PakaloloGrow's ACDC Feminized Photo-Period Outdoor & Indoor Soil Grow Journal, July 2019

Heat is one of the worst hazards in growing. My shed is heavily insulated with a 12000 BTU AC unit for a 6x10 space. I also have a large fan pulling in purified air and evacuating the heated air from the lights. I have a way to cool my nutrients, and a closet in my grow room that has it's own heat issues. If I lost my AC right now I would put a fork in this grow.
I'm thinking I would rather be an indoor grower, then an outdoor grower. I've been able to keep everything relatively consistent inside and that will only improve with better equipment down the line. I need a small outdoor shed now...

I never actually replant the jiffy pot, I've been re using them lol. Cheapest small container I could find, you get like 15 of them for around $3.00
How do you get the plant out without destroying the jiffy pot or damaging the fragile new roots? You're not worried about transferring potential fungus/mold by reusing?

I'm thinking I would rather be an indoor grower, then an outdoor grower. I've been able to keep everything relatively consistent inside and that will only improve with better equipment down the line. I need a small outdoor shed now...
I like my shed I had it built about 6 years ago for quads but it turns out they wouldnt fit through the gate...duh. so I insulated and lined everything with reflective OSB. I have two power lines a 15 amp that is plugged into the living room and runs out a dog door. And a 20 amp line that comes from the garage. Here are some pics of my set up.

How do you get the plant out without destroying the jiffy pot or damaging the fragile new roots? You're not worried about transferring potential fungus/mold by reusing?
I water it heavily before moving it so the soil and plant are basically glued together. Then I flip it upside down and it drops into my hand. I place the stem between my fingers and support the soil right at the base of it. I really don't think they are that fragile, I've moved seedlings that were barely sprouted and only had a two inch taproot successfully. I let the jiffy pot dry out completely before reusing. I've moved more vegetable seedlings this way, maybe 6-8 random cannabis seedlings that have survived so far.

I like my shed I had it built about 6 years ago for quads but it turns out they wouldnt fit through the gate...duh. so I insulated and lined everything with reflective OSB. I have two power lines a 15 amp that is plugged into the living room and runs out a dog door. And a 20 amp line that comes from the garage. Here are some pics of my set up.

I like your shed too, I need to get me one!!!

August 3rd

I started training the inside plant 2 days ago. I am using the light to train her, once she reaches the other side of the container I will rotate and place another skewer through the container to restrict her vertical growth, like I did with the first skewer, and keep repeating.

Both received left over 3/4 strength week 6 flower nutrients from the auto flowers.

Inside ACDC

Taped her down so she wouldn't roll away.

This is where she's been living.

Outside ACDC

August 3rd

I started training the inside plant 2 days ago. I am using the light to train her, once she reaches the other side of the container I will rotate and place another skewer through the container to restrict her vertical growth, like I did with the first skewer, and keep repeating.

Both received left over 3/4 strength week 6 flower nutrients from the auto flowers.

Inside ACDC

Taped her down so she wouldn't roll away.

This is where she's been living.

Outside ACDC

Those adult plants look amazing

Those adult plants look amazing
Thanks, the one on the right is the Tangerine Dream and the little bit of the one you can see on the left is the Gorilla Glue. The Gorilla Glue is maybe 5-7 days ahead of the Tangerine Dream and my other Gorilla Glue, flower wise.

August 14th

Damn, now the outside ACDC is doing better... maybe I was stressing the inside plant with the light training or maybe it's time to transplant. I'm going to put the inside plant outside to see how she responds as well as transplant her.

If you move plants in and out be sure not to do it in flower. Terrible things can happen to a plant when their environment changes a lot.

It's possible that it's just a weak seed. You can sprout 5 seeds and not have 2 the same. They simply vary here and there. I have a clutch way of making sure a group of plants find the right gear... you may have seen my posts on this topic

If you move plants in and out be sure not to do it in flower. Terrible things can happen to a plant when their environment changes a lot.

It's possible that it's just a weak seed. You can sprout 5 seeds and not have 2 the same. They simply vary here and there. I have a clutch way of making sure a group of plants find the right gear... you may have seen my posts on this topic
No, yeah I wouldn't move a flowering plant. I'm just putting her outside for a week or 2 till one of the auto flowers is done, mostly as an experiment to see how she responds to the sun. I'll check out your post though

No, yeah I wouldn't move a flowering plant. I'm just putting her outside for a week or 2 till one of the auto flowers is done, mostly as an experiment to see how she responds to the sun. I'll check out your post though
I figured you knew about moving plants... I have some friends that grew 6 Northern Lights in a greenhouse. They got mildew pretty bad on 3 of them so they put them outside. All three went super male. I mean big time.

So, I had some seedlings that werent working out. They were all growing slow, but one was REALLY slow. I was no longer disappointed, I was pissed! So I ripped out the one and pinned it to the wall. I told the remaining soldiers this would happen to them if they didnt straighten up.

Gotta show em who's boss! Haha

Back
Top Bottom