Plant weeping and sides of leaves curled up?

joshmanblue5

420 Member
The title pretty much says it all, this is my first grow and I'm about 2 1/2 weeks in and my plant started weeping the last couple days, some times it weeps alot sometimes a little. Also for more than a week now the leaves have been curled up on the sides of them. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Marijuanaplantweek2.jpg

Humidity is only 20% in this room and it's under a fluorescent bulb (26 watt i think?) with a small fan blowing on he bulb soo it shouldn't be heat. Could it be too big and lacking light under only one fluorescent bulb?

Humidity is only 20% in this room and it's under a fluorescent bulb (26 watt i think?) with a small fan blowing on he bulb soo it shouldn't be heat. Could it be too big and lacking light under only one fluorescent bulb?

i veg 4 plants under 125watt cfl so ur light shud b fine for veg it may grow slow but i think ur problem is humidity 20% is very low the ideal range for a plant in veg is between 50-70% get a bowl fill it with water and put in ur grow room this might help i wud sugest gettin a small humidifier tho

Looks to me like low humidity issue.... try adding a humidifier, wet towels, or a few dishes of water to your tent.... should help raise the RH for you... also you can try raising the lights slightly until the RH gets back in the acceptable range for veg... 40-60%

hi joshmanblue

just one to watch with the wet towls i find they are a haven for mold to grow in them and then blow round ur room personally id just go with the bowl of water tilll u get the humidifier sorted just my opinion tho also just to let u no 45%-55% is roughly wot ur aiming for in flower i wudnt suggest droping to 20% for flower it will still stress the plant

hi joshmanblue

just one to watch with the wet towls i find they are a haven for mold to grow in them and then blow round ur room personally id just go with the bowl of water tilll u get the humidifier sorted just my opinion tho also just to let u no 45%-55% is roughly wot ur aiming for in flower i wudnt suggest droping to 20% for flower it will still stress the plant

I have to disagree with that. 40% humidity during flower is perfect. 50% and above is inviting Powder Mold during flower.

I'm not even concerned about flowering yet lol. I just wanna get through Veg first! Haha. But 40% seems safer for flowering imo, but then again what do i know? This is my first grow lol

hi joshmanblue

With a RH of 20%, you will not develop mold on the wet towels...I do this all the time when it gets too dry.... the towels will be dry within 3 hours or so, won't have to worry about mold until RH hits around or above 50%. You will have to re-wet the towels every few hours....but its better than stressed plants...but this is just my 2 cents, if other's have experienced mold issues with wet towels during extremely low RH%, then disregard this info, but so far, I haven't had any issues.

Update, Ive been letting it dry out for 3 or 4 days now and it got worse! Ive also had the humidity at 50% for the last 2 days. Here are updated pics of the worse condition. I also noticed the leaves have light green spots on them.

Plant_Drooping.jpg

IMG_20120216_014843.jpg

What Kind of nutrients have you been feeding her? Whats your soil runoff PH? Its hard to tell but it could be N defficiency as well. Start with checking your soil runoff PH, this will let ya know if it is an issue which may eliminate possibilities. If you haven't been using any nutrients, not sure what type of soil your using, but you may want to think about starting to give them light feedings...

The droopy leaves usually indicate that its time for a watering.... the leave curling however is looking better :)

yea i agree with icemud u need to check ur soil ph and let us no exactly what ur feeding also wot soil ur using

is ur soil dry? u want to be waterin wen the top inch of soil drys because saturated soil can cause similar symptoms also if it doesnt drain very good

so to check ph how ever many litres or gallons of soil uve got in ur pot x that by 2 or 3 and thats how much water you need e.g if its a 10litre pot u need 25/30 litres of water leave it standing for 24hours to declorinate and then check the ph so say for example it gives u a reading of 8 get ur pot make sure uve got a big enough catch tray and also a second little tray to take the water so pour it through and let it drain into the big catch tray once youve poured all through move the pot to the 2nd tray to catch the last bit of run off now ph that water and report back the reading

This is honestly a mess around plant, I'm waiting till march to get the money to finish my grow room. This was just bag seed that i planted and ran with. Soo i don't even have a PH tester yet. Soo far i have a 400w MH/HPS light, closet set up for everything and covered in mylar, all i really need is the ducting, duct fan, oscillating fan, good soil and a PH tester, which i can get for about $150-$200. Soo untill then i was just messing around and seeing how far i could get lol. If it's a PH problem then i guess it won't be fixed, but it all seemed to happen 2 weeks ago when i gave it the first dose of nutes and the first time i poured water in it till it drained out the bottom, I first started noticing limping a day or 2 later and now it's been limping on and off for 2 weeks now. Btw I'm using the recipe for success kit by Technaflora

I am using the same nutrients, and having the same problem. Next time i think ill try BPN, it seems to be more popular and more forgiving. My plants perk up when i water them but it goes back to being limp in a couple of days. Well, only the plants in soil go limp. The ones that are in Perlite/vermiculite are booming.

Back
Top Bottom