Politoed Grows Fastbuds Auto OG Kush, Cream Cookies & Grapefruit In Hempy Under 500W Budget LED

Missing photos from the last update:

Here is the gang before and after touching up the LST and doing some light defoliation. You can see the deficiency from last weeks issue on the Cream Cookies in the back left. Theyre doing much better now.
32C59CD4-9560-4B50-9E33-F7F40A3527A3.jpeg
54E59BB4-CF01-4BA4-891B-88EAA9FF9A18.jpeg
B4CC123C-8345-4D88-B40C-3F2AACB7933E.jpeg
5BA79588-EA41-4169-856E-636DBE860B6D.jpeg

Nutes (/gal)
CC - Chased my tail all week around a magnesium deficiency and calcium lockout.
4ml Micro / 1-3ml Gro / 3-5ml Bloom / 1-4ml calmag+, was able to find a sweet spot at 2ml. If I want to add more, I may need to start filtering my tap water first. I could also be way off, I am not a scientist.
GF/OG Kush - 4ml Micro / 1ml Gro / 5ml Bloom / 2ml calmag+

Temp: 68-77°F
RH: 40-55%

-
Also.. the seed fairy came! I already dropped a 5 pack of Fastbuds Fastberry last night. 2.5gal pots, 3 hempy and 2 Ocean Forest/Perlite 50-50 mix. I placed an order for photos 16 days before this auto order, who knows what happened to that package. Probably disappeared to the same place as trumps tax returns and obamas birth certificate. I blame Bill Gates as that seems to be the trendy thing to do. Good thing I got insurance.
2FC52380-1B87-46E3-B0EE-1BFFF82BFB12.jpeg

Looking good dude, I’ve never grown autos. I’m not opposed to the idea of it though. If all goes well with the seed experiment maybe I’ll try to grow some and do the same thing with autos. I’ve done some reading on it already.
the unpredictability of the size is equal parts fun and annoying. i like the control that comes with photos, but both have their place i suppose.

dude i hope you do! i was thinking of trying to do the reverse on a branch or two of the fastberries i just dropped. from what i understand, ruderalis is a recessive gene and is only passed down about 20% of the time.. does self pollinating increase those odds?

20% of the time.. does self pollinating increase those odds?

Id love to lie to you, but I won’t. From what I understand, when crossing an auto with a photo you’d get 25% auto 75% photo. Then when you cross the offspring auto to auto you get 100% auto. Now starting with an auto to create S1 seeds.... I would think that that they’d be 100% auto but since it’s been selfed one would assume it would hold a hermie trait. Don’t quote me on that those are just my thoughts and I could be completely wrong. I’ll do some research on it and we will revisit this.

Week 7 - Fattening

Another good week in the 4x4..

Grapefruit is stacking nugs and has stopped stretching. One pheno smells like a bitter citrus, the other has bumpy stems and smells like peach rings, one of the best all time candies. Frosty as hell too, cant wait to taste them.

OG Kush is getting fatter by the day and has started frosting up too. One pheno seems more sativa dominant with lighter, skinnier leaves. Both smell great and will probably yield the densest nugs.

Cream Cookies is definitely gonna close the show. Theyre 1-3 weeks behind some of the other plants flower wise. The one on the bottom left has gotten so big, its taking up 25% of the tent all on its own. She is gonna be a heffer, cant wait to see the yield. The other runty one has really sprung up and is turning out to be a decent plant as well.

Did some pretty heavy defoliating right before the pics.. this will be the last round for Grapefruit and OG Kush, save a stray leaf here or there. The big Cream Cookies will probably need another haircut in 2-3 weeks.

Nutes (ml/gal)
CC - 5ml Micro / 3ml Gro / 3ml Bloom / 2.5ml Calmag+
OGK/GF - 5ml Micro / 1mlGro / 6mlBloom / 1.5ml Calmag+

I will be stopping the Gro as of yesterday on OG Kush and Grapefruit.

Temp: 68-77°F
RH: 40%
Got a GE dehumidifier the other day. The environment is now totally on lock.

33295FC8-265B-44E6-AC02-1A2476B1AF07.jpeg
76DE1C85-4D86-4E14-B5A1-A1881BC7F909.jpeg
331EE475-18DC-410E-A25D-962167CED91F.jpeg

a bit unrelated to this grow, but heres some progress pics of my new grow space currently under construction.

BD019315-9D9C-4646-93AC-1B50DA204B51.jpeg

veg and autos will go in here. a 4’ 4 lamp t5, and two Mars TSW2000s vented and filtered by an ac infinity cloudline s6.
23C46C55-5C04-4EEA-9DA6-0A31497F6FBE.jpeg

photoperiods going in here with my two @Budget LED series 3 250w+ red spec, vented and filtered by an ac infinity cloudline t6. dehu goes in here.
C26E6612-C437-42BA-8B85-9D5443860B1C.jpeg

still have to hang the panda film, cover the floor, and set up the vents and lights. a lot of work for one man in a hot summer attic!

a before pic for perspective
EC8BA4F9-CF02-4750-8A0E-479CDFBC5AF3.jpeg

@Canadadoes what do you think so far?

Aloha Politoed!

New grow space looks wonderful! Lots of space to fill with plants and dive into some variety! Beautiful work on your plants as well.. They are stacking nicely and you will have some fat colas soon. Before this current run I harvested Sweet Seeds killer kush (OG Kush) and it’s got some power to it! I’m m subbed up for the rest of the show!! Have a blessed day my Braddah!

Aloha
:passitleft:

a bit unrelated to this grow, but heres some progress pics of my new grow space currently under construction.

