PH dropping in my RDWC system - Help please

Scrogdawg

I copied this from an earlier post in another thread. This on a 2 plant RDWC system. I added Ca/Mg (CaliMagic) for the first time at 25% the bottle rating and that alone shot my TDS up by 100ppm, wasn't really expecting that. Also mixed my Flora series nutrients 10% heavier than in the past so now water is 200ppm, Ca/Mg is 100ppm and nutes are 400ppm. So the new recipe going into the system when it warms up a few more degrees goes like this: PH - 5.9, TDS - 700 ppm, EC - 1.40 µS and Solution Temp - 69 ⁰F.

I did a water change with the above recipe on Friday afternoon and once the system settled down my meter recorded PH - 5.8, TDS - 720 ppm, EC - 1.44 µS and Solution Temp - 68 ⁰F. Now, Sunday afternoon and the readings have progressively reduced to PH - 5.6-7, TDS - 660 ppm, EC - 1.36 µS and Solution Temp - 69 ⁰F.

I'm fine with the TDS and EC going down as the plants consume the nutrients but I'm confused as to why the PH level is dropping as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts or an explanation for this??? Is it normal? Just trying to wrap my mind around it. Thanks.

Re: ...PH dropping in my RDWC system. Help please...

When the water level goes down the ph will drop, when it goes up the ph will will go up. :volcano-smiley:

The plants will tell you what to do...

When the ph drops water down ur mix, meaning to much nutes..

when ur ph rises they want more food, add nutes..
each strain is different , so going this way is the safest way dude..
If your ph stabalizes then hold your ppms there..
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That makes more sense to me Germinator. I have added some standing tap water to bring the PH back to 5.8. We'll see what happens. I did raise the nutrient level by 10% on the water change on Friday so everything kind of falls in place with your explanation. I'll let you know how it goes.

That makes more sense to me Germinator. I have added some standing tap water to bring the PH back to 5.8. We'll see what happens. I did raise the nutrient level by 10% on the water change on Friday so everything kind of falls in place with your explanation. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome. Let me know. It might stabilise on its own. Mine raises for a few days then levels out.

PH-EC_Chart1.jpg

Nice picture rifleman. It's getting posted on my wall. :)

Back
Top Bottom