Perlite Hempy - Autoflower Transplanting & FIM Questions

Hey everyone. I have been doing some research around the site and finding it sort of hard to get a solid answer of what to do and when on these specifics. There is lots of good info out there, but lots of times the and answer or solutions vary between each person and how they like to grow. This is my first try at hempys or any sort of hydro setup as well as my first go around for auto flowers.

I am not getting a lot of talk in my journal yet and would like to be prepared a little early rather than rushing things at the last minute and looking for answers if needed.

First question would be on transplanting. My autos are on day 16 now in hempy solo cups and are drinking from the reservoir ( can see a couple roots from looking in my drainage holes) and I had planned to up-pot to a 5 gal bucket. This may be a little overkill in size for autos i realize but am willing to give it a shot to see the results.
** Based on the pictures I will provide, should these girls be transplanted now before they reach the preflower stage? They are still pretty small so it almost seems as if the roots aren't as developed as I would like. Also, do you think the contents of the solo cup will stick together like a root ball or should I fill the cup with water to loosen the perlite and remove the plants roots carefully for transplant? **

both151.JPG

amnesia15top.JPG
candy15top.JPG

And as for my second question, I would like some opinions on FIM'ing and which node would be best to do so for these girls since they are growing so small. ( At least i find them small for 16 days old compared to past soil grows ) I have done some research and just cant decide due to their size.
** Again based on my pictures provided, should I wait another week to FIM right before the expected switch to flower and would the 3rd node be good to do so at? Or should i not FIM these girls at all because of the small size?

Any idea, suggestions and critiques are always welcome and will definitely be considered. If you would like to stop in at my journal to see their progress or more pictures and/or comment that would be great to. My journal link is in my signature. Thanks a lot in advance to all the great people here at :420: Have a great day and best of luck to all growers.

re: Perlite Hempy - Autoflower Transplanting & FIM Questions

Any takers on these topics? I would like to get this done by day 21 or so if I'm going to do it. If worse comes to worst maybe I will just do the FIM'ing to 1 of each strain and see how it goes.

Hey bro I've heard topping and feming could slow growth I'm like you I wanna pick and cut at my autos but I jus tuck fan leaves and let the under growth get as much light as she let's them when you tuck you fan leaves I've been doing it for a week now. You may have to tuck twice a day but it's better than topping and feming if it effects growth as ppl say I started mine in the pot I planed on finishing in and it has its pros and cons when you do that but as we figure out how we want to grow our plants is what's fits us advice and help is always good but self examples will help you tell me what I could do or can't so give your idea a try what's the worst case low yield and personal hands on knowledge as you know I'm also new to the autoflowers and farming and I've seen ppl pull off the socalled impossible you may be the next bro :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

Thanks Stewie. I ended up FIM'ing 1 of each strain and leaving the other 2 grow natural and see what the differences are like between the 2. I have noticed better lateral growth with the FIM'd girls, there are 2 nice thick lower shoots on my amnesia haze that will likely produce as much as the top 4 colas that are growing. I only noticed slowed growth in the FIM'd candy cane, but I also up-potted the day before FIM'ing the 2. All in all I think I will keep on doing this and on later grows will add in lst. I still have more seeds of these strains to grow out so I will be figuring out what they do and dont like along with other experimenting. It's all a learning curve to figure out what works best for me! :)

Hey I'm down for the ride I'll like to kno about other strains before I try them it will give me an idea on how to handle things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

Sure thing, thats the best way to learn! Hit up my journal in my sig and you can see the progress and differences between the 2 strains i am going as well as the difference in each strain between FIM'ing and not.

Back
Top Bottom