Ph too high?

azaere56

The ph meter is reading the ph is too high ive flushed with 6.5ph water? any help would be appreciated.

IMG-20120221-00200.jpg

ya i have been battling w/ that as well. I heard someone talking about using dolomite lime but i have no idea what process is involved to do that. Can anyone help w/ that?

ya i have been battling w/ that as well. I heard someone talking about using dolomite lime but i have no idea what process is involved to do that. Can anyone help w/ that?

I mix 1 cup dolomite lime per 5 gallon bucket of soil. Works perfect. Your ph reader does not look that high to me if your in soil which you must be if your using lime then your fine. Add the lime anyway but your reading looks perfect to me. Peace

Soil is way more forgiving than hydro. Keep an ey on your leaves, they tell the story of your grow. It is better to mix the lime in with the soil but it is ok to put the lime over the top just use a half cup per 5 gal bucket or lightly sprinkle the top of each bucket then water with ph neutral water. I use freshwater from my fish tanks and WOW! Works great. I have 2 buckets that my large leaves keep turning yellow and dying off so i got some tiger bloom and mixed it to half strength that was recommended. I only have 4 weeks left in the flower but, i am obsessed what can I say. Check around with others because this is my second grow and I am still a novice. I have done a ton of research and taken some great notes but this is all trial and error until you have 4 or 5 grows under your belt and you get the hang of it. I would say your going to be fine as far as your ph reading. Peace

Yeah your in vegetative so it is definately too early for you to be dealing with light colored leaves. Just a few questions, whats the temp, humidity, fertilizer regimen? What soil did you use or did you use your own recipe? Can I ask why you decided not to top her? I topped all of mine and instead of one main cola I got 4. One of them has 9 main colas. She looks a little pale for sure so give me a little more info and we'll see what we come up with. You know who would have some answers? You might be right about the phosphorous. Peace

the temp is always between 76-80F. 40 perecent humidity. and bio grow liquid plant food NPK 4.0 - 3.0 - 6.0 water once every 3-4 days and feed every other water.

You could bump the humidity up to around 55 but that all sounds pretty good. Your just going to have to rule out the phosphorous. I don't think it's a potassium def. because the stems aren't purple. I would lean toward a phos def. bro. The temp is fine, mine get's down to 71 sometimes but not for long. Keep me posted man I am curious to see how this turns out. Peace

Your ph should be between 6-7 for proper nutrient uptake. Check to see if your nutes contain the micronutrients it needs. Your pics seem to indicate a problem in this realm. Dolimitic lime will add calcium and magnesium and will nutrilize your ph thus sweetening your medium as they say. It is better when added to medium before potting. Hydrated lime added to water at a rate of one tsp per gallon provides faster absorption. Hope this helps...
Malcolm...:smokin:

Get rid of that el-cheepo meter....I have 2 and neither one of them is accurate...by going with that probe meter, you probably will run into more problems than without it.... the only good thing those meter's are used for is moisture....

Using some good old r/o water and testing the run off will give you a much more accurate reading...

I used these meter's and they read that my soil was fine...6.5ish...a week later I was severly locked out, and run off was testing at 5PH....get yourself a good digital meter.

Back
Top Bottom