Partial harvest?

Heisenbergo

Hello forum! My blueberry and euphoria should be ready in a week, at least the top buds. They are fat and coming close to the original harvest date.

Only problem is while the top buds are enormous, the ones down the plant get smaller and smaller and the ones at the bottom need at least 3 more weeks in my opinion.

Is it possible to harvest only those that are ready? I'm sure I've read about it somewhere.

Bonus pics:

IMG_20150626_225120.jpg
20150702065437.jpg
20150702065417.jpg

You sure can!

Wha a beautiful plant you have there!

You can harvest the finished bids and keep the pop corns going for later. In some cases. You can pick a bud and a new bus will grow back! It might be a bit late in flower for that. But you can certainly harvest partial. It's a common practice.

Best of luck to you! Enjoy your smoke!

You sure can!

Wha a beautiful plant you have there!

You can harvest the finished bids and keep the pop corns going for later. In some cases. You can pick a bud and a new bus will grow back! It might be a bit late in flower for that. But you can certainly harvest partial. It's a common practice.

Best of luck to you! Enjoy your smoke!

Do you just cut them and be done with it? I'm afraid it might stress too much the plant and slow down growth of the other buds (or even hermie on me).

Nah you'll be fine just cut the buds that look finished. Just the buds. Leave the stock. She's not going to stress to much. Specially when you remove her primary focus,she'll continue to keep the little buds as her focus

Thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and cut the ones that are ready and maybe some branches to allow more light to get to the lower ones.

Bringing this to the top cause I'm in the same boat. Did the partial harvest work Heinsenbergo??

Thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and cut the ones that are ready and maybe some branches to allow more light to get to the lower ones.

I just took 5 colas off one of mine and moved the pot up to get the canopy even with the other two plants in that tent. How did that work for you tucker99? Anyone else have experience with this. I really only have another week or so before they have to come down anyway.

Hello forum! My blueberry and euphoria should be ready in a week, at least the top buds. They are fat and coming close to the original harvest date.

Only problem is while the top buds are enormous, the ones down the plant get smaller and smaller and the ones at the bottom need at least 3 more weeks in my opinion.

Is it possible to harvest only those that are ready? I'm sure I've read about it somewhere.

I would back build those buds and wait for them to fatten up. They still have a ways to go. Breeder estimated days to harvest are unrealistic for home growers. That is under perfect conditions which the home grower just can not reproduce. For an example of bud progression pics check out my Bubble Kush journal in my signature you'll see why I think it's early.

p.s. guess it's too late to back build, should've checked the orig post date before replying. :)

I'm in day 49 of bloom and nothing is ready yet. But, I have several colas that are way more along than others. Maybe, 1/3 of the colas will be ready earlier than the other 2/3 of the plant. As a rule, how long does it take to have the balance of the plant ready to cut? I thought the plant started to die off after bloom. The flush causes the buds to suck all the nutrients from the leaves.

I took the main tops off my plants. The remainder came down about two weeks later. It all went great. It also lets you dry and trim in stages rather than all at once. The smaller buds didn't get much bigger (if any) but the did mature and finish just great - no apparent stress. I don't flush, however. I don't find improvements in taste doing so and I like to keep the girls as well fed and happy as possible right to the very end.

Back
Top Bottom