BD019315-9D9C-4646-93AC-1B50DA204B51.jpeg

veg and autos will go in here. a 4’ 4 lamp t5, and two Mars TSW2000s vented and filtered by an ac infinity cloudline s6.
23C46C55-5C04-4EEA-9DA6-0A31497F6FBE.jpeg

photoperiods going in here with my two @Budget LED series 3 250w+ red spec, vented and filtered by an ac infinity cloudline t6. dehu goes in here.
C26E6612-C437-42BA-8B85-9D5443860B1C.jpeg

still have to hang the panda film, cover the floor, and set up the vents and lights. a lot of work for one man in a hot summer attic!

a before pic for perspective
EC8BA4F9-CF02-4750-8A0E-479CDFBC5AF3.jpeg

@Canadadoes what do you think so far?
Love it and awesome job! The slanted wall will help boost par readings on the edges too. Long term, I am hoping to do something similar but in one end of a pole barn.

Aloha Politoed!

New grow space looks wonderful! Lots of space to fill with plants and dive into some variety! Beautiful work on your plants as well.. They are stacking nicely and you will have some fat colas soon. Before this current run I harvested Sweet Seeds killer kush (OG Kush) and it’s got some power to it! I’m m subbed up for the rest of the show!! Have a blessed day my Braddah!

Aloha
:passitleft:
thanks brother! your auto tent is a bit of an inspiration for me. really loved that amnesia you did a little while back. the training looks great and you really know how to maximize your space. i will have to pick your brain about it in the future, im sure! aloha to you too

Awesome job @politoed, you should be proud of the progress you’ve made brother! Looking fantastic. How do you plan on hanging the lights? Eye bolts, I would assume is your plan. Eitherway it looks killer! Can’t wait to see you fill it! This is great!
thanks duderino.. was thinking eye bolts. probably will place a few sets every 6" or so up on the ceiling in case i need to raise them up to accommodate the plants. the main challenge i see here is having to walk thru the 12/12 room to get to the 18/6, but ill set the lights to come on at the same time and hopefully it works out. couldnt have done this without you guys here
Love it and awesome job! The slanted wall will help boost par readings on the edges too. Long term, I am hoping to do something similar but in one end of a pole barn.
thanks dude! and here i was worried about those slant walls as the big pain in the ass. now im excited they are there. my big goal is to pull 500g from one of these 250w lights. i think it can be done.

I'm going to watch for a bit! I just dropped a Fastbuds OG Kush and my last grow I had an LSD-25 (which was a disaster, my fault) so I'll be interested to see when you grow yours. Looking good so far. Fastbuds genetics always seem to do well.

I'm going to watch for a bit! I just dropped a Fastbuds OG Kush and my last grow I had an LSD-25 (which was a disaster, my fault) so I'll be interested to see when you grow yours. Looking good so far. Fastbuds genetics always seem to do well.
oh no. what happened to the LSD?

a 6” fan fell on one of my grapefruits when it was like 8 days old. totally flattened. now its the 2nd biggest plant. go figure

Mahalo for the compliment my Braddah! I am forever learning but I am happy to share and help where I can. I just keep things as simple as possible and take my time.

that space is gonna be awesome full of plants!

oh no. what happened to the LSD?

a 6” fan fell on one of my grapefruits when it was like 8 days old. totally flattened. now its the 2nd biggest plant. go figure

I think it was heat stress. It started turning brown and nothing I could do made it better. I finally took it down and got a few ounces off it, but it is crap. It is strong though. I'll probably end up making dry ice hash with it. I had another plant showed a good bit of heat stress as well. The third plant was fine. I have a much taller tent now to hopefully let hot air rise and keep my plants cooler....if they ever break out of their rapid rooters. I've never had seeds so slow to germ.

I think it was heat stress. It started turning brown and nothing I could do made it better. I finally took it down and got a few ounces off it, but it is crap. It is strong though. I'll probably end up making dry ice hash with it. I had another plant showed a good bit of heat stress as well. The third plant was fine. I have a much taller tent now to hopefully let hot air rise and keep my plants cooler....if they ever break out of their rapid rooters. I've never had seeds so slow to germ.
good luck with your new girls. these girls had a slow start too but theyre doing well now. im sure yours will be great

decided to try some backbuilding on the girls. i clipped two of each of the quad branches on all but the big cream cookies. i opted for the smaller nug in each situation in hopes of making it catch up to the fatter one. heres some shots on grapefruit
IMG_2638.jpg
IMG_2636.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg
IMG_2637.JPG

Week 8 - Cruise Control

Aside from some light defoliation, there is not much going on this week. I have added in epsom salts to fix the magnesium deficiency, but some damage has been done to the leaves. Shouldn’t be too big of a deal, the plants are frosting up and putting on weight. Next grow should be fun now that I know my water here.

Some of the plants seem like they have about 2-3 weeks left.. I have been lowering the night time temps to 67°F to try to fade them and get some color happening.

1C7F967E-7387-4976-AB41-0DCBA517F39F.jpeg
3007BF5E-6B56-4612-859D-817BA8FF13C9.jpeg
D79B34EB-296E-4748-B45D-81C7B1BA848C.png
E7F23B54-2C4A-4581-8C5E-36BC4134B39A.jpeg
916B29A1-316D-4DF9-8FD2-358ADE4FCA1C.jpeg
5715BEE8-D77B-4AA8-AC77-37F0A2F18506.jpeg

Group (plus some photos)
163BB157-7FEE-4F85-898B-3C9F678E55DF.jpeg

autumn colors
FB079853-3891-422B-88E0-C4CDAFB729A3.jpeg

Grapefruit cola
1FE9D9BC-7B1C-49AD-B73E-B4E009699B8F.jpeg