Outdoor growing questions.

PearlToTheJam

Me and some friends plan on growing a few plants in the woods in our neighborhood just to see how it goes and hopefully get some weed out of it. The first day we are back home from college we plan on starting. Here are some of my questions..

Is starting in like early may too late to start growing?

What is an acceptable distance from houses to grow/how noticeable would the smell be?

How many plants should we try to grow?

:helpsmilie:

Re: Outdoor growing questions..

I don't know where you are so ... I'm in New England and April is good, plant on 4/20 for good luck I always say! You pick the number of plant it is up to you. The more the plant the farther from house. Out of sight, 100 yards.

Make sure your low temperatures are above freezing. Germ and sprout your seeds before planting. If you are only doing a few plants smell shouldn't be a huge issue. Hiding them from sight will be the tough part.

well there is a pretty wooded space behind my house were they would not be visible by anyone

also i live in new jersey

As long as you're safe from a freeze, you should be ok.
Getting your seeds sprouted before you plant is a grand idea.
Smell really shouldn't be a major issue with a few plants. 50 woud be different.
Security will be your main concern. All your "friends" that you've showed the garden to will stop by later and take at least a few good colas. Trust me here... you want to show everyone 'cause it's so cool, but just a few visits from your friends will cut your harvest down quick.

Cheers

thank you very much and yea we dont plan on telling anyone until we are obviously done but shit gets out whatever shouldnt be an issue hopefully

Me and some friends plan on growing a few plants in the woods in our neighborhood just to see how it goes and hopefully get some weed out of it. The first day we are back home from college we plan on starting. Here are some of my questions..

Is starting in like early may too late to start growing?

What is an acceptable distance from houses to grow/how noticeable would the smell be?

How many plants should we try to grow?

:helpsmilie:

Hate to rain on your parade but do your grow by yourself.

Me and some friends never works. Trust me.

I agree with dirtfarmer the less people that know the better too easy to loose a crop to either greed or loose lips, if you want show your prize girls take pictures or show them at harvest.

I would recommend 2 or 3 grow site's that way you increase your odds that at least one grow will make it. Putting all your "seeds" in one location decreases your chances of the plants making it to maturity. In choosing a location don't forget that they need plenty of sun so the plants can't be inside the wooded NJ pine barrons.

I would consider a second grow. Have your buddies help you with a remote grow far away from your primary site. Treat it like the real deal. If it works out great, if not you have your primary grow near your house that no one else knows about. Best of both worlds.

If it were me I would only work solo. It's tough because you are excited to share with friends. As soon as one other person knows, everyone will know. It's human nature.

Once again dirtfarmer has hit the nail on the head. Tell NOBODY. The only way someone gets busted is when someone else opens their mouth. The same principle applies to your patch being ripped off. Be careful dude. I've seen these things destroy friendships. Best of luck!!!:grinjoint:

i do have to agree with everybody's advice. do you grow by yourself, no having to split up harvest, no arguing about how much work people put in. all in all a lot simpler process of growing. if you friends really want to grow as well, suggest that each of you find a secret spot and grow their own plants. then at the end of the season you can get together and share the bud in an epic smoke session.
on the other hand, and this could case specific, i readily share and bring my 2 close friends to my plots whenever we are together. its always great going out to the woods with the pals, smoking a bowl, and enjoying the growth of the plants. that being said, i trust these guys with my safety and with my cash, not my life cause thats too important.
a great saying ive heard is, "dont show anybody your plants that you wouldnt trust with $10,000 of your money"

i can honestly say that i could trust them with $10,000 of my money ive known them since I was 3 for 16 years we have been pretty tight but i get your point its obviously risky to grow and i definitely wouldnt want that information getting out. thank you very much for everyones advice so far

Other than the loose lips thingie, your greatest task will be finding a clearing where your plants will get at least 8 hours of sun during peak summer, and 10-12 hours would be much better. Find a spot, track the sun's trajectory so you can see where the shade will come in, and then situate your holes.

Dig BIG. 3ft x 3ft minimum. Mulch the soil you take out of the hole really well--you can never have enough organics in the hole. This will encourage worms to come condition the soil for you and make it richer while you grow.

Water is your secondary consideration. If you have to carry it in, do it. Do not sacrifice sun for water. You can't carry in sunshine.

Good luck,
Irish

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom