Please help, getting worried over here

JayM

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a White Widow plant at the end of week 4 flower. I'm trying to discern whether my issue is a due to PH, or if my plant is just super hungry.

Plants are in soil:
Pro Mix Soil
15% manure
25% perlite
1tbsp dolomite lime per gal

Using gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 nutrients.

Both plants are in 5 gal buckets with tons of holes drilled through.

Here are some photos:
20201203_174106.jpg

AK-47 on the left and White Widow, who I'm having problems with, on the right. Both just finishing week 4 since flip to 12/12.
Also 2 little autos I just threw in.

Here's what I've noticed. I noticed this 3 days ago and it is spreading fast.
20201203_1738479.jpg

Lots of brown spots, tips look almost nute burned in certain areas, not so much in this photo. But its brown patches and brown dots in certain areas.

20201203_173829.jpg
There's an example of the brown spots.

It's happening mostly on old growth but it's also on some new areas.

20201203_173810.jpg

Here's another one.

Another weird symptom, purple streaks in my main stem:
20201203_173958.jpg

Since my AK-47 looks absolutely fine, I was comfortable enough to think my PH was in the right range. I thought and hoped it was just hungry so I advanced my next feeding and gave 2 tbsp per gal of gaia green (70% bloom 30% all purpose) and 2 tbsp of dolomite lime.

I watered it until I saw maybe 10% runoff with PH'ed water in hopes to somewhat correct PH if that were the problem and to also kind of water in the dry amendments. After 2 days, it has only spread more, I'm not sure how long until these nutes become active but now I'm getting worried, things were going so well...

Anyway, please help me out with you opinions and please let me know what I should do here.

Thank you!!

Thanks Pennywise. For PH, I have a general hydroponics dropper tester. I PH every time I water at about 6.8, and to check I test the small amount of runoff I get and it looks like it comes out just under 6.0?

Is using the drop and the water sample an accurate method? Any recommendations on a fast acting calcium supplement?

Thank you for the help.

the drops can be inaccurate. 6.8 is a touch high, but not extreme. your outputs won't tell you much. it's the inputs that matter.

Thanks Lime. I'm going to create a eggshell/vinegar solution and add to water Ph'd at 6.5 for my next water... hopefully something will change because its spreading quite fast..

that solution will take some time to cook down in to a usable form. you might just wanna get some cal-mag.

Thanks Lime. I'm going to create a eggshell/vinegar solution and add to water Ph'd at 6.5 for my next water... hopefully something will change because its spreading quite fast..
Eggshells need to go into compost and broken down for awhile, prior to giving it to plant in soil, for it to work effectively.

Just get a bottle of cal/mag.

@JayM

This is how I'm doing it with HP Promix soil....

After seed has popped and the plant is now ready to be up potted into its final container... 1,2,3 steps.

#1) Pre-mix Nutrients into soil before up potting.

Thoroughly mix into soil
(2 tbsp-444)
(2 tbsp-284)
(2 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
No food for 3 weeks, only water.

#2) Vegging
Gently dig/throughly mix
(1tbsp-444)
(1tbsp-284)
(1 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Apply every 3 weeks untill your ready to flower.

#3) Flowering
Gently dig/throughly mix
(2tbsp-284)
(1tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Apply every 3 weeks untill flowing is done.

For your current situation, I'd suggest a bottle of Cal-Mag+

Hope it helps.

@JayM

This is how I'm doing it with HP Promix soil....

After seed has popped and the plant is now ready to be up potted into its final container... 1,2,3 steps.

#1) Pre-mix Nutrients into soil before up potting.

Thoroughly mix into soil
(2 tbsp-444)
(2 tbsp-284)
(2 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
No food for 3 weeks, only water.

#2) Vegging
Gently dig/throughly mix
(1tbsp-444)
(1tbsp-284)
(1 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Apply every 3 weeks untill your ready to flower.

#3) Flowering
Gently dig/throughly mix
(2tbsp-284)
(1tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Apply every 3 weeks untill flowing is done.

For your current situation, I'd suggest a bottle of Cal-Mag+

Hope it helps.
Awesome thanks a lot. I'm assuming WC is Worm Castings? And the 2tbsp for the nutes is 2tbsp per gallon? Thanks I will use this recipe next grow, makes a lot of sense.

Awesome thanks a lot. I'm assuming WC is Worm Castings? And the 2tbsp for the nutes is 2tbsp per gallon? Thanks I will use this recipe next grow, makes a lot of sense.
Correct 2 tbsp per 1 gal...
WC = worm castings yes

Step 1 is when your seeding is starting to need food. Only do step 1 once.
Then step 2 repeatedly till your ready to flip... step 3 repeatedly till you harvest. No flush at all. Just water every time till 10% water runoff..
Done deal ,)

Should i also do a foliar spray of epsom salt for mag too?? Do i do that each day? Thanks

No you dont need Magnesium.

Try a slurry of EWC and kelp meal let sit in water overnight dilute and water in.

This will bring your plants back online. I think you're lacking in Ca as Penny mentioned.

There's no real shortcut to adding Calcium due to the changes in your pH that this brings.

You can use Gypsum since it wont change the soil pH but its only marginally soluble.

Cal/mag as mentioned foliar on. Likely whats happening is you're running out of Ca and you have more than enough Mg.

An Mg toxicity looks pretty close to a Ca deficit. They are related. So best to add Ca but it changes the soil pH and that's bad too. Gypsum in a pinch but Kelp meal and ewc compost will have everything you need. for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom