Plants bugged?

orellej

420 Member
i have some autos growing in pots in southern window. the bottom leaves are turning yellow and i can see mostly red "things", tiny spots or bugs on the top of the leaves mostly using a magnifying glass. can't see any legs, no movement. i had fungus flies this summer and still see one once a day or so if that has anything to do with it.
what is going on here? the last plants had this too but i changed pots and soil. advice appreciated. j

o.k., got a pic. those dots are apparently bug droppings... i just was looking at some leaves higher up and saw some green bugs walking around. they are green with a row of legs on each sides, not spider or grasshopper looking. little bastards... i want them gone! plants are almost done but i am thinking this could explain the earlier lack of trichomes. i will hit they hydro store tomorrow and get something to kill them.j
P1070437.jpg

looked in rosenthal's book and i am guessing thrips? says they live in the soil and eat the leaves so i am thinking use something to kill them in the soil, then wrap bottom of plant with saran wrap? keep them trapped below the plant and wipe off the leaves? anyone? i have never seen a thrip before but they have no wings, too short and no hopper like rear legs like aphids. whatever, they are killing my plants. j

I second that thought on it being thrips...almost pretty sure by the black dots which I believe are there poop. I've found for thrips, a product called Spinosad works wonders. I picked up some by the brand name Bonide and I think its called something like Captain Jacks Deadbug. It is organic so you don't have to worry about spraying poison on your plants and it worked wonders for me. Other options are insecticidal soaps. I would highly recommend the spinosad!

thanks for vid., tose are them but mine are much smaller and GREEN. that guy didn't mention they can be green even though the ones in the vid were green...
i sprayed the soil with some poison, the hard stuff, then took a plastic bag with the bottom cut off and sealed it around the pot and plant. then wiped each leaf with a wet rag. i will be cutting them in about a week, as soon as tris start to turn amber. i will sterilize my soil in the future. strain is one i have been working on. it's an auto but twice the size of the lr2, a mix of a couple autos that should get to be 3' outside, this one is 20" inside with just sunlight, least sun of the year too. j

Back
Top Bottom