/5 hours of direct light where it was, but was still in light all day. Is this normal?
Yes. Every year at the beginning of August we start to see more people in North America mentioning that their plants are starting to flower. The sunrise and sunset times are for astronomers. They want the exact minute the sun hits the horizon in the east and again in the west at the end of the day.

When I think about it the first hour of daylight is fairly weak. The sun has hit the horizon but any trees, buildings, fences or walls will keep the area from being as bright as when the sun is higher up in the sky like it is at about 9 am. Same goes for the end of the day. Knock an hour off in the morning and an hour off in the evening and the time of decent light is about 12 hours.

If we had to wait until later in September before the plants started to flower there would not be enough time for most strains to finish flowering and ripening by the time the end of November comes around.

Back
Top Bottom