Patience Is A Virtue?

Day 35 . Res change tonight, going in at ph 5.8 and ec of 1.1, usually about as strong as I go, maybe to 1.2. Seems if I go much higher at this point in the grow, problems start to arise so leave well enough alone. Canopy temp at 76f, water temp at 67f and an rh of approx 44%. Once again the res. has stayed stable for the week with about 29 liters lost to transpiration. Will keep up on the slow trim, taking only fan leaves that are casting shadows on lower bud sites. Going to be some pretty tight bud sites so may need a third clip fan this time around. Depends on the rh which can spike when the soueasters blow. Lots of new pistol growth with just a few starting to redden up. Looking like another four weeks to go but so far all is well in the Zen garden. :peace: :Rasta:

A few bud shots. Starting to look tasty and the smellllllllllllllllll.

Hey Joe. You got a great system going there. Looks like a very creative bit of kit. You sure grow nice looking cannabis :yummy:
It’s always good to see it done well.
Enjoyed your journal for the details on your environmental conditions and other wee obstacles so cheers man.
Flowers are coming on pretty :battingeyelashes:

Hey thanks for checking it out @DonkeyDick. I keep tweeking my system but so far I am pleased with the ease of use and cleaning. It is a vastly downsized version of systems I knew as a younger man. Working well in a small area. As for nice cannabis , while I am learning fast I will give that one up to good seed stock. :Rasta:

Day 42 and they are really starting to show off. Surprise me but the Dr. CBD is one yummy looking plant. Old res. out and new in at ec1.3 and a ph of 5.8. The rh in the room has been steadily creeping higher these last few days ( 67%) so maybe a rise in temp. will help. Increased 2 degrees to 79f. and think I will hit up wallyworld for another clip fan. These bud sites are a lot closer then I would like. If the rh becomes extreme again then I will run both exhaust fans together, but so far no need for that. The higher rh means a green Xmas around these parts.
All the plants are bouncing back strong from the super cropping three weeks ago. This has definitely increased the number of bud sites that now have direct light and are growing strong. The canopy looks like a hurricane blew through but recovering fast. All seems well in the Zen garden.... except for that one damn noisy exhaust fan. :ganjamon:

Dr. CBD looking mighty yummy.

Blueberry doing its own thing but looking fine all on its own.

Morning all. Got a new toy for xmas.

This raises the question on when to harvest. Now for my Blueberry , is easy, I am looking for a heady high so a 5 to 10% amber trics. The Dr. CBD being a 1:1 is a little different or is it? I read somewhere that the CBD should be harvested a little earlier for best ripeness. Is this a true statement or should I be waiting for more amber as well? Time is getting close as I am seeing lots of cloudy trics. but really no amber as yet.

Day 49 and starting to show signs of finishing. Still not sure about when to harvest the cbd but know its close. 60 to 70% orange pistils and she is the first to show any amber trics. She is occupying the numero uno spot so to be expected. Res. change this evening and everything remains the same as the previous few weeks. This system is on cruise control. If it weren't for the top ups I wouldn't need to be here. Knock on a big piece of wood. An external top up res. is a must for a future build. Right now a small box nursery and a hydro rooting system is in the works. As this grow needs a few more weeks but I want to start seeds for a quickly upcoming grow comparison. This box will need to work for early veg as well. Details in the next few days.
And some good news from the garden is , I had my first real got whiff of strong blueberry from the little girl in the back. The pine and mint smell of the Dr. CBD has been all over powering up until today. Wish I could bottle it as the better half still doesn't believe Blueberry can smell like, well, blueberries. lol All is well in the Zen garden.
Group photo
Dr. CBD

Blueberry

Macro showing 50/50 clear /cloudy

Sugar leaf starting to show amber
Top of the top cola. Light burn causing tric. degradation ? Or Because she is absorbing the best of the best here she is starting to ripen. My thinking is the last one for sure.

Tric. check this evening and still not showing much. New pistil growth has really slowed with 90% red. Water intake has also slowed to a little over a half gallon a day. Also had to support a couple of buds that were on the outskirts. All good signs that these girls are getting real close. They are not cannibalizing them selves, but don't expect to see to much of that with maintaining the res. at ec.1.4 The ph has been good to me as well and staying +or-, 6, 6.2, just right for flower.
The rh has dropped and has been holding mid 50's, sure hope it holds for a few more weeks. Be nice to hang and dry in that instead of the 80's I dealt with last spring.
All is well in the Zen garden, at least this end of it. :(

Last evening it was time for a res. change. By the look of things this will be the last feed that these girls are going to get. Their water intake has slowed but not stopped as of Friday's top up. I have lightened the nute load for this last feeding. No cal/mag, no silica, 1/2- grow nutes and 3/4- hit of monster bloom. This dropped the ec. this time to .7, or just under half of what they would normally get. The rh. has remained pretty steady at 55%, sure hope that holds. I will be keeping a close eye on these as I am after a more heady high from the Blueberry and believe the CBD should be take a little early as well.
All is well in the Zen Garden.

You just got to trust the trics. Seven different colas and all showing a trace of amber. The time is ripe and my patience has been rewarded. Now to get things ready, the day is set for this Sunday.

Wow , Sunday and Monday were pretty busy and I forgot to post a couple of pics.
Harvest went good and only did a quick wet trim. I like to dry trim my buds but that is just my preference. A big thumbs up for super cropping, hands down the best technic I have learned that both controls canopy as well as increase volume. The super cropped branches were at least twice the wet weight as any growing around them. Dry weights to come.
Although the Dr. CBD had a very typical smell of pine and just a touch of lemon?, the Blueberry was all that with a very strong and distinct smell of a fresh bowl of blueberries. I'm gonna be lovin that. Tried a little tester quick dried by the pellet stove. A couple of low buds that were miscut while trimming. A heavy hit right off the bat, made me take a seat, but faded within an hour or so. To be fair though it was a immature bud, dried quick and I am a long time constant smoker. So looking forward to some of it when it has cured a month or so.
The rh when first cut was a perfect 62% but started dropping fast, down to a low of 42% I added a bucket of water with a rag hanging out and a fan blowing across it. The rh has risen to 58% so am happy with that. You could feel the increase in moisture in the drying buds. A few more days to go and then trim , jar and burping begins...

:ganjamon: :yahoo: :ganjamon:

Almost done with this grow journal and a few numbers have come in. Although not as good as past grows, still not too, too shabby. Total product jared,--112grams Dr. CBD
-48grams Blueberry
total -160 grams under 200 watts led
Near 50+ grams shy of past grows, but wasn't expecting the dr cbd to be a big producer. On the other hand I am a bit disappointed in the blueberry, but looking back I did have the problem with the pea gravel so maybe that contributed.
The bb produced lots of small hard nugs while the cbd produced more large chunky buds, both covered in trics. For a proper smoke report they need to cure for awhile. Not bad just dried with the blueberry hitting hard and fast but fades quick. The cbd on the other hand is very mellow and really lingers. Thought it would be much more sleepy but surprising not so.
My experiences with learning to grow will continue in my next journal featuring a bunch of canucks comparing grow styles highlighting @SeedsMan Black Sugar and @VIPARSPECTRA . On to new and better things, more lights and an attempt at growing outdoors as well. :peace: and the best of luck with your own growing trials and errors. All is well in the Zen garden.............................................................
Blueberry

Dr. CBD

Back
Top Bottom