PakaloloGrow's ACDC Feminized Photo-Period Outdoor & Indoor Soil Grow Journal, July 2019

I've never read anything about HF running hot. In fact I've read where a lot people start in HF instead of OF because OF is supposed to be so hot.

If you look at the label for Big Bloom; it's 0.0-0.5-0.7. So it has very little nutes in it. I think it's just suppose to support overall plant health. For instance, I've read stuff about worm castings, that they don't have a lot of N-P-K in them, but they contribute to the health of microorganisms and plant growth hormones.

July 25th- Journal Update- Day 6 from sprout

Strain(s): ACDC Feminized Photo-period

Strain Details: Cannatonic Phenotype, 40% Indica /60% Sativa, THC 2%, CBD 15%

Germination: 07/15/2019

Sprout: 07/19/2019

Training: LST

Stage: Seedling

Length of Flower:

Location of Grow:
Outdoor and Indoor

Medium Type: Soil

Soil Mix: Kellog's Premium Organic Potting Soil

Container Size: 3 Inch Jiffy pot

Lights Used: The Sun, outside and 2-600 watt Viparspectra LED's for inside, same ones currently being used for my auto flower grow PakakloloGrow's Auto-Flower Indoor Soil Grow Journal-2019

Light Regimen: Sunrise 5:59 AM, Sunset 7:59 PM outside, 18/6 inside

Temperature Outside: Today- July 25- 93 degree High/ 70 Degree Low

Temperature of the Tent: 78-84 F

Relative Humidity: 38-50%

pH of Soil: 5.8-7.5

Pest:

Watering schedule:
feed, water, water per week. Both are receiving tap water.

Type of Fertilizer & Strength: Fox Farm Liquid Grow Big 6-4-4, Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7, Tiger Bloom Fertilizer 2-8-4

Outside plant.

Indoor plant.

Side by Side, Indoor on the left

I'm glad to see someone else not paying big bucks for potting soil. That Kellog's soil looks like a good buy. I was originally going to buy FFOF, but I couldn't see paying $35 for a bag of dirt. I bought the Happy Frog from Amazon when they reduced the price from $20 to $10 for a 12qt bag. After watching a bunch of "make your own potting mix" video on YT and seeing one that actually showed what FFOF looked like, I decided I could make my own for a lot less money. My wife and I have been growing stuff in our garden and around the house for years, so I think we can do pretty good with out own mix and our 4 green thumbs :)

It is, it drains well, has some nutes already and if I'm using liquid nutrients I can start earlier with them. Plus Home depot carries it on hand, no special order. It's what I use for my veggies as well. I agree make it yourself or use some thing cheap and supplement it

I'm glad to see someone else not paying big bucks for potting soil. That Kellog's soil looks like a good buy. I was originally going to buy FFOF, but I couldn't see paying $35 for a bag of dirt. I bought the Happy Frog from Amazon when they reduced the price from $20 to $10 for a 12qt bag. After watching a bunch of "make your own potting mix" video on YT and seeing one that actually showed what FFOF looked like, I decided I could make my own for a lot less money. My wife and I have been growing stuff in our garden and around the house for years, so I think we can do pretty good with out own mix and our 4 green thumbs :)
oops response below... or is it above???

Hope it works. What kind of damage will fungus gnats do to your plants?

Here is what my backyard looks like at 9:10 PM PST, I pulled out an envelope and can read without straining my eyes.
This is taken with a DSLR, which probably amplifies light, but it's still pretty damn bright out here...

Yeah those lights kinda suck. I would be willing to bet they will affect your grow. Give it a try, see what happens.

She's good, been getting a lot of table scraps lately... She's gettin old, time to spoil her
Good for you. I have an old dog getting the same treatment. Hes 15 but still pretty spry.

How are your plants doing?

July 31st

The difference in growth and color is immense, I think the heat has been affecting the outdoor ACDC. I have them all on the same feeding schedule, so they have all been getting the same nutrients as the auto flowers. The indoor ACDC is 4x4 inches and the outdoor is 3x3 inches.

This is the inside plant, picture taken outdoors.

and this is the outdoor plant.

July 31st

The difference in growth and color is immense, I think the heat has been affecting the outdoor ACDC. I have them all on the same feeding schedule, so they have all been getting the same nutrients as the auto flowers. The indoor ACDC is 4x4 inches and the outdoor is 3x3 inches.

This is the inside plant, picture taken outdoors.

and this is the outdoor plant.
It has been hot. I grow on a shed in Alta Loma, it's been a struggle

Good for you. I have an old dog getting the same treatment. Hes 15 but still pretty spry.

How are your plants doing?
Wow yea that's pretty old. My son found her on the street, walking home from school when he was 11 back in 2010, I'm guessing she may be 10-11 years old now. She had 6 babies, that was crazy...

It has been hot. I grow on a shed in Alta Loma, it's been a struggle
Yeah it's a bit hotter over there. Damn, now I appreciate my tent so much more... There are only 3 rooms in my house with air conditioning and thats because of window units. My tent runs off 1/2 the output of one small window unit.

Yeah it's a bit hotter over there. Damn, now I appreciate my tent so much more... There are only 3 rooms in my house with air conditioning and thats because of window units. My tent runs off 1/2 the output of one small window unit.
Heat is one of the worst hazards in growing. My shed is heavily insulated with a 12000 BTU AC unit for a 6x10 space. I also have a large fan pulling in purified air and evacuating the heated air from the lights. I have a way to cool my nutrients, and a closet in my grow room that has it's own heat issues. If I lost my AC right now I would put a fork in this grow.

I like the plastic bag idea! I'll try that next grow. I've used jiffy pots in the past for vegetables, I find that they hold too much water and don't break down quickly enough for good root penetration. They always grow mold, especially when potting on.
Have you used Rapid Rooters?

I like the plastic bag idea! I'll try that next grow. I've used jiffy pots in the past for vegetables, I find that they hold too much water and don't break down quickly enough for good root penetration. They always grow mold, especially when potting on.
I never actually replant the jiffy pot, I've been re using them lol. Cheapest small container I could find, you get like 15 of them for around $3.00

Back
Top Bottom