Plants falling over! Newbie needs help fast

Sheena

I have a 4 ft plant that is falling over! She appears to be healthy, blooms everywhere. Ive been feeding her all the things that this page has suggested. I've put so much work into these girls and need help ASAP. I'm about to rush out for more dirt( to build the base up) and to buy some sort of support system. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new to growing my self but thought i'd try and give you some help. From my understanding you are going to either want to get some bamboo sticks to tie the stem to for extra support or some sort of netting which by the sounds of it may be the better option, a quick search came up with this, checkout the first reply.

Heavy buds and broken branches?

Again, I am in no way experienced so don't quote me but it may be worth trying if no one that knows what they are talking about replies.

Best of luck!

Plants often need to be staked up for support. Long wood stakes, bamboo poles, tomato cages, yoyo ties from something above, screens, etc. all work depending on your situation. Also, 'K' and 'Ca' build strong stems and branches.

I have been feeding tiger bloom, ca mag, and the lubricant recommended on this site. I don't know why they suddenly toppled over.

and the lubricant recommended on this site.

I hope that's an autocorrect issue, lubricants are not needed and probably not advised for use on plants :)

I'm in the same boat as you, only difference is I haven't added and cal/mag because I use tap water. I have some 4' bamboo stakes coming to tie the plant to. Should be all it needs.

Theyre toppling over due to packing on some hefty buds there pal. I strongly recommend get a scrog net from the local hydro store OR fish net, pretty much the same thing. My plants topple over too so thats why i been using scrog nets for years.

If they are outside, I use 1x2 lumber, 8' long and drive them into the ground about 2' ($0.84 ea.)
I then use string to tie up the plant to the stakes.
Indoors, same thing, but with 4' bamboo driven into the pots.

Back
Top Bottom