Plant growing uneven - One side bigger than other side - pH testing

aknoob

This is the first plant I have grown with control over it but earlier on in the grow my brother cut off two sets of true leaves and this slowed down growth a lot. I topped this plant but the clone didn't survive. I used only water / Bio Root and the root didn't form. The leaves soaked up all the water became water logged and really soft. Before I tried super cropping by pinching and bruising not bending the stems two days ago. I cut off a part of the leaf to allow more light to the lower leaves before I thought about 'tying' them down.

One side of the plant's leaves and colas are growing faster than the other side as you can see in the second picture. I was wondering if this is normal and if there was any way that I can make them grow more evenly. If we are going to test the soil for PH should we use the top soil or soil from deeper inside the pot?

Strain — White widow
# of Plants — 1 — 4 or 5 weeks old? I forgot how long ago this was started.
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon plant pot
Lights - (2) "Lights of America 150 Watt Sunlight Desk Lamp" / Phillips 2700k LED
Nutrients - General Hydroponics General Organics Go Box
Medium - Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil
PPM - Unknown
PH - Unknown
RH - Unknown
Room Temperature - 70 to 75
Solution Temperature - Unknown. Is this only for hydro or the water / nutes we give it?
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - None Known possible thrips. Silvery metallic looking sheen on some of the leaves

IMG_009549.JPG

IMG_009661.JPG

Nothing to worry about, looks good. Could be the way the lights are hitting it... Nothing to worry about. Keep it up.

Uneven growth is normal, but you can control that by tying down the longer branch to let the side branches catch up. You will get bonus sprouts along the tied-down stem that will eventually add more buds to your harvest. I often have to tie down during flowering, but it's best to do as much as you can while it's in veg. It's even better to start the training when very young, while the stems are pliable.

Rotating the plant once a day or two helps even out growth, too. But you will most likely need to LST to keep the canopy even.

Plant looks perfectly fine to me, it is completely normal for plants to not grow perfectly symmetrical. Even people are not perfectly symmetrical, if you look in the mirror chances are one ear will be slightly higher then the other, or one arm may be slightly larger then the other. It is completely normal. My wife has one boob that is slightly larger then the other, and she has turned out just fine, least so far the past 30 years, I may have to change my mind about her come harvest time in say 30 or 40 more years :rofl:

You need to get all dominant with the dominant one, strap that girls arm down and the next highest point becomes the dominant growing point. Keep raising and lowering the growing tips to create a nice even canopy.

Thanks everybody. I was just wondering about it. I didn't notice a big difference between the size of the colas and leaves on the last grow.

Back
Top Bottom