Plants look like they're flowering ahead of schedule

Louiebee123

420 Member
Hi guys I have 3 tents growing and they're at different stages. My first tent is in flowering and looks nice. Its my first grow and this forum has been very helpful. My third tent tho is very far from the flowering stage and I got the seeds from a mate. Gotrila glue and jack frost and then random seeds no idea what they're called. They look like they've started to flower, I haven't reduced the lighting to 12/12. Its like they're auto flower but seeing this is ly first grow i can't identify what the seeds may be. Or if I've done something wrong. The first pics will be of my flowering tent and they're being run by 600w hps hence the colour. My other 2 are run by 1000w l.e.d

20220320_121803.jpg

20220320_121822.jpg

20220320_121838.jpg

20220320_122042.jpg

20220320_122048.jpg

My first tent is in flowering and looks nice. Its my first grow and this forum has been very helpful.<Snipped some stuff.> The first pics will be of my flowering tent and they're being run by 600w hps hence the colour.
Turn off the grow lights for the few minutes it takes to get the photograph. Just use the white or normal light that comes from the ceiling light or put a table or floor lamp near the tent door. The strong colors given off by the various types of grow lights make it harder for the camera's autofocus to focus properly. And, since the lights throw the color off it makes it harder for people to see the true colors of leaves which can become very important when trying to explain problems later on.

As it is, the first couple photos, even though they are very, very yellow show a lot of spots on the leaves. The second set of photos with true colors show similar spots.

Looks like a bit of a Spider Mite problem starting. Since you are many weeks away from harvesting there is still time to get it under control. Might not be able to get rid of every insect but hopefully enough that the plant stays healthy right up to the end.

then random seeds no idea what they're called. They look like they've started to flower, I haven't reduced the lighting to 12/12. Its like they're auto flower but seeing this is ly first grow i can't identify what the seeds may be.
Are those the plants in the 4th and 5th photos? Most likely then that they are some autoflower like you are figuring. I do not know of any way to tell what the strain is just by looking at the seeds or the plant.

@SmokingWings said:
As it is, the first couple photos, even though they are very, very yellow show a lot of spots on the leaves. The second set of photos with true colors show similar spots.

Looks like a bit of a Spider Mite problem starting. Since you are many weeks away from harvesting there is still time to get it under control. Might not be able to get rid of every insect but hopefully enough that the plant stays healthy right up to the end.

I agree... check underside of leaves for bugs. If bugs, I recommend to spray with solution of pure neem oil mixed with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap: 2 tbsp neem, 1 tbsp soap, per gallon water, shake well. I also sometime add a small amount of pure orange oil (limonene) to this mixture, which is a potent insecticide. Be careful with orange oil – too much can burn leaves. I use a pump sprayer like this one.

How old are the plants? My guess is they are autos, especially if they started flowering at about 4-6 weeks old. I agree you need to check the underside of those leaves, it certainly has indications that the Borg have arrived! You may also have some nute issues, the brown edges of the leaves and leaf tips are a sign of a potential potassium issue. It's not too bad yet, but if the browning of the leaf margins continues, you'll need to take some action.

How old are the plants? My guess is they are autos, especially if they started flowering at about 4-6 weeks old. I agree you need to check the underside of those leaves, it certainly has indications that the Borg have arrived! You may also have some nute issues, the brown edges of the leaves and leaf tips are a sign of a potential potassium issue. It's not too bad yet, but if the browning of the leaf margins continues, you'll need to take some action.

Back
Top Bottom