Police: Man Making Hash Oil Believed To Have Caused Apartment Explosion

The General

Dozens were evacuated on an icy Saturday night after police say a small explosion rattled a Springs apartment complex. The incident happened just before 10 p.m. at a complex on the 300 block of University Drive, near Airport. Responding officers say that after arriving on scene, they found a 51-year-old man who admitted to living inside the unit where the explosion occurred.

After investigating further, police say they believe 51-year-old Lee Brown was making hash oil inside the apartment, using butane fuel. They say at some point the butane fuel ignited, causing the explosion. Hash oil is a high-potency form of marijuana. Brown was arrested for suspicion of unlawful possession, and manufacturing of a controlled substance; offenses relating to marijuana and marijuana concentrate; keeping, maintaining, controlling, renting, or making available property for unlawful distribution or manufacture of controlled substances; and reckless endangerment. A 29-year-old man was also in the apartment at the time of the explosion, but was not arrested.

explosion.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Kktv.com
Author: KKTV

Butane is the MOST explosive gas you can get your hands on - it is the only gas that requires a very low air to gas ratio for a big BOOM. Never make BHO inside, a fan motor, flame from the pilot, even static electricity from carpeting - will set off the biggest bang.

I have also seen flash fires from alcohol processing of marijuana - ethyl or rubbing alcohol gives off fumes too that can ignite. A crock pot gave off fumes in a laundry room, the pilot for the hot water heater lit it up.

Meanwhile, I do make dabs and ice water hash.

DN

These dumbass people who keep making it indoors and blowing shit up are going to ruin it for us. If they keep blowing their residences up then they are going to make it illegal like it is in Cali.

One would think @ 51 there would be some common sense used .... and if you cannot do it because of winter outside or harsh conditions stock pile when u can. STUPID is stupid does.

This is true - this winter - with 20 degrees, high winds - it is impossible to cook off the butane dump. I have made it around 45-50 degrees - use a sock soaked in hot water wrapped around the pipe to keep the butane liquid! At 45 degrees the butane still bubbles off ok, albeit slower. Someone suggested a electric cooking tray outside..

Just be patient - try dry ice or icewater extraction...

Stupid people do cause trouble - growing unsecured grows, over plant count, selling to strangers, and giving medibles to kids and strangers - it just gives ammo to the cops and judges.

DN

These dumbass people who keep making it indoors and blowing shit up are going to ruin it for us. If they keep blowing their residences up then they are going to make it illegal like it is in Cali.

It's a weird dynamic here in California. It's illegal to make but ok for the dispensaries/collectives to give to patients. But you only see someone getting busted when they blow themselves up.

Ventilate!!!
Open window + Fan!!!
Flammable gas + confined space = danger!!!
Ventilate!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but ventilation uses electricity and electricity is a spark. I believe doing it outside away from any spark and let fully degass b4 running extension cord and electric skillet. If it's cold I just now learned the cloth soaked in hot water around the tube but I blast into a glass dish sitting in another that is filled with hot water. BHO is not the problem morons are. Not indicating the quoted person as a moron but the people that blow them selfs up are.
image8295.jpg

you are wrong....turn the fan on before you start...its the switch that sparks...don't ask how I know....lol

mojo

sorry brother but apparently you have never opened up a electric motor. inside a electric motor are brushes little magnet looking things that are gaped away from the motor...and right there is a spark like on a spark plug and that in an enclosed space with high concentrations of flammable gas can come in contact with one another causing an ignition source....BOOM! the other way is that you fill the room with enough gas to bridge the gap of the electrical outlets (the two wholes that make positive and negative)....and BOOM!! I believe in K.I.S.S... keep it simple stupid. go out side away from ALL sources of SPARK blast let evaporate bring inside use laser temp gun and hot plate keep under 140* fully purge and live longer. but if you feel safe using highly combustible gasses sucking them through/past a electric motor putting that concentrated highly combustible gas near a motor running purely on electrical current that is flowing through any number of broken wires and most definitely past the brushes go right ahead, Russian roulette can be fun. or you could just play it safe and go out side away from all sparks and not end up on the news but hey we all have a wild side. some of U.S. feel the need for fame.

Back
Top Bottom