Pollen chuckers paradise

Growing plants from seeds that I made has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had. I urge all reading this to chuck at some point, you'll love it. The cross I'm most proud of is the Apollo 11 f2. I selected a male that exhibited all c99 traits and a female that appeared to be about 50/50 Genius/Cindy and covered in frost.
Rice or flour seem to be the way to go, I don't have anything to add but encouragement. My current dude is a Super Strawberry Diesel by Hazeman. I'll be collecting any day now, just being lazy. The female is the last Apollo I grew. She was amazing. All buds and floppy stems.
20190706_203926.jpg
20200209_165626.jpg

I left some buds on there to dry out really good and then hand rubbed them over the screen for seeds. I ended up with so much kief I was actually shocked. The quality was pretty nice too, better then my kief box. What do you do to process it into hash? Can you can eat it instead of smoking?

Oh I like it a lot. They will be revegged and I'll make one a keeper. Didnt stretch much in flower but smells unlike anything I've smelled before and its very frosty. Should be great smoke. I'll update once they cure a little. Smell is like a skunky garlic. I have two that look great but I'll decide after I get to smoke some buds

Best way to process keif is with a little heat and a lot of pressure. The combination of both changes the flavor similar to the old hash you could get.

I found a interesting close up today on my SSH males. I figured I would post them over here with all the rest of the dudes LOL. What I found may or may not be a cool thing. Hard to tell right now. It needs more time to develop but this is what I am really looking at. Which males produce trichomes if any. Looks to me that Bob may produce some. I will post both close ups so you can tell the difference.
This is Bob. He is the taller pheno that had lots of stretch. Looks to me there are trichomes forming on the outside of the pods in this picture. It is a bit early for them to be on leaves if it shows up. This is a good place and way to find them. Got to love cropping lol.

Billy is still a good looking plant. I don't see the same thing on the pods on it that I did on Bob.

I will be taking more macro pictures and cropping them as I continue looking for differences between these 2 plants. It is how I will catch the trichomes early.

How to pick the best male??

I just dropped some REG seeds from Annunaki - Prism.

Getting back into a full grow I went all FEMs to get going now I can pop some REGs and pick a nice male and spread some joy.

Making hash

Dry sift thru a screen

Collect kief

make a square packet with PARCHEMENT paper (not wax paper)

fold the packet into a nice size square and fill it with kief

Get an iron and a cloth. Put the packet inside the cloth and iron each side 3-4 times flipping the packet over and doing the other side. Press down a little bit.

Once the kief gets hot it will form a small brick.

Hash.

I prefer the hash from sativa leaners. Indica hash will put me out.

How to pick the best male??

I just dropped some REG seeds from Annunaki - Prism.

Getting back into a full grow I went all FEMs to get going now I can pop some REGs and pick a nice male and spread some joy.

Making hash

Dry sift thru a screen

Collect kief

make a square packet with PARCHEMENT paper (not wax paper)

fold the packet into a nice size square and fill it with kief

Get an iron and a cloth. Put the packet inside the cloth and iron each side 3-4 times flipping the packet over and doing the other side. Press down a little bit.

Once the kief gets hot it will form a small brick.

Hash.

I prefer the hash from sativa leaners. Indica hash will put me out.
hey bob just pop in with some cool info that's not how I make my hash but it sounds like it works that what matters you have a good one bud! :)

Seeds are soaking now so too early to tell.

@Van Stank stank popped some Sour Pineapple so I thought I pop a few of her house mates so went with Prism.

Prism = Pineapple Express x Huckleberry Soda

hey bob just pop in with some cool info that's not how I make my hash but it sounds like it works that what matters you have a good one bud! :)

Thanks brother - yeah old school method I learnt a while ago. New dawg get some old tricks! lol Tastes like the Lebanese we use to get back in the day but the weed these days a lot stronger so the hash hits me pretty hard. Puff 1 hit then its all a dream after that.

Now that I have my male in his own 4x8 tent with a hps over him I'm thinking about doing a open pollination with some of the girls. Couple of the girls are small, couple are kinda big. I'm thinking I'll collect pollen for the big plants and the smaller ones I'll just pollinate the whole plants. I have a small Chernobyl ( new pheno ) , 24k gold and Ting. Big original Chernobyl and rare darkness

Now that I have my male in his own 4x8 tent with a hps over him I'm thinking about doing a open pollination with some of the girls. Couple of the girls are small, couple are kinda big. I'm thinking I'll collect pollen for the big plants and the smaller ones I'll just pollinate the whole plants. I have a small Chernobyl ( new pheno ) , 24k gold and Ting. Big original Chernobyl and rare darkness
sounds like a plan bud! :)

I'd say annunaki is a really underrated breader. The sunlounger is a frost monster that really packs it on. That has some huckleberry soda in it if I remember correctly. I crossed some gdp and huckleberry soda. Call it Grandberry soda. Its growing very nice. Smells almost like fruity pebbles.

You want the best looking male in the bunch. Keep them until they are about to bust to make your choice in the best looking/smelling male of all the others then cull the rest. Use that stallion for pollination.

Thanks for the harsh tutorials guys! I have a lot of working material to get started. Canr wait to get testing.

Thanks brother - yeah old school method I learnt a while ago. New dawg get some old tricks! lol Tastes like the Lebanese we use to get back in the day but the weed these days a lot stronger so the hash hits me pretty hard. Puff 1 hit then its all a dream after that.
that's basically how I do it I just use this!

but I heat it up first then smash it into a hard disk!

Thanks for the tip - Yeah I've been buying seeds from Annunaki for a while now. An old friend @brightlight turned me on to them.

Was running a lot of IHG gear I got from them and they gave me a lot of freebees so I decided to pop a few REGs thought that was a good choice. I wanted to buy the Huckleberry Soda but got the Prism seeds instead.

I hope I get the pink pheno of show and tell if that's what I pop. I have been told that the other pheno smells like death.
The other pheno smells like straight up shit. At least while growing. After it is dried and cured it smells like lemon pledge or pinesol. The pink pheno is the one I was looking for as well. I tried finding pics of it but I have no idea which pictures it is lol.

Thanks for the tip - Yeah I've been buying seeds from Annunaki for a while now. An old friend @brightlight turned me on to them.

Was running a lot of IHG gear I got from them and they gave me a lot of freebees so I decided to pop a few REGs thought that was a good choice. I wanted to buy the Huckleberry Soda but got the Prism seeds instead.

That prism should be a real treat..... anything with huckleberry seems to get big and be real nice, dense buds. Anmunaki gear definitely doesn't disappoint

Thread must have been scrubbed. Saw a couple interesting posts and now they gone. 420 mods be quick :passitleft:
Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom