Pollen chuckers paradise

I haven't got to where I have tried to save any pollen yet, but only done experimenting 3 times so far and they have all been more spur of the moment thing prior to culling the male. I don't have tons of space to do it correctly as I try to stay close to the 4 plant max for Rec (which is pretty much impossible, stupid lawmakers that don't know squat as seedlings and clones shouldn't count as a plant).

Think this was pic of the Ace of Spades I used last time I messed around with chucking, dusted a Black Columbian OG clone that I had an extra of at the time.

Had a clone of the cross of those outside this last year that got chopped in November and a one inside I let go full cycle month prior:

Well ok sorta 4 experiments or on the shelf anyway as may test out the Hermie seed theory sometime with the Acaplulco Gold that hermied on me that I caught late so said screw it and let it go (whether high chance of hermies on hermie seeded bud or not....maybe someday or maybe never I will test theory ;) ). Haven't found any seeds yet on the Panama Red or that Black cross I made above that were on either side of that Gold so hermie pollen must not be very strong or something (but don't take my word for it and screw up your grows, or a "try at your own risk" ;) :rofl: ) Gold was middle plant with the red on left and black on right:

old school fluffy sticky buds full of seeds on that Gold :rofl:

Those are crazy shots! Never seen that before.

Those are crazy shots! Never seen that before.

Last link in my Sig has a lot of pics from my plants along with some pics of Dispensary flowers I have bought last few years, decided it was easier than trying to keep up with a Journal for me (and probably a lot easier for folks to follow my meandering style in much smaller pieces at a time ;) :rofl: :rofl: ).

I'll join, it's been fun hucking pollen and then working those strains further and further. When I started, i never planned on "breading" but now I'm all about the hunt. Just wish I had more space. I've tried pollen in the freezer but never with rice may have to try that. It lost its viability and now i just keep it room temp.

Here is the boom boom room. Set to a inline fan and filter and my seedless tent runs one of those dust shrooms to keep pollen out

Here I have a reversed GSC Xtrm for pollination on a GSC Xtrm and Garlic Sherbert. The GSC xtrm is my special pheno and I'll be giving it a new name.
20200208_070340.jpg
20200208_065635.jpg
20200208_065603.jpg
20200208_065539.jpg

It's funny, all my other plants would explode pollen when touched. This one had a ton of pollen but I had to take it by hand. I used my trim bin to collect all the pods and shake them on the screen to collect clean pollen under the bin. That Sherb is now elevated on another 1gal pot to get better lighting

I've got a few Garlic Sherbert in VEG right now. How do you like yours??

I got those beans at a THC Fair in town a few years back, the guy was quite the character and he had/has a bunch of old school stuff that he has made Hybrids out of (think it's Gold Crown Seeds for the breeder). He has a book about the old hash smuggling days of old, quite the read (good to see there was folks crazier than I was back in the day ;) :rofl: )

Whats the title of the book? I love reading about the old days.

I Have a really close old school friend that was into smuggling in the 60s and 70s in SoCal. He's got some great stories. I can hang with him for hours and listen to them.

I have one of those to and there nice that's how I get all my sift to make hash you need one dank! :)

This ^^^ What I use for a trim tray is a trim tray with screen. Can make dry sift hash and apparently good clean pollen. Who knew. lol Great i-deer.

Whats the title of the book? I love reading about the old days.

The King of Nepal

I'm only about half way thru it so far, need to make more time to read like the old days instead of being online most of the day ;) :rofl:

I have one of those to and there nice that's how I get all my sift to make hash you need one dank! :)
I left some buds on there to dry out really good and then hand rubbed them over the screen for seeds. I ended up with so much kief I was actually shocked. The quality was pretty nice too, better then my kief box. What do you do to process it into hash? Can you can eat it instead of smoking?
I've got a few Garlic Sherbert in VEG right now. How do you like yours??
Oh I like it a lot. They will be revegged and I'll make one a keeper. Didnt stretch much in flower but smells unlike anything I've smelled before and its very frosty. Should be great smoke. I'll update once they cure a little. Smell is like a skunky garlic. I have two that look great but I'll decide after I get to smoke some buds

Last link in my Sig has a lot of pics from my plants along with some pics of Dispensary flowers I have bought last few years, decided it was easier than trying to keep up with a Journal for me (and probably a lot easier for folks to follow my meandering style in much smaller pieces at a time ;) :rofl: :rofl: ).
What a great idea :love: funny
I want one of those box screen... I make bubble hash but want to try new ways....

I left some buds on there to dry out really good and then hand rubbed them over the screen for seeds. I ended up with so much kief I was actually shocked. The quality was pretty nice too, better then my kief box. What do you do to process it into hash? Can you can eat it instead of smoking?
sure you can eat it rich or make butter or oil ive got this gadget to make it into a piece of hash ill take a pic of and be back in a minute!

What a great idea :love: funny
I want one of those box screen... I make bubble hash but want to try new ways....

The screen works great. Pay attention to the size of the screen before purchase.
I have one that I use for dry sift I think its 100 micron (by US standards).

Mine is called "Heavy Harvest 100 Micron Tray Top"

I got it off azon but they are currently unavailable. I got the base and the 100 micron screen. They have a few other screen sizes.

Now wondering what the size of a cannabis pollen grain would be??

hey rich heres the tool I use to make a plug of hash I like to put it in the oven set at the lowest temp mine is 170 degrees until its hot then ill put the sift in there I do need to mention I cut two rounds of parchment paper for each end with those in place put the sift in then I will squeeze it by hand as best I can then I take it outside and place upright on a brick then I use another brick and hammer it then back into the oven for 30 min let it cool then push it out with something there you have it your own organic hash!

hey rich heres the tool I use to make a plug of hash I like to put it in the oven set at the lowest temp mine is 170 degrees until its hot then ill put the sift in there I do need to mention I cut two rounds of parchment paper for each end with those in place put the sift in then I will squeeze it by hand as best I can then I take it outside and place upright on a brick then I use another brick and hammer it then back into the oven for 30 min let it cool then push it out with something there you have it your own organic hash!

Dam you guys have awesome material, I'll have to find that???
Pretty sure I draw my line at being that handy

Chernobyl male to all those strains

Sativa or Indicas..not familiar with them

Now my African I just pollinated this grow is Chernobyl x Mozambique...very nice sativa for sure

Chernobyl male to all those strains

Sativa or Indicas..not familiar with them

Now my African I just pollinated this grow is Chernobyl x Mozambique...very nice sativa for sure
Chernobyl is 70/30 sat leaning. The top pick on my list is 24k gold I've grown last 5 runs. Super stable and potent. It's 50/50 mix. The rest are similar. Also I have a new Chernobyl female early in bloom that's more ind looking. First run of it. It got started same time as the male

Back
Top Bottom