pH up & down

Fattis-Rattis

Is there a way to make your own pH up and down?
I've heard of some people who use baking soda & water combination for pH up. And for pH down, vinager is used.

I need pH up, can I use baking soda to regulate it?

Thanks for any help. :peace:

Is there a way to make your own pH up and down?
I've heard of some people who use baking soda & water combination for pH up. And for pH down, vinager is used.

I need pH up, can I use baking soda to regulate it?

Thanks for any help. :peace:

Yes but just now that Baking soda wont be as stable as buying hydroponic ph up & down.
I've used baking soda before, and it makes a great temporary fix while you're waiting for your ph up & down to be shipped, or if you have a sudden ph fluctuation, but i wouldnt recommend using it for your whole grow

Yes but just now that Baking soda wont be as stable as buying hydroponic ph up & down.
I've used baking soda before, and it makes a great temporary fix while you're waiting for your ph up & down to be shipped, or if you have a sudden ph fluctuation, but i wouldnt recommend using it for your whole grow

Do you happen to know if there are any adverse affects for using it in your whole grow?

Nah, the baking soda alone wont cause any harm to your plants, however its stability is questionable. You might be using the baking soda and still have ph problems

Ph up/down is fairly inexpensive and works very well. My tap water sits at about 8.0 Ph & it only takes 1/4 teaspoon of Ph down per 2 gallons of water to get the Ph to a more reasonable level. At that rate, a small tub of Ph down will last me forever. One thing I've learned is to never underestimate the value of having the correct Ph, it has solved all kinds of deficiency issues I had last year.

Back
Top Bottom