Pandoras Box - 250W CFL - Stealth - Soil - Random Autos

chillybuds

story so far; I had a chest freezer plan was to rip out mechanics and cut in a filter and hey presto, air tight very shiny insidey grow box, hence the name chilly buds lol. however following closer inspection chest freezers are made with pentane- highly flammable, toxic, all around not good. sooo due to living situations an existing piece of furniture would have to be converted, very stealth. after a weeks of dithering i settled on a old chest nestled between a wall and a sofa. the space is very tight. height wise more than anything.

so construction of the box, is ongoing. so far i have added wood around the inside edges of the box, bike inner tube will be nailed to the parallel lid and the added wood, fingers crossed getting a decent seal, its important i dont have unfiltered air escaping. i have a 125 blue + a 250 red CFL. as this will be a rolling grow the plan is to plant, veg for two weeks, then leave under the red, and have new seeds germinated to coincide with the light change. soil is a reasonable priced batmix - apparently with enough nutes to last a auto grow.. ill be adding 10% very matured worm factory sludge and another 10% perlite. feeding will be aquarium water/bottled mineral water, molasses when flowering and terrabloom if it looks like it needs it. the light schedule im undecided on, mr.iknowmyshit at the head shop was insistent i run a 24/0, my original plan was 18/6, so thoughts on that matter a greatly appreciated.

seeds- tbh i have no idea, their a friends left over autos hes collected over the last few years and has no need for, as this supply dwindles ill most likely switch to auto mazar, or dieselryders. we'll see i guess.

ventilation will be running through a smallish fan, a large pricier-than-i-wanted carbon filter and then through a insert of tumble dryer sheets.

problems encountered so far is my height issue, at estimate, the largest pot i could have is 10cm in height. however as dimensions go a 10x46x16 pot is entirely viable and i plan to get two in there, though buying a pot of those dimensions is another matter. im assuming the depth of a pot is important as the soil wont dry so quickly and watering is trickier, but im planning to cover the soil as best i can, and water evenly. some people grow in tomato bags so im *fingers crossed* hoping this wont be a massive problem. also with the height issue there will be plenty of LST and maybe it will be more aggresive than i should be with a auto, but if needs be..

so thats a pretty decent outline so far, pictures will follow... and buds hopefully.

Re: Pandoras box (250cfl stealth, Soil + random auto's)

my soon to be pandoras grow box :)

WP_0000572.jpg
WP_000058.jpg

soo next stage of the production is the filter and fan, iv gone with the expanding foam method

fan and filter

WP_0000591.jpg

so i cut up a 2l bottle of cream soda, and used a j cloth to restrict some air flow, it was then taped onto the filter and insulated with a 12 togg thermal sock

WP_0000601.jpg
WP_000061.jpg
WP_000062.jpg
WP_000063.jpg

i did the same with the other half of the bottle but this time j cloth taped on both ends and filled with soap flakes and air freshner jelly balls. the plan is to be able to replace the soap and jelly as and when i need to. all of the parts were taped togeyher then box was sealed up and foam put in the top. just as a warning if anyone else does this, stop half way. that shit really expands :/

WP_000064.jpg
WP_0000651.jpg
WP_0000661.jpg
WP_000067.jpg

completed the install. just waiting on seeds to germ and we'll be well on the way :thumb:

left side has a little light block and will be veg area, as im runnin autos i dont need it completely seperate would jus prefer they get more of the right light. am going to custom build my pot cause the space is so short finding the right dimensions is a nightmare. so will have to build that soon.. filter is a little noisier than i was hoping for, tbf it is a very gentle hum, but this needs 100% stealth, the box is on floorboards so thats not helping. considering hanging the filter, and putting a rug and insulation under the chest/box

WP_0000781.jpg
WP_000082.jpg

That is a sneaky little box love it I might do something stealthy in the house with a low rider

thanks mate, i would kill for it to be another 5 inches taller lol. cant wait for a bigger space to grow in

how many seeds are you germinating? ive just started another cheese seed of in the loft.

2-3 every four weeks. gunna buy some tight think im going for auto mazar or auto big devil XL they both get huge for autos but i wanna train em down like mad lol

fuck all i will be mad LSTing. i have enough horizontal room for sure. i could have 4 decent plants if it was the other way up lol. but il still get 2-3 tied down autos. considering a flux after the autos though. have just ordered 5 black cream from sweet seeds

exciting

got a non auto freebie seed called power africa or something if you look at light addicts thread the girl hes got tied down looks mad and would work in my space. but the grow time would be a lot longer. but yield higher so idk

the record yield from a auto is from a mazar. some pheno's go past the 60 day flower to a 100day cycle and go monsterous. theres a journal on automazars website somewhere

so 2 seeds cracked/germed jus waiting on the sprout, one is def a big devil auto, the other is a BD or pink ogre :)

^sweet

help needed please anyone lol

i have a artic cooling pc fan and im having problems wiring it up. iv only managed like the slowest of slow spins. tried with a old charger and with a higher output plug too..

specs are ; 12v, 0.18A 23000rpm

its a 64 silencer ultra Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 Ultra TC Athlon64 Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com

iv tried with

1-

input 230v - 50hz 140mA
ouput 12V 1.5A

and

input 230V 50hz 21mA 4.8va
output 3.7V 355mA

cool so rebuilt the box completely. heating and noise issues and the height restriction was shit. went out and bought a cabinet from a charity shop. ditched my 40 quid carbon filter and the 1000000cfm fan for the pc one witch eventually wired up to some random plug. one of the big devil shoots didnt make the change from the rediculously hot box to the new cab as it took a couple of days and i was forced to turn everything off while shit was sorted. not all that fussed though planted one of my black cream autos and although it stretched after i left it for a few days just LSTd the lanky stem under the soil and it seems to have worked. so the BD is maybe 2 weeks old and the black cream 10 days ish. i think the BD stunted a little hopefully it was more set back rather than stunted. i want a decent yield still.

also as alot of people have had results from the dual lights and my temp is at a steady 22c atm i decided to put up the 250 red cfl so 400w in there total now. atm theyre on a 24/0 scheme but gunna drop it to 20/4 in the next couple of days.

WP_000101.jpg
WP_0000901.jpg
WP_000097.jpg
WP_0001021.jpg

and the fish tank that feeds them. home to loaches corys platys shrimp and minnows.

WP_0000471.jpg

planning on giving them a compost tea on the next watering. but i doubt that will be for another week the moisture in the soil is holding really well and im trying to go with the letting it nearly go over dry then water method less is more etc.

another pic update tomorrow, theyv gone mental really going for it now, the little BC is catching the BD up now. also probs gunna start them on a 20/4 schedule tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom