Plant died in 3 days, yikes

spysmasherr

So I had a thread a few weeks ago how great my Gorilla auto and swiss cheese were doing. Last Sunday I changed my water( like every week) with a new bath (same mix) and in 2 days my swiss cheese was dead. My HUGE gorilla right next to it was doing fine. So I took some drastic actions trying to save the Swiss cheese. Fresh water, lower nutrients, extra hydroguard (nervous about root rot which I had last year but this year no problems). No luck. Then I check on them yesterday, Swiss cheese is basically done but I see my gorilla is taking a dive. This gorilla was a healthy monster 2 days ago. Making a few adjustments now trying to save the gorilla. Took out of my closet, got some nice fresh water in. I know we've had a heat wave here which has been reDONKulous and I have no AC in closet/hse/ location. Could a few days of over 90 degrees take the plants out? I have hot days before with out problems but this was a nasty heatwave.
Hate too loose my gorilla since it was huge and in flower.

spy

Strange. I run RDWC in 82 to 88f water with hydroguard. Tents temp reaches up to 86s but mostly 81f. I can't see 2 days of 90+ killing your plants. Maybe contaminated water somehow?

For them to go bad that fast I'd say your airflow got blocked when you moved them around? (Roots drowned)

Oh the pain. The gorilla is dead. Two plants gone in a week.The gorilla was in flower too. So pissed. No idea what did it minus some severe heat.
Gonna cry in my bud...

dlm

Yeah well. Tough year for gardening I guess. My veggie garden seeds (mostly Beans) didn't pop. I think they were old. I got some new ones and planted them two weeks ago. Chipmunks ate my sunflower seeds I planted. Those f*ckers. And my outdoor seeds for the weed have been very slow coming out of the gate. Keep pushing I guess.
spy

Not really. Just changed bath and picked a few big leaves off. It is possible that all combined with real high heat might have been enough to tilt the plants in stress. Wish I knew cause I hate to start a new set of seeds without knowing what took out the last batch .
spy

Got a dead plant. Not much to see. It is pretty drooped over and dried out. Should the roots always be bright white? I did notice a little off white and I think they were always bright white when healthy, no?

spy

They just died, so by looking at leaves, burns, etc we may be able to help a bit

Plants don't just die, they need help
Water
Heat
Nutes
Light
Critters

Pics or it didn't happen

oH IT happened. I'll take a snap or two. Poor gorilla..

spy
Dead_Gorilla_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom