Planting clones

Giantsfan24

I'm going to finally start my grow this week and have a dumb question...

I'm going to get clones and I'm assuming they'll be in rockwool..they will be Oaksterdam clones....and I'm wondering if I can just plant them directly into the container I'm going to finish with?

I think I can but just wanted to confirm...

:peacetwo:

Yes you can.

Just be sure of a couple of things.

Make sure you have GOOD contact between the RW cube and your mix on all sides. The mix should be fairly wet. I keep top pressure on the cube with a finger to hold it and work the mix in firmly all around and under the cube. The cube should be buried ~1/2" or so on top.

If there is not good contact, it will cause an air space/gap that the roots will not bridge.

Water in really well and totally saturate the medium and rockwool. Flush type wet. If the medium is drier than the RW, it will suck moisture out of the RW and your clone.

If the RW and medium are both saturated then allowed to dry out normally, they will reach a balance that will stay maintained with normal wet/dry cycles.

It's a feel thing. You need to have good contact between the RW and the mix, but you also don't jam the mix in so tight that the roots can't penetrate. LOL I use a lot of perlite in my mix (~40%), so it's kinda hard to over compress.

HTH

DD

Yes you can.

Just be sure of a couple of things.

Make sure you have GOOD contact between the RW cube and your mix on all sides. The mix should be fairly wet. I keep top pressure on the cube with a finger to hold it and work the mix in firmly all around and under the cube. The cube should be buried ~1/2" or so on top.

If there is not good contact, it will cause an air space/gap that the roots will not bridge.

Water in really well and totally saturate the medium and rockwool. Flush type wet. If the medium is drier than the RW, it will suck moisture out of the RW and your clone.

If the RW and medium are both saturated then allowed to dry out normally, they will reach a balance that will stay maintained with normal wet/dry cycles.

It's a feel thing. You need to have good contact between the RW and the mix, but you also don't jam the mix in so tight that the roots can't penetrate. LOL I use a lot of perlite in my mix (~40%), so it's kinda hard to over compress.

HTH

DD

Exactly the answer I was looking for...thank you so much..this really helps.

:)

Back
Top Bottom