Outside grow help

Joshthornbury

420 Member
Hi all, so I am Inbetween week 3 and almost week 5 of flower on 5 plants outside in soil. I am in Ontario Canada and have had a couple nights going down to plus 5 or 6 celcius. The day time temps are around 13 to 20 degrees celcius. At what point of flower like.. what week can I harvest the plant if needing to, and still get something out of it? Or do I chuck the plant if a major frost comes for several days or indefinitely during flower? There is no way to bring the plants indoors or shelter them. Thanks

Hi all, so I am Inbetween week 3 and almost week 5 of flower on 5 plants outside in soil. I am in Ontario Canada and have had a couple nights going down to plus 5 or 6 celcius. The day time temps are around 13 to 20 degrees celcius. At what point of flower like.. what week can I harvest the plant if needing to, and still get something out of it? Or do I chuck the plant if a major frost comes for several days or indefinitely during flower? There is no way to bring the plants indoors or shelter them. Thanks
I am with you here in Ontario. Wait it out as long as possible weather looks good after the next 2 days!

I'm in USA but same Latitude. Just let her go as long as you can. When you think it's ready wait 2 more weeks!

Yeah same here but at least theres no rain! They arent getting wet so that's good
Raining right now in Winnipeg :(
Can't catch a break. Only 3 or 4 more weeks is all I need but I have a feeling the outdoor grow is going to be scrapped.

In upstate ny - ride it out. Been flowering since about 8/4 here.

So basically the first snow... lol which might be tonight down to 2C and 1C tomorrow night.

The soil is still warm so no worries. 1 good thing, the pests are going to die. YAY

I wish i could but they are in a place where I would be afraid of it attracting unwanted attention.
I see. These plants are amazingly tough. Please just ride it out n get a nice big harvest. Even if you get mold just cut it out and carry on. I get it no matter what every year for 10 seasons n the rest of the plant is bomb smoke. Hang in there that's literally all we can do. Good luck and wish u the best

They will handle the frost, below freezing nights and even light snow.

Just to see what would happen I sacrificed two plants for the sake of science last year. The thread shows what the plants were able to survive. It took several nights in a row of 22-24 degrees F and barely getting above 35 F during the day to wipe them out.

The story is in this thread:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/we-are-past-the-frost-warnings-or-the-lady-finally-sang-the-last-song.474763/

Have fun growing....

They will handle the frost, below freezing nights and even light snow.

Just to see what would happen I sacrificed two plants for the sake of science last year. The thread shows what the plants were able to survive. It took several nights in a row of 22-24 degrees F and barely getting above 35 F during the day to wipe them out.

The story is in this thread:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/we-are-past-the-frost-warnings-or-the-lady-finally-sang-the-last-song.474763/

Have fun growing....
I'm so happy you just said this lol

Yah was cold as balls last night down to 2c today sunny and warming up to bright skies and sun be like 20c today. No wind there wasn't any fog last night either so we good for another day. I don't see any rain coming yet so we ride it out till the rainy season starts.

Back
Top Bottom