Pocket Microscope

cropduster044

I'm looking for a good quality 60x-100x pocket scope with built-in LED lighting in the $25-50 range. I've tried the cheapies costing around $10 and I was really dissapointed - should have known better.

Any recommendations?

Thanks...CD

:peacetwo:

Back in July I purchased a microscope with a light that attaches to my iPhone... it's really convenient to see my herb close up on a screen and then take photos of the trichomes magnified. It works well, but I'm still looking to buy a 420 scope in the future.

Get a good high quality Jewelers Loupe instead!

In that price range the only scope you are going to get will be garbage, but for the same money you can pick up a BeLOMO Triplet 10x loupe which is considered by most serious growers to be one of the best loupes around! For one thing it uses a precision optical "glass" lens instead of the crappy cheap acrylic plastic lenses pocket scopes usually contain. You can't check your trichomes properly if you can't see them clearly without distortions and color issues.

I also have a microscope, but a good lab grade scope with a 2.0 megapixel camera attachment will run you around $175.00. Pretty reasonable actually, but nothing for $25.00 or even double that price is going to even remotely approach the quality I get with my Celestron lab grade scope. At least if you want to accurately judge trichome development and appearance. ;)

I've got a lot of scope shots of my GDP and Blueberry Kush buds just before harvest in my main journal and in my GDP start to finish journal. Check em out and compare with the usual photos you see posted by folks using their cheap pocket scopes. Pretty much a night and day difference in image and color quality. ;)

A Triplet will show your trichomes just as sharp and clear, just not as large as 90x through a Celestron scope.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